Status
Not open for further replies.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i'm hoping to seal this tube and fill it with juice. insert a tube that's gonna go from the reservoir to the atty and hope its gonna feed as you draw. its probably not gonna work but maybe someone smarter than me (who isn't?) would be able to make a decent one that works.
question:
what can i use to seal this thing? food friendly and PG resistant. thanks for bearing with me!:vapor:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
(snip)

question:
what can i use to seal this thing? food friendly and PG resistant. thanks for bearing with me!:vapor:

I promised myself I would not step out into other threads as I seem to be getting myself in trouble lately.... :rolleyes:... but here I am.

According to the manufacturers website... JB Weld is non toxic when dry:

J-B Weld Company - Frequently Asked Questions

I also have some QuickSteel (steel-reinforced epoxy putty) sitting here that states on the label; "Drinking water safe".

Both of these can be used to repair water tanks, faucets and water pipe.... so.... I would guess that these would be safe. We know they can take heat and we know they are chemical resistant.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
If its sealed like a can with a straw coming up nothing will flow...you would need to have an air bleed to replace the fluid...unless I not seeing it right. And yeah...what Dreamy said the only thing I can think of.

Dreamy....nobody here is better than anyone else...speak your mind whenever you want and if they dont like it tough shyt...they have a big X on the upper right screen.

Yeah there he goes again...Sorry...:offtopic: :D

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
I also have some QuickSteel (steel-reinforced epoxy putty) sitting here that states on the label; "Drinking water safe".
i got some of that but i decided to go with gorilla. their website states that its toxic free as long as it's fully cured (24 hours)
If its sealed like a can with a straw coming up nothing will flow...you would need to have an air bleed to replace the fluid...
yeah! you got a point there :blink: we'll see how it goes...
thanks, nice peeps!

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
It looks like you've got the sealant part covered, what kind of atty are you using? I'm asking because of air flow. If all of the air is being drawn from a hole in the atty, it will be tough getting enough of a suction through the tube to bring liquid up? Also, you may need to poke a hold in your juice bottle to replace the space where the juice was or the bottle would look like those vacuum sealers you see on TV.:)
You'll need to make sure that no air can come in around the tube coming up through the connector.
I'm basically thinking out loud here, I hope I'm hitting on something that helps. I'd like to see you get this working. It's a great idea!

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
im back to where i was b4 i effed up the + connection. have to seal the thing and this time i'll be using JB weld. i let go the atomizer tubing and using now a pill fob i got from harbor freight (think its the same one tinear used on BOB). im kinda skeptical about this thing actually working but at least it looks cool :2cool:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
How about a button that causes a ketchup-bag-like juice container inside to squeeze a drop at a time to a wick waiting at the tip of the reservoir bag?

Or that adaptor-like thing could actually be two components, one of which is a ring which you turn, and every time you turn it once, it moves a threaded part inside which squeezes out juice 3 drops per turn onto a wick waiting for juice at the tip?

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i think that a thing like this can work like an AFS (GG style) but you dont need to drill a hole into the atomizer cos it feeds from the bottom as you draw and if there was a screw that you could close or lose it would adjust the draw needed based on the juice viscosity...

Last edited:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Oh my I can see this coming along nicely. MisterD, you already have 2 screws here, one on the battery side and on on the atty side-- your threads on the connectors. Juice is non conductive, so feeding the very bottom of the atty connector is ok. OK, so air is allowed in on the battery side, but just a bit. On the atty side, when you tighten the atty, you mostly seal the connection, thus "drinking up" some juice from the tube by taking a stiffer draw. Then to actually vape, just back off the atty in its threads and allow air back in the system. Very adjustable and quite easy to regulate on the go

Someone else has something like this going on and mentioned "needle valve" and "carburetor" but I think he's busy out on a boat with a 2.3ml resevoir:2cool::2cool:.

I'm very glad you got back to this , you've made my morning:toast:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
thanks, nice peeps!
@ Scottbee - i've sure been to yours dream PV thread and never got to understand how in the heck you had a reservoir going on or how did that worked (it was even more a mistery to me cos i didnt know an AFS GG existed). i wish you could tell us how you did it on some sort of tutorial (the rotating filling port and all).

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
misterd, I really believe you are close with this, and being as scottbee took time off from navigating his well equipped craft to pop in for a visit, I think even more so.

The pill fob is great, I've been thinking of those and portable ashtrays for a mod body. also, another way to go with this (if nothing else conceptually, you've already got a working model) take a dead atty, gut it except for the tube and connector to the battery, and then put a battery connector on the other end, much like you've got. I'm thinking in terms of 501's and I think you have 901's??

Anyhow I'm curious how you connect the positive terminals? A wire seems a natural choice, but you could try a spring or the feeder tube as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread