Upgrade time - twist v lavatube thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothvilleboi

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2011
Boothville Louisiana
I have an LT. And its a good mod for the price. Although I no longer use it due to finally purchasing my reo two months ago. The only thing I hate about the LT is that its really long. Like. Really. And when I try to set it down I have to lay it on its side. Especially with a tank on it. And drip tip. Other than cosmetics its a good solid mod for the price. I like to call it a pre-vari.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I've been using the Lavatube for about a month, coming from a standard eGo, to a Kgo VV, to the LT. Fortunately the LT was given to me, so I didn't have to pay for it! I love it, it's battery lasts a good solid two days of vaping, but it's huge. I'm a server, so I used to keep my ego in my apron. Well, with the lavatube that isn't feasible. Even in my pants pocket it was just, well... big. And I like my Kgo VV just fine, but aesthetically it's not too pleasing, and I hate the button. Also it's a 650 mah battery and doesn't last very long. SO, I got an eGo Twist and I love it. I rarely vape above 4.8, so I'm totally fine with that being the cut-off point. I almost never vape anything at or above 5 volts. The Twist hits hard, it's a 1000 mah battery, and I got it in stainless. It looks pretty. And best of all, it fits in my pocket and apron again just fine!

I say go with the Twist, if you haven't already made the decision/purchase. Use it, save up a little for a Lavatube. Or if you can save a little more, go for a Provari mini.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Well, then, enjoy your new Lavatube!

Speaking of which, I need to swing by my local B&M shop and pick up another 18650 battery. Hate the wait between charges. It takes a LOOONG time to charge. I usually charge it right before going to bed, and set an alarm about 4-5 hours later to wake me up. I don't want to keep a fully-charged battery in the charger. Just me being OCD.

fooey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
chicago
i own both and would recommend the new 1300mah spinner instead of a twist. its slightly thicker, shorter, and has alot more vape time than a regular twist.

the vape from a lavatube seems to be better to me at the same voltage settings, not sure if its placebo but i really like it. but the lavatube has all kinds of problems with the 510 connector, the button misfires, and if you get a chrome lt, its heavy. battery life with my v2 chrome young june sucks :(

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
How about the smallest 18650 tube mod. The Joyetech 18650 EGO-T? It runs in both EGO mode at 3.3v and unregulated mode right off the battery. The button is slightly inconvenient on the flat button model but it also features the 5 click on/off mode. I had 4 18650 2200mah panasonic batteries so I picked one up for 19.00. It rocks.

I have a LT and it works ok but kind of redundant if you ask me. And I don't particularly like the fact that it self regulates. The provari I have but it is nearly obscene to take anywhere without looking like a fiend.

Someone else mentioned the KGO. I can vouch for this kit being a good one. I don't care for the vari-volt version but the standard KGO lasts me all day at around 10 hrs using 1.7 ohm cartos or about 3-4 mils of juice. As far as working well and the basic requirements of most vaping habits, I'd put it up against just about anything. It's also conservatively sized comparatively and also has the 5 click on/off feature. It just runs direct off of it's 1100 mah battery, with very little voltage drop, and hits well almost all the way down to it's recharge indicator.

fooey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
chicago
what kind of battery life or approx how much ml of liquid are you getting unregulated with your 18650 ego?

How about the smallest 18650 tube mod. The Joyetech 18650 EGO-T? It runs in both EGO mode at 3.3v and unregulated mode right off the battery. The button is slightly inconvenient on the flat button model but it also features the 5 click on/off mode. I had 4 18650 2200mah panasonic batteries so I picked one up for 19.00. It rocks.

I have a LT and it works ok but kind of redundant if you ask me. And I don't particularly like the fact that it self regulates. The provari I have but it is nearly obscene to take anywhere without looking like a fiend.

Someone else mentioned the KGO. I can vouch for this kit being a good one. I don't care for the vari-volt version but the standard KGO lasts me all day at around 10 hrs using 1.7 ohm cartos or about 3-4 mils of juice. As far as working well and the basic requirements of most vaping habits, I'd put it up against just about anything. It's also conservatively sized comparatively and also has the 5 click on/off feature. It just runs direct off of it's 1100 mah battery, with very little voltage drop, and hits well almost all the way down to it's recharge indicator.

LTV1

Moved On
Oct 29, 2012
USA
i own both and would recommend the new 1300mah spinner instead of a twist. its slightly thicker, shorter, and has alot more vape time than a regular twist.

the vape from a lavatube seems to be better to me at the same voltage settings, not sure if its placebo but i really like it. but the lavatube has all kinds of problems with the 510 connector, the button misfires, and if you get a chrome lt, its heavy. battery life with my v2 chrome young june sucks :(

Agree on all counts. Have all 3 also. A few 1000 Mah Joyetech Twists, one 1300 Mah Vision "Ego" Spinner and one YJ chrome 2.0 LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread