UD Goblin Mini v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
So far I like the dual coil better. The single, while I've only tried two builds so far is rather lackuster. I tried a 4mm spaced and a 3mm contact. I want to find a sweetspot, just haven't found it yet with the single.
Is the spitback protection screwed in? It restricts airflow a bit and I found improves flavor in higher ohm builds..

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I still use stronger nic strengths and usually only use single coil at low to mid range wattage so I'm hoping a single coil build will work for me. If not I might venture into dual coil builds. I'll just have to mix at lower levels.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Works for me.
    image.png

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    I still use stronger nic strengths and usually only use single coil at low to mid range wattage so I'm hoping a single coil build will work for me. If not I might venture into dual coil builds. I'll just have to mix at lower levels.
    The duals I have going at 49w. I'm going to put in a spaced single and see how that goes.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to getting it. My Crius plus should be here tomorrow or Friday. Between the Crius, Crius plus, and goblin I'm going to be in tank heaven.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    @hiclass you asked about the length from post hole to post hole.

From inside to inside it's about 3.9mm.

15pg7m9.jpg
    A big thank to you!:thumbs:

Another thing is about the size of the post hole, GeekVape's staple staggered fused clapton requires a post hole > 2.6mm... (if I use one in the future)

Another thing I dislike about Merlin RTA: the gap between the chamber and glass tank is too small. It bother me a lot because everytime after rewick, big bubble stuck and cover the whole JFC hole and it won't go away until I flip my tank horinzontally to wipe it. How big is this gap in Goblin V3?

Reactions: MMW

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    A big thank to you!:thumbs:

Another thing is about the size of the post hole, GeekVape's staple staggered fused clapton requires a post hole > 2.6mm... (if I use one in the future)

Another thing I dislike about Merlin RTA: the gap between the chamber and glass tank is too small. It bother me a lot because everytime after rewick, big bubble stuck and cover the whole JFC hole and it won't go away until I flip my tank horinzontally to wipe it. How big is this gap in Goblin V3?
    No problem brother. Are those Geekvape coils pre rolled? Must only be 4wraps or so?
    The gap between the glass and barrel is fairly big due to the small barrel. I will measure the gap for you when I go through this tank.

So, will this replace my Merlins? No. You're fairly limited to what you can put on these decks, which doesn't bother me.
    These will be in rotation with the Merlin for sure.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
    Jul 21, 2016
    That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to getting it. My Crius plus should be here tomorrow or Friday. Between the Crius, Crius plus, and goblin I'm going to be in tank heaven.

Eh, don't get your hopes too high on the Crius Plus. It's got some flavor issues IMHO. It's now in my graveyard.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    No problem brother. Are those Geekvape coils pre rolled? Must only be 4wraps or so?
    The gap between the glass and barrel is fairly big due to the small barrel. I will measure the gap for you when I go through this tank.

So, will this replace my Merlins? No. You're fairly limited to what you can put on these decks, which doesn't bother me.
    These will be in rotation with the Merlin for sure.

The GeekVape site has 10ft Kanthal type staple staggered fused clapton wire which requires > 2.6mm post hole. On fasttech web site, they have GeekVape SS316L staple staggered fused clapton, however, they forever postpone its ETA.

My top priority is still to get a short Merlin tank, since the 24mm short Merlin is still not within consumer reach, I am trying my best to get the Chinese ver of Merlin RTA (the one with short and long tank in a box).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread