Vaped in Walmart, no problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal - The place to be!
I went shopping in my local Walmart (Ukiah, Ca.) today and figured I would just vape the whole time, just to see what would happen. I figured the worst that could possibly happen is someone would approach me and say something like "Sir, you can't do that in here." So not too much to worry about. In the checkout I was vaping the entire time, and the checker didn't say boo to me. Like I wasn't even vaping. The security person that stands by the front door to make sure people aren't stealing anything looked at me, saw me vape, took like two steps towards me, I vaped again and then let the lanyard connected mod box go so it rested on my chest, and at that point I think she realized it wasn't anything burning and then just went about her business. It was cool, I figured someone would hassle me, but no. Nothing :) not a single word. Just one curious look and two steps towards me. That's it :)

I thought it was cool and just wanted to tell my ECF family here about it. (What was I vaping? Backwoods Brew Casablanca, in a Boge LR carto attached to a 3.7v AA box mod with a lanyard attached to it, if you're curious)

Awesome! :p

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have vaped in Pizza Hut, Tractor Supply, even the public library. I do try to stealth vape but I thought it was neat, alot better than smoking. The strangest looks I have gotten was when I was at the county fairs last fall. Alot of the smokers stared especially when I put my Ego into my shirt pocket.

joemazz

Moved On
May 4, 2011
Long Island, NY
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
I'm gonna' put in my 2 cents worth and say...

I think its rude to eat, drink, smoke or vape in any enclosed store but, as with anything, discretion should be the watchword if one is going to do any of these things..

Vaping openly, blatantly, as though daring someone to say anything, is just plain ill-mannered and does nothing to help the 'cause' of vaping.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
To the OP, THAT ROCKS! Lol. I knew I liked walmart, and a walmart in CA no less. And Tranced, which home depot has all of the lazy people so that I can narc em out to corporate. The one I work at and the other 3 in the area all have some very enthusiastic employees. I only vape at work if I'm in outside garden or the bathroom tho. If I walked around the store with my PV customers would whine about it and I'd get fired. Not enough ppl in the Cleveland area know what an eGo is and they'd scream "DRUGS!"

WTG tho to the walmart people for letting you vape in their store without a hassle.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Vaping openly, blatantly, as though daring someone to say anything, is just plain ill-mannered and does nothing to help the 'cause' of vaping.

See, that's the thing. It's widely unaccepted to smoke inside public places like Walmart or a lot of restaurants but vaping isn't smoking. The vapor dissipates and if studies continue to show that there is no second hand issues involved then why not be able to vape everywhere?

Sure, it would be rude to blow vapor into someone's face, I guess I am just a strong believer that people are a little too sensitive on what is and isn't accepted in society. I don't usually bring my PV out with me unless I know I am going to be gone for at least an hour or two but I don't find anything wrong with vaping in Walmart ~ if someone were to approach me and ask me not to, I'd most likely stop, out of respect.

Basically, all I am saying is that if vaping causes no one else harm, then I don't believe it's something that needs to be conceiled. -two cents.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I guess you are all upset with my initial post. I was at Pizza hut after an extremely stressful morning. I had my mini roughstack, and blew the vapor into my sleeve. It was very stealthily. I never blow plumes of vapor anywhere in public, even outside. I always breath deep and hold which cuts down on the vapor that gets exhaled.

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
i tend not to vape indoors like that, if i do im stealthing.

i was recently at six flags in MD for my kids cheer tourney and was vaping at an outdoor table inside the park. not in a smoking area. a ride operator came over and gave me the

"look man, im cool, i would rather tell you to not smoke then have security tell you"

which was nice

i replied "it's an ecig"

he says "O! an ecig? O that's cool then, no problem"

so either he was hip to ecigs (by the look of him i doubt that) or six flags staff had a little note/course about their use in the park.

cool experience though.

CapN Swagga

Feb 15, 2011
Nevada
I stealth vaped on a airplane before. Doctors office, tax preparer, courthouse, any restaraunt I go to usually, the diffrence is two things. Im always slightly polite and I will ask someone "may I vape in here"? Most people have no clue. Second only a idiot is disrespectful and blows fat clouds in peoples way, or smoke rings trying to show off. I vape anywhere if someone has a problem with it I will tell them to go pound sand.

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal - The place to be!
Well, to those of you that thought it was rude of me, I was really scratching my head here lol... thinking lighten up a little, I mean, come on :) that's one of the perks of vaping (besides the better flavors and longer life), getting to vape where you can't smoke! I wasn't blowing it in peoples faces, I wasn't vaping like a chimney, I was just casually vaping. Now if I was just running in there to pick up a new DVD player or something I may not have bothered, but I was food shopping, a process which usually takes about and hour or more especially when my wife is with me(decisions take her forever!). On top of that, I'm a chain-vaper. I love to vape so much, I had to lower my nic level 'cause I was vaping myself sick... nutty, I know, I've always been a bit... odd lol but to maintain my 'nicotine comfort zone' requires constant vaping with my weak juices. Not like a puff every other breath, but the occasional puff in between serious vape sessions. In the Walmart it was the occasional puff thing to keep me going until my next serious session. Blah blah blah...

But anyway, I can see where a couple of you are coming from, I can see how that very well could possibly hurt the cause, and that is the LAST thing I wanna do. I will even go as far as admitting that I may have been a little selfish maybe, I wanted to see the reaction of the employees, however I didn't consider the comfort of my fellow shoppers. Even though there is no harmful second hand smoke, it is not my wish to make people feel uncomfortable. So I really can understand those opinions. But wouldn't be great if we lived in a world where vaping was accepted by all, a world where you could just simply vape when ever and where ever the desire to struck you? The reason that will probably never happen is because cigarettes came out first, and destroyed the reputation of anything that looks or acts similarly. I mean if a 'natural food store shopper' type of person sees you exhaling white clouds 10 feet away you will no doubt get dirty looks, even if they could plainly see that it was an electronic cigarette. The deadly contents of tobacco have generated so much negative press that people may always have a 'hoidy toidy' attitude towards vaping too whether it is harmful or not. Maybe, with time, vaping will become more and more accepted by the general public, maybe, they will not remain ignorant but rather get educated about vaping and learn that vapor isn't smoke, maybe someday to them, vaping will be about as shocking as someone scratching their nose... but until then, I can see that vaping in Walmart, at this time, could possibly mess things up for us and I don't want that.

Peace to all of my fellow vapers.

Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread