Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I have several V2s and all have outlasted my expectations. I decided to upgrade to the SS V5 from fasttech which just arrived in yesterday's mail. A few things I'm disappointed in:
The V5 I received did not have the latest brass cap spring. The included silver spring causes the cap to get very warm at 8-9 watts.
It doesn't remember settings when changing out the battery. All my V2s retain the settings.
The OLED screen is impossible to read in normal daylight conditions.
Compared to the V2, the V5 feels "cheap". Not nearly the heft of the SS V2.
It randomly and frequently shuts itself off for no apparent reason.
I'm pretty sure this one is going back to fasttech for replacement.

Is losing the settings after a battery change inherent to the V5 or did I just get a fluke?

I also have the V2 for over a year now with no problems and yes it is built to last IMO. I received 2 'V5' duds so far and I am in the midst of waiting for the 3rd replacement.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
I have several V2s and all have outlasted my expectations. I decided to upgrade to the SS V5 from fasttech which just arrived in yesterday's mail. A few things I'm disappointed in:
The V5 I received did not have the latest brass cap spring. The included silver spring causes the cap to get very warm at 8-9 watts.
It doesn't remember settings when changing out the battery. All my V2s retain the settings.
The OLED screen is impossible to read in normal daylight conditions.
Compared to the V2, the V5 feels "cheap". Not nearly the heft of the SS V2.
It randomly and frequently shuts itself off for no apparent reason.
I'm pretty sure this one is going back to FastTech for replacement.

Is losing the settings after a battery change inherent to the V5 or did I just get a fluke?

Mine keeps it's settings but it is a KSD. The shutting off randomly does not sound good. I don't know anything about the knock off Vamos but I soon will. I could not pass up the 17.10 Ali express deal so I ordered a SS unit from that site last week. Fast tech was not cheap enough to tempt me. I mean heck, they are only 34 bucks for a KSD from an authorized seller on eBay.

So I have a question guys. My kit came with 2 flat top trust fire 1200 mah batteries are these safe? I already had to send it back to the vender as something went pear shaped from one of the free clearos it came with using a hobby grade charger I get them to 4.1 each.the charger it came with was crap and not worth the weight sending back. Please let me know as I hope to have a replacement saturday . if needs be I will go to the vape shop and snake something better.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Batteries with "fire" in the name don't have a real good reputation in these parts... Flat top is fine, though :)

"Hobby grade" charger? I suppose it might depend on what the hobby is, but a good charger is worth the minor investment. As are good batteries.

I'm guessing the ones provided are 18500? I've not seen any 18350s in that rating, although I've not looked at that size in some time. But if they are 18350, I wouldn't recommend stacking them. What info is on the label? I.e. size and type?

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Also I noticed they have a protection circuit me thinks that's bad.

It is bad, can conflict with the units protections.

I just bought another set of the Efest purple IMR 18350's this morning. Same seller but this time they come with a carry case for 11.95 or something for a pair, shipped. I really like the ones I already have and found I much prefer the Vamo in the shorter mode.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
First time I have seen this
My Vamo reads both OHMs (right button shows 1.7) and Power (left button shows 4.0v) but when I hit the fire button it shows 0.1s and goes to 0.2s, 0.3s, on and on and on will go to 3.0s and maybe even higher but I stopped. Has anybody ever heard of that?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
First time I have seen this
My Vamo reads both OHMs (right button shows 1.7) and Power (left button shows 4.0v) but when I hit the fire button it shows 0.1s and goes to 0.2s, 0.3s, on and on and on will go to 3.0s and maybe even higher but I stopped. Has anybody ever heard of that?

Is this one of the new v6 vamos?

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Oh alright. Not sure how I got it there but finally got it off.
thanks
It's a counter,it shows you how many seconds you hold the fire button.You can hold both small buttons for like 3 seconds to get to the menu,then you can choose what it shows when you press the fire button.

MSameer

Jun 4, 2012
Finland
I apologize if my post is offtopic to this thread:

I am thinking about getting one of those vamos ($22.25 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage / Wattage Mod - aluminum / 3.0-6.0V / 3.0W-15.0W / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) as I am a fan of black tube mods. I plan to use ot as my primary mod (I am still using a lavatube in 2014 :p).

Does anyone have any experience with those? I have also read that I need to get an adapter to protect the threads. Does it add too much length (I use 18650s)? And could anyone please recommend one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread