Vamo user check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
I thought I was going nuts. I don't have that little box in the bottom right corner of my posts. I have all the other little boxes, but not that one.:blink: Weird. I had no idea the forum wanted to preserve my words unchanged for posterity. Do they know something I don't?
This problem is both on my desktop and my phone.
You need to empty your web cache, I had this happen to me too, and it drove me banana's.
It happens from time to time, I run FireFox thankfully they have a little add-on called Empty Cache Button 2.0 works a treat if you don't fancy fiddling with your internet settings.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You need to empty your web cache, I had this happen to me too, and it drove me banana's.
It happens from time to time, I run FireFox thankfully they have a little add-on called Empty Cache Button 2.0 works a treat if you don't fancy fiddling with your internet settings.

Well that's an interesting little tid-bit meli. I use Firefox as well. Thanks.

Let us know if this works for ya PLANofMAN. I'm quite curious. If not, the vodka and hammer idea isn't so bad. ;)

Last edited:

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
chrome v2, coming from e-smokeireland.eu:

- remembers ALL settings after battery switching :)
- has a red gasket around the positive pole
- has a long-ish (but very thin/weak) spring

on the minus side, it exhibits intermittent behaviour so that it reads fully charged batteries at 0.4/0.5V instead of 4.2V and (hence) refuses to fire stating "LOv". I don't think it loves me, though :)

Sylvaria

Jun 2, 2012
Indiana, USA
Suppose I should check in got my SS Vamo yesterday afternoon with a bunch of 18350 batts. It is getting plenty of vape time, kinda switching back and forth between it and my Z. I really had a good giggle when I opened the box and it was packaged in a "discrete velvet bag" Going to have to be very careful which drawer I put my Vamo in so I don't grab the wrong thing and take out with me. :oops:

Syl

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Plan of MAn,
I thought Vodka & hammers were just SOP when working on ANYTHING.

louis
WWID? What Would Ivan Do? or "How to fix Russian motorcycles" Highly recommended technique in the Soviet Steeds Forums.

Installed it, emptied the cache, still didn't fix the problem. It only seems to be affecting me in certain parts of the forum. I can edit some of my other posts, just not any in the Vamo forum. Weird.

Suppose I should check in got my SS Vamo yesterday afternoon with a bunch of 18350 batts. It is getting plenty of vape time, kinda switching back and forth between it and my Z. I really had a good giggle when I opened the box and it was packaged in a "discrete velvet bag" Going to have to be very careful which drawer I put my Vamo in so I don't grab the wrong thing and take out with me. :oops:

Syl
Grab 'em both, then you'll be ready for anything!:p

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Syl

Oh My...:ohmy:

PLANofMAN is right though. You'll need the VAMO after a good Whamo. hehe.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC

on the minus side, it exhibits intermittent behaviour so that it reads fully charged batteries at 0.4/0.5V instead of 4.2V and (hence) refuses to fire stating "LOv". I don't think it loves me, though :)

You have the V1 spring there. That might cause you some rattling and intermittent shut-offs so be aware. I don't know why every vendor isn't giving a replacement spring at this point. It a well know issue already. Also, make sure you're using IMR batteries. I was using regular protected batteries and had the same exact problem with the "LOv" error. Once I got some IMRs in there it worked like a charm.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

Xpen,

I'd email Paul about at E-smokeireland about your problem, he'll look after you because he's one of the nicest guys you can deal with.
Handily for me, he's a 15 minute drive away from where I live.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Xpen,

I'd email Paul about at E-smokeireland about your problem, he'll look after you because he's one of the nicest guys you can deal with.
Handily for me, he's a 15 minute drive away from where I live.

Hi Dirk,

that would be handy for me as well, as of now, for I'm a bit far away from them :)

anyway yes I did email Paul/Sabrina late yesterday, but apparently these days they're very very busy, so no answer from them yet :(

Having to wait for returning instructions/RMA #, today I kept on testing the freaking vamo... and, obviously, today it hasn't missed a beat so far :censored: . Been vaping it at 8-10W since 10AM, no trouble at all. Go figure...

I'm just wondering what the problem may be, and why it only shown up during the first hours of (attempted) use. provided it doesn't occur again, that is.

if it keeps on going fine tomorrow, well I might even decide to keep it anyway.

thanks

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
You have the V1 spring there. That might cause you some rattling and intermittent shut-offs so be aware. I don't know why every vendor isn't giving a replacement spring at this point. It a well know issue already. Also, make sure you're using IMR batteries. I was using regular protected batteries and had the same exact problem with the "LOv" error. Once I got some IMRs in there it worked like a charm.
It may well be, but I'll find a better spring ASAP anyway. For having a disconnection though I need to shake it vertically, under normal usage conditions the connection seems to be stable enough.

In my case, I was using IMR batteries (I don't own any other type of 18xxx batteries):) Tried with the vendor-supplied Efest 18650/2000 IMR, and with my own well-tested AW 81650/1600, but the problem was still there anyway.

Today it seems to work fine, though. Same batts, same atty. beats me.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Just looked it up. Apparently we have the ability to edit our posts for 2 days. After that we're SOL. As for why you can't edit them at all is a mystery. I'd PM a MOD and ask. They are usually very helpful.

Nope, not for me as well... I'm SOL right away after posting, there's no button for modifying the just-posted message nowhere to be seen.

I thought it was a 'feature' of this forum, but since it shouldn't be that way, I'd appreciate a fix for that. Going to PM a moderator, thanks.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Nope, not for me as well... I'm SOL right away after posting, there's no button for modifying the just-posted message nowhere to be seen.

I thought it was a 'feature' of this forum, but since it shouldn't be that way, I'd appreciate a fix for that. Going to PM a moderator, thanks.
ah-ah, gotcha! At the bottom of this page I've eyed the "Posting permissions" section (lower right), and it plainly states "You may not edit your posts"... No clues as to why, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread