UK had 1st Oil Vaping-Related Death in 2010, US has 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
self reported and no pics or witness's.

Is this a real PG?
The only pic was of the bottle label, which had a different company name than the one he used. It did have the odor of a possible smear. It was a company I’d never heard of. Also posted by a new member. The problem with those is it’s the standard way for a shill to show up, and we do get a fair number of those here.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Of the people who've died or been hospitalized in the US, the vast majority have admitted to vaping MJ extracts.

And the rest lied about not vaping thc.

Many/Most may have been Truthful with their Doctors (Very Likely). But that Information would be Protected from the Media.

And with the Media we have in the USA, I'm not going to Blame someone if they were Unwilling to admit they were using THC to a News Bottom Feeder reporter.

• Agree
Reactions: fiddleshe

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
And the rest lied about not vaping thc.
We don't know this for a fact, but it certainly seems likely that at least some of them wouldn't own up to it.

Somewhere between 80 and 90% admit it. Let's assume half the rest are being disingenuous and not admitting it. What does that leave us? Out of ~500 people we might have 25-50 who've been hospitalized with lung problems who vaped but didn't vape MJ extracts.

How many people are hospitalized with similar lung problems who never vaped a thing?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
Is this a real PG?
The only pic was of the bottle label, which had a different company name than the one he used. It did have the odor of a possible smear. It was a company I’d never heard of. Also posted by a new member. The problem with those is it’s the standard way for a shill to show up, and we do get a fair number of those here.
I seem to remember an episode of Frasier where Niles goes on and on about the amount of insect particles allowed in products to pass testing for common standards.

These threads are worrisome, I can see the article already "World's largest vaping community concerned about recent vaping related epidemic. It's an odd mix over at ECF.com, the world's leading vaping website. Half of the thread titles regard vaping casualties, the other half how to continue vaping after prohibition becomes final. The vaping community seems to be split in a group of novices, rapidly seeing the dangers of their habit and abandoning it and a group of hardcore vapers who let their addiction speak louder than common sense and yada yada."

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The thing is, "USP" designation isn't really vaping specific

I've seen 97%, 98%, 99%, 99.7%, 99.9% and 99.9% Kosher VG. Not sure is Kosher makes a difference but since it costs the same as the 99.9% USP, and a Rabbi kinda inspected it ... seems like a 'safer' buy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I hope the Doc is still alive. Otherwise some media outlet will come up with the idea that first hand contact with a vaper is deadly!!

Is it the 14'th or the 15'th death? Obviously one reporter has polydactyly a had trouble counting them!

"Officials say the death in Nebraska happened in May."
Technically UK still has zero confirmed cases.

What are the dangers of vaping?
But in the UK, no vaping-related deaths have been confirmed and health officials continue to endorse e-cigarettes as an effective way to quit smoking.

US rises to 16.

Reactions: Katya

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've seen 97%, 98%, 99%, 99.7%, 99.9% and 99.9% Kosher VG. Not sure is Kosher makes a difference but since it costs the same as the 99.9% USP, and a Rabbi kinda inspected it ... seems like a 'safer' buy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do those Percentages you have seen have the word "Anhydrous" after them.

If so, then you are being told something.

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
How many people are hospitalized with similar lung problems who never vaped a thing?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Ay, there's the rub.

There are two kinds of lipoid pneumonia--exo- and endogenous.

Lipoid (Lipid) Pneumonia Symptoms and Treatment

Exogenous pneumonia is caused by inhaling lipids--WD-40, spray paint, Vicks Vaporub or Vit. E acetate. Endogenous lipoid pneumonia is more complicated and often described as idiopathic, which is medical speak for we have no clue.

What I'm afraid of now is that any case of lipoid pneumonia will be automatically blamed on vaping.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I personally feel those denying use should be drug tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be my instinctive first reaction. But then you are getting into the area of putting the benefit of the many ahead of the rights of the individual. Demanding that they prove their innocence, or accept having their record tagged permanently with the label druggie. Just seems like murky ground from a moral point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread