The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping activist fail

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by LyLyV, Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Walee

Walee Super Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I wish that person the best! If patches would work for me, I would love to kick the habit completely. Unfortunately they don't. I consider vaping a lesser alternative to quiting completely. Vaping is no secret anymore. If the patches don't work that person can always try vaping then.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I'm assuming this is a new brand of VG for DIYers?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Marcil802

Marcil802 New Member

Dec 21, 2017
    I know many different ways to satisfy this habit beside vaping

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Leopards

Leopards Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2016
    NE Ohio
    I carry a tin of Wintergtreen ZYN 6mg snus (with no tobacco, just some food grade ingredients and nicotine), around in my pocket for those times I am trapped for hours in a place where I can't vape!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. chellie

chellie Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I'm originally from New York so I'm pretty much an extrovert. I can usually "read" if someone does not want to be bothered. If they seem "approachable" I will say "Hi" and let them know that I smoked for over 30 years (closer to 40 in reality) and now vape and I show them my vape. And not that I am so gorgeous or anything but I've been told numerous times that I look pretty young (I was 11 when I started) so that usually opens up the conversation - "YOU smoked for almost 30 years - you look so young - how old are you?". So then I provide my lie age :) and then ask if they are interested in switching.

I've had more than one person really ask me a lot of questions - things that I wanted to know back then and I show them the battery, the tank etc. I even met a few nice people that I took their address down and sent them some of the older stuff I had. Others have asked me to write down what I just showed them.

So it depends on the person but yes I have approached folks.

• Like Like x 9
  7. skyboxer1968

skyboxer1968 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Illinois
    Perhaps an inquiry to see if that's working for him first. If it is, then it's a matter of "whatever keeps you off the smokes".
    Or if you wanted to argue, you could accuse him of buying a tobacco product like people do us, even if we vape 0mg!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I guess you're no longer in NY. If you start pulling out your vape after a saying a friendly Hi you'll probably get hit with pepper spray. Not the same city it used to be. Back then you would have just been shot.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Well he can patch at work. No stealth vaping required. Seriously though those patches are pricey

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'm pretty sure I'd have more money in the bank if the patch worked for me. I wouldn't be on the Patch Forum looking for the next great patch.
    "Wow, have you guys tried the new adhesive from Sweden ? I think I've finally found the perfect....stickyness!"

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    The thought is nice but I disagree. You are not a failure.
    Some people may not like that.
    I know people who have quit with spray and patches.
    My father is one and he would not liked to be approached about vaping. Kind of used to it because of me and tried it, didn’t like it.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I just Blew Iced Tea thru my Nose Laughing So Hard!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::blink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. numsquat

numsquat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2015
    I won't initiate my vaping (or any opinions or beliefs) with strangers or even most most people but if asked I will talk about it. I expect the same from others. I believe that forcing one's opinions and beliefs on others isn't a form of advocacy but educating when asked is. So OP shouldn't feel they weren't an advocate in that situation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. chellie

chellie Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    You know I am a cautious person but most -- not all - like me-- been gone a long time - I sound like I left yesterday and I visit regularly. So far -cross fingers -- I have had good judgement. Did have someone pull a gun on me after he said I cut him off. I was a little too stupid then to be scared and called him every name in the book and thankfully he didn't shoot me.

• Like Like x 5
  15. OldBatty

OldBatty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Patches do work! Not so much to quit smoking, but they help immensely with the very important "quitting without murdering your loved ones with an ax part". I should know did it about five times:rolleyes: As to the expense, scissors are your friend once you are ready to step down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I think I'd be violating forum rules to spell it out, but chances are good that if someone is buying a large quantity of nicotine patches, they won't be using them to kick a smoking habit. There's a scam going on where very different kinds of patches that look very similar can be made to look like each other.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  17. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    I think a significant number of people at the pharmacy don't want to engage in discussion with strangers the contents of their shopping baskets - I'm definitely one of them

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    Yeah, maybe if he had been chosen chatting and he brought it up, but I never want anyone to feel like I'm snooping their basket.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  19. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Well there you go. You are a NYer when you curse out someone pulling a gun on you. :)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I Wouldn't feel all that bad.

If someone asked me about it, Sure, I'll spend as much time as they Want and I have and tell them what I know. But if they Don't, well, then it kinda depends on the Person.

Something I will do though, especially if I'm standing in a Long Line, is do the "Test Comment". I'll say something like "Man this Line seems to be going Slow". Or "Why is the Line always Long when you have a Lot of Places to go?".

I can usually tell by the response I get if the person is a Talker. And if I get that "cool vacant stare of undue concern", I know that there is No Way they are going to want to hear something about e-Cigarettes.

If I get a Friendly Reply, then I might make a comment about are they trying to Quitting Smoking. And see how that goes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.