• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapers in the ie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
Hopefully i can make it back in time for this. Would love to meet some locals.

what city is your buddy opening up at ?

His shop is in fullerton opening on the 17th but not a grand opening just yet. He has stock but not enough for demand just yet. If you guys wanna swing by on the 17th though his address is: 645 south state college blvd suite c Fullerton ca 92831
If thats too far, my wifes friends, boyfriend has a shop here in alhambra that carries Z-atty-pros if you guys want? I know they're pretty hard to get and he has them. Its called "njoye vape". Theres been a boom in B&M's here in the 626 area so if you guys are interested, PM me and i'll talk to the owner of either stores for a meet and they'll possibly bring in some extra chairs or something lol

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Hi all, sounds like there are some people from another forum going also. I really, really wish I could go, but sounds like the place is disabled unfriendly. Too bad about that, most places these days do try to accommodate us so I don't understand how the place can even be in business if they don't. But, such is life. If I get a burr up my .... I may just go anyway and see if I can't at least try. I can always take some narcotics :lol:

Have a great time!

Abracastabya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Corona, CA
www.facebook.com
Hi all, sounds like there are some people from another forum going also. I really, really wish I could go, but sounds like the place is disabled unfriendly. Too bad about that, most places these days do try to accommodate us so I don't understand how the place can even be in business if they don't. But, such is life. If I get a burr up my .... I may just go anyway and see if I can't at least try. I can always take some narcotics :lol:

Have a great time!

Haha yup! Too bad they don't serve booze, you could order some stiff ones ;) or better yet, both!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I did a try on the stairs. I haven't been upstairs in this house since my accident 2 years ago but maybe a few times. Luckily the master is on the first floor.

I only went up 3 stairs, and I can take the stairs UP very easily. It is coming DOWN that is the problem since I can't put full weight on the leg. It's the potential for gravity assistance down that scares me most! Since the meet is in the basement, at least I will have the tough part out of the way in the beginning. Maybe I should bring a flask for some relief once I get down there! I haven't left this house since surgery except to see the doctor, so if I make it I want to apologize in advance for looking a bit frazzled.

I really want to come and am going to see if DH can be persuaded into taking me. Knowing him, it is going to be "NO!" but maybe, just maybe, he will see how much I really want to and help me get there :toast:

Oolong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Orange County, CA
www.janhalili.com
A friendly reminder:
IE Vape Meet Sunday, March 10th 2-4pm
@ Back to the Grind
3575 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92501
We'll be in the basement :)

Please join us, everyone is welcome!!

Awesome. Re-posted on our forums, if you don't mind. I'm in OC, but I have friends and family out there. Will definitely try to make it out!

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
The coffee house itself is handicap accessible and remains in business because it's a wonderful place. The age and historic nature of the building probably exempts it from the ADA, so the basement where we are meeting does not have an elevator.

I agree, too bad they don't serve booze! I don't drink coffee at all.

Maybe you should organize a meet-up in a bar? I don't drink booze, so I helped organized this one at my favorite, vape friendly coffee house.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
The coffee house itself is handicap accessible and remains in business because it's a wonderful place. The age and historic nature of the building probably exempts it from the ADA, so the basement where we are meeting does not have an elevator.

Maybe you should organize a meet-up in a bar? I don't drink booze, so I helped organized this one at my favorite, vape friendly coffee house.

Nah, a bar isn't kid friendly and I enjoyed meeting your daughter. I was under the impression from the picture of the place it was modern and glass. I love historic buildings! Glad to hear it is disabled friendly, from the talk on here you all were saying it was not. I could only go by what you all said, and from the picture online. I tried their website, but it was blocked for malware.

Chances are getting better that I will see you on Sunday. This meet has gone to several other groups and there are people I have met from there going. I also would love to see you again. Are you bringing DH and the kidlet?

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
Nah, a bar isn't kid friendly and I enjoyed meeting your daughter. I was under the impression from the picture of the place it was modern and glass. I love historic buildings! Glad to hear it is disabled friendly, from the talk on here you all were saying it was not. I could only go by what you all said, and from the picture online. I tried their website, but it was blocked for malware.

Chances are getting better that I will see you on Sunday. This meet has gone to several other groups and there are people I have met from there going. I also would love to see you again. Are you bringing DH and the kidlet?

I don't think I'm being very clear. The coffee house itself is on ground level with no steps or stairs that I can think of. The coffee house also has a basement which only has some precarious stairs to get there. We are meeting in the basement because at our last meet-up someone complained that we were "smoking." The management has always been fine with us vaping as long as there were no complaints, which is why we are moving downstairs to avoid the normal patrons. So the ground level coffee house is accessible, but the basement where we'll be isn't. Hope that makes sense! I will not be bringing the kidlet or DH. Chasing a two year old is not exactly what I'd call a fun, relaxing time :)

Addendum: What other groups has this been posted on? We usually only have 2-6 people and that's what the coffee house is expecting. If we have a junk load of people that I don't know about, Back to the Grind probably won't be too happy with me.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I don't think I'm being very clear. The coffee house itself is on ground level with no steps or stairs that I can think of. The coffee house also has a basement which only has some precarious stairs to get there. We are meeting in the basement because at our last meet-up someone complained that we were "smoking." The management has always been fine with us vaping as long as there were no complaints, which is why we are moving downstairs to avoid the normal patrons. So the ground level coffee house is accessible, but the basement where we'll be isn't. Hope that makes sense! I will not be bringing the kidlet or DH. Chasing a two year old is not exactly what I'd call a fun, relaxing time :)

Addendum: What other groups has this been posted on? We usually only have 2-6 people and that's what the coffee house is expecting. If we have a junk load of people that I don't know about, Back to the Grind probably won't be too happy with me.

OCD posted it in VF, not sure how many people will be coming from there but I think I can account for about 7: Wooster, his gal, DH, myself, and FFS. Also OCD and his wife. And whoever else from here, plus a guy in the thread here above stated he was posting it to his group as well. (Though I will wait for tomorrow to see how the leg is before truly deciding)

You did say all were welcome so I guess the word went out.

ETA: it was OOlong who was posting to the OC group.

I just checked out NV, didn't see it posted there under Western US meets.

Last edited:

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
OCD posted it in VF, not sure how many people will be coming from there but I think I can account for about 7: Wooster, his gal, DH, myself, and FFS. Also OCD and his wife. And whoever else from here, plus a guy in the thread here above stated he was posting it to his group as well. (Though I will wait for tomorrow to see how the leg is before truly deciding)

You did say all were welcome so I guess the word went out.

ETA: it was OOlong who was posting to the OC group.

I just checked out NV, didn't see it posted there under Western US meets.

It's just very funny! I post this every month and last month two of us showed up. I wasn't expecting such a big response since in our six months of meeting, the most we've ever had was six people. Haha! Well I'm sure it will all work out and I look forward to meeting everyone. If we get the great turn out it looks like, I'll make sure we get adequate space next time.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
It's just very funny! I post this every month and last month two of us showed up. I wasn't expecting such a big response since in our six months of meeting, the most we've ever had was six people. Haha! Well I'm sure it will all work out and I look forward to meeting everyone. If we get the great turn out it looks like, I'll make sure we get adequate space next time.

I will post over there and see if I can't get a more definite number. I know when we met it was just the 3.5 of us, but the more the merrier right? Plus more sales for BttG :toast:

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
OCD posted it in VF, not sure how many people will be coming from there but I think I can account for about 7: Wooster, his gal, DH, myself, and FFS. Also OCD and his wife. And whoever else from here, plus a guy in the thread here above stated he was posting it to his group as well. (Though I will wait for tomorrow to see how the leg is before truly deciding).

FFS confirmed, he is bringing 2 midgets as well. So 9 posting over there they are coming.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
And the Offspring, She is the boss so I cant tell her she cant come :D

I also mentioned it in the the "Do you fiddle with your thingy?" thread, there are a few folks who post in there in the LA area so ??? More the merrier I say, should be a hoot and if there are too many for the Coffee shop we can find a park to hang at or something.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
And the Offspring, She is the boss so I cant tell her she cant come :D

I also mentioned it in the the "Do you fiddle with your thingy?" thread, there are a few folks who post in there in the LA area so ??? More the merrier I say, should be a hoot and if there are too many for the Coffee shop we can find a park to hang at or something.

For sure :) There are plenty of places to go if there are just too many of us and the coffee house has a good sized patio as well with several tables and such that we could invade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread