Vamo user check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
I'm having some serious trouble understanding where to order from. I would love to get a SS/V2 for a good price, and I don't want to wait a month to have it shipped. It seems that a lot of sites have copy and pasted their description from a wholesaler, saying things about small springs and stacking batteries and rattling that don't seem to add up to what SOME people have received. So I guess, who has ordered most recently and received a SS/V2 with no rattling, metal buttons, and all the bells and whistles I'm looking for?

I don't have the SS version and didn't order directly from China,

That said....
I have ordered from Health Cabin, and received my order (China -> Oklahoma) in about 5 days.
Just don't use the cheap "China Post" shipping option. (I used EMS)

I have a gunmetal Vamo with the smaller spring and button top AW and Efest 18350 batteries.
Those batteries don't rattle at all unless you shake it violently.
The spring that comes with the new SS version should be better.

The only issue with mine is that 2 button top batteries fit tight.
Not really an issue....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't have the SS version and didn't order directly from China,

That said....
I have ordered from Health Cabin, and received my order (China -> Oklahoma) in about 5 days.
Just don't use the cheap "China Post" shipping option. (I used EMS)

I have a gunmetal Vamo with the smaller spring and button top AW and Efest 18350 batteries.
Those batteries don't rattle at all unless you shake it violently.
The spring that comes with the new SS version should be better.

The only issue with mine is that 2 button top batteries fit tight.
Not really an issue....

Bassman...check that yellow envelope the VAMO came in. Healthcabin usually includes an extra upgraded spring in there. I almost threw mine out. Luckily I checked after reading about it in this thread. Thicker and stronger than the skinny wimpy spring that comes stock. No rattles at all.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Bassman...check that yellow envelope the VAMO came in. Healthcabin usually includes an extra upgraded spring in there. I almost threw mine out. Luckily I checked after reading about it in this thread. Thicker and stronger than the skinny wimpy spring that comes stock. No rattles at all.

Got mine as a gift...
Pretty sure it came from Smoktek.
The spring is fine though.
With these 18350's, if I was to shake it hard enough to get a rattle I'd probably throw it across the room.
With normal use I never have a rattle.
:)

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I ordered 3 as camps for health cabin, along with a bunch of other stuff. I didn't get any extra springs.

Sorry, 3 SS Vamos, not 3 as camps. Stupid spell checker.

My SS Vamo from Health Cabin did not come with an extra spring but it did come with the upgraded, larger diameter spring made with heavier wire already installed. I posted a photo of the spring that should have come installed on your SS Vamo. It is pictured on the right. If you got the wimpy spring pictured on the left email Health Cabin and tell them to send you the upgraded spring

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Ohhh...Sorry Bassman. I thought you said you got your VAMO from Healthcabin.

Last edited:

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry, 3 SS Vamos, not 3 as camps. Stupid spell checker.

No springs huh? Interesting. I'm thinking they only include the extra "good" spring with the gun metal and chrome. With the SS, the "good" springs are already installed. I could be mistaken but just my thoughts based on what everyone is saying in this thread.

And by "they" I mean Healthcabin.

Ya know, maybe, just maybe one day a vendor will actually get it right and put out an awesome product that does everything we want at an amazing price point and won't need upgraded springs, or have any wattage bugs, or reset the settings when we change batts or etc....so we don't have to sit here and bang our heads against the wall trying to figure out who actually has what we are paying for even though all the vendors are supposed to be selling the same product. Geez..........:mad:

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Okay, just a quick update. I love my Vamo. I was being slightly sarcastic in my post when I complained about fog, and I forgot to put this little guy ":rolleyes:" in there. I'm currently vaping with 1.8-2.8 Ohm attys, and Haven't been able to crank it past 4.2 v without losing serious flavor and getting a burned taste. I can see why people recommend a 4 Ohm atty on these things.

My stainless Vamos came with the newer "sturdier" spring (though if that's what is considered a sturdy spring, I'm glad I missed Version 1). I'm glad I ordered multiples, because two of them were pretty much perfect, but the third one has a crease in the metal tube, almost a scratch, that runs right through the screen and one of the buttons (gives it character). That Vamo also has a distinct tilt in the 510 connection, which makes any tank mounted to it lean drunkenly. Anyone know an easy fix for that. (preferably a fix that does not involve large bottles of Vodka and a hammer).

...and how do I edit posts? I gather there's supposed to be a pen looking thing that you click on. Where is it?:confused:

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Okay, just a quick update. I love my Vamo. I was being slightly sarcastic in my post when I complained about fog, and I forgot to put this little guy ":rolleyes:" in there. I'm currently vaping with 1.8-2.8 Ohm attys, and Haven't been able to crank it past 4.2 v without losing serious flavor and getting a burned taste. I can see why people recommend a 4 Ohm atty on these things.

My stainless Vamos came with the newer "sturdier" spring (though if that's what is considered a sturdy spring, I'm glad I missed Version 1). I'm glad I ordered multiples, because two of them were pretty much perfect, but the third one has a crease in the metal tube, almost a scratch, that runs right through the screen and one of the buttons (gives it character). That Vamo also has a distinct tilt in the 510 connection, which makes any tank mounted to it lean drunkenly. Anyone know an easy fix for that. (preferably a fix that does not involve large bottles of Vodka and a hammer).

...and how do I edit posts? I gather there's supposed to be a pen looking thing that you click on. Where is it?:confused:

I doubt you offended any one with your comment. Although there are some pretty sensitive VAMO owners out there, most of us have pretty thick skin. After all, We're VAPERS damn it! (It's the Provari folks ya have to worry about.) ;)

I've noticed the same thing. Low res attys, cartos, tank heads, etc... don't really perform well. Ya either end up with a burnt taste cause its too high or a lack of flavor/vapor cause it's too low. I have a 2.1 ohm head in my ViVi Nova tank right now and it's passable at 6.0watts MAX. Anything above that and it's not good at all. I've got some higher res wire and thicker wick on order so I can build the coils a bit higher. I'm thinking 2.4 ohms+ would be optimal. "For me". :)

You sure you have the "new" spring? The replacement I received was pretty good. Wider and MUCH more sturdy that the original.

My VAMO has the button with "character" as well. No click when pressed. Also gets stuck every so often. Mine also has the drunken tilt which I have no idea how to remedy nor will I try out of fear that I may make it worse or completely damage the whole darn thing. I can live with it. No crease though. That would drive me absolutely insane.

I actually told Healthcabin about the button sticking and they sent out a replacement. Waiting for it to get here so I can see how bad that one is before I send this one back. I'll compare the two and keep the lesser damaged of the two evils. Ha.

Oh...to edit the post you "should" and I stress "should" see a little box in the bottom right corner of your post with a pencil and says "Edit Post". Keep in mind though, that button goes away after a while. 24 hours perhaps? Not entirely sure but I know they don't want you editing posts throughout the life of thread. The potential to throw the whole thread off track would be quite high if they allowed that or that's what I was told a few weeks ago when I asked about the same exact thing. Can't delete a post either. Insane I tell you...just insane. :p

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
[...]Oh...to edit the post you "should" and I stress "should" see a little box in the bottom right corner of your post with a pencil and says "Edit Post". Keep in mind though, that button goes away after a while. 24 hours perhaps? Not entirely sure but I know they don't want you editing posts throughout the life of thread. The potential to throw the whole thread off track would be quite high if they allowed that or that's what I was told a few weeks ago when I asked about the same exact thing. Can't delete a post either. Insane I tell you...just insane. :p
I thought I was going nuts. I don't have that little box in the bottom right corner of my posts. I have all the other little boxes, but not that one.:blink: Weird. I had no idea the forum wanted to preserve my words unchanged for posterity. Do they know something I don't?
This problem is both on my desktop and my phone.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I thought I was going nuts. I don't have that little box in the bottom right corner of my posts. I have all the other little boxes, but not that one.:blink: Weird. I had no idea the forum wanted to preserve my words unchanged for posterity. Do they know something I don't?
This problem is both on my desktop and my phone.

Just looked it up. Apparently we have the ability to edit our posts for 2 days. After that we're SOL. As for why you can't edit them at all is a mystery. I'd PM a MOD and ask. They are usually very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread