Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Have you screwed off the base and looked at it? is the wick sagging inside the coil?
You mean not filling the inside of the coil? I'll check. I know that I usually try to pack the cotton pretty tightly inside the coil.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Well if nothing in your coil changed, just the wick, then yes, it is probably underwicked. The symptoms sound like it as well. I would rewick and try to get things a little more snug in your coil.

You know, I just realized that taking more pics could be useful... Even if I never post them, I like the idea of being able to look at a "successful" wick if my current one isn't doing so well... That way I can see if I trimmed slightly shorter, longer, etc. Right now I am just going by memory, pretty much, but I could see a time where it could come in useful. Although rayon continues to be the magic wicking material for me.... I would never have thought I could achieve the state of "no leakage" everyone else was able to achieve. But, I may start keeping photographic track of my builds, wick etc. I'm about to recoil my 24 mm Siren in a bit, I can start there, LOL.

Anna
That's a good idea.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
You mean not filling the inside of the coil? I'll check. I know that I usually try to pack the cotton pretty tightly inside the coil.
yeah that's what I meant. Filling from the bottom - besides averting top fill issues - gives you a chance to peek under the hood and see if anything's amiss.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Its been two fills now and NO gurgle or leak. This little thing vapes awesome.
I went with a 3mm coil. I stuffed the Rayon into it (had to screw it in). I purposely used lots of cotton so I could properly fill the liquid channels. I figured it might flood the air hole, because to little cotton allows the liquid to overflow...still not sure, but hey it works for now.
Thanks @stols001 for the seed you planted...:thumb:

Hi - got a question for you all.
When you switched tanks from 2ml to 4ml, did you put an oring on top of
the 4ml bellcap?
I'm asking because I got 2 Berserkers & I didn't & I have not had any problems
(other than proper wicking). I do always bottom fill, though.
Other day I got my 3rd Berserker & noticed that there was an
oring on top of the 2ml bellcap, but not on the 4ml cap.
So should I be putting an oring from the parts bag onto the larger
bellcap?
Thanks

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
YES. I had to stop and think what you were talking about. It's the Chimney/Atomizer chamber part that screws into the top cap. YES, there should be an o-ring already installed at the top, if there isn't, then do what you said you are planning to do. That sounds like a installation screw up from the factory. You might also try to measure that o-ring as that particular o-ring can get torn, lost, cut, and pinched rather easily, making it ineffective at holding a vacuum and needs replacing.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just checked mine, and that o-ring is a 5x1mm (that goes on the top of the Chimney/Atomizer Chamber), and the drip tip o-rings are 6x1mm, don't get them mixed up, and you might want to buy extra's of each to have on hand. Funny thing just happened when I pulled out my Chimney/Atomizer Chamber from the foam holder in the box. The o-ring came off and was laying in the foam container, very hard to see as it was a Black o-ring laying in that Black Foam parts holder. You might check yours out to see if that's where yours is.

Also, when I initially changed from the small tank to the big tank, I forgot to lube up that o-ring before I screwed it into the top cap. Just before I had it screwed all the way in I noticed that the o-ring was pinched and not seated into the slot on the Chimney top (one side of the o-ring was bulged out), and had I continued on I'm sure that I would have cut it, or at least deformed it, so that it would not have made a good seal.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Here's how I buy extra o-rings for my vape gear;

This for the VandyVape Berserker;

5x1mm- for top of Chimney/Atomizer Chamber
Metric Buna O-rings 5 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

6x1mm- for Drip Tip
Metric Buna O-rings 6 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

Hope this helps

I know that those are a lot of o-rings in a pack, but, at about $2 to $2.50 per pack it's not expensive, and all your other atomizers use some of the same sizes. I have MOST of the sizes from 1x1mm up to 20x1mm, and from 2x1.5mm up to 20x1.5mm, also some select sizes in 2mm thickness, such as 3x2mm up to 7x2mm. That's a lot of o-rings, but some of my gear came with all cheap o-rings installed (those red o-rings are just plain crap), so I was glad I had enough spares to completely re-ring whatever I needed to.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
WoW !! That is weird, Wilbur. I'd have to go back and see where I got mine from, give me a minute and I'll find out. Oh, I have bought (4) of them and all had that o-ring on them for both size tanks, I think from EightVape and GearBest, and 3fvape also. So I got one on the 2ml size and one on the 4ml size, plus an extra in the spares pack.

Edit; did you check in that black foam also ?? Ya know, it could be just different assemblers putting them together, and some of them put on that extra o-ring, and some others figure that you can use the one o-ring for both the different tank sizes, and swap it back and forth, plus the one extra in the spares pack. (I got (3) altogether of the 5x1mm o-rings per box). I bought (1) Black and (1) Gold for me, and (1) Black and (1) SS for my daughter.

Again, don't forget to lube up that o-ring (and ALL your o-rings for that matter) before you screw in the Chimney to the top cap. I always use just a dab of plain VG for lubing o-rings cause it's thicker than PG and will stick onto the o-ring better and longer, but you could just use a dab of your e-juice and that should work out just fine.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I watched Busardo's tutorial video on wicking and setup on the Ares yesterday. He recommends that the wick should be large enough that you have to twist it to get into the slots leading down to the bottom of the deck. A small wick is probably at the core of the leaking issues people are experiencing. It certainly fixed my weeping leak on the Ares.

Since the Siren 2, Ares, and the Beserker are so similar in design they all could benefit from a larger wick diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread