Vaping on the cheap 510 CE2 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Ok, I am thrifty by nature. I am also a gear hoarder. I am one of those people that spend hundreds of dollars for "stuff" on the way to spending hubdreds of dollars for the ProVari I should have gotten in the first place. That being said, once in a while you find something cool along the way. I have a couple Vivi, CE5's, drippping attys, mini tanks w/boge 3.0. I was bringing in some new flavors to try and wanted something inexpensive/ disposable. Dripping is fine but not convenient for work. I ordered some very inexpensive 510 CE2s for checking out flavors. To my surprise they actually ended up being really good. I am relatively new to vaping but I believe the CE2 system has been around forever. The silica wicks bring the juice up to a top mounted coil.
images

GRADING
Convenience - 4 of 10
There is a whole ritual required to fill these things. Nothing too difficult just time consuming. Once they are filled you are good to go. They come in various sizes so you do not have to constantly refill. Compared to the Vivi or CE5 where you just pour and go, these require a bit more attention

Vapor Production - 7 of 10
I like the production more than the CE5, Nanomizer but less than the Vivi or Tank. The amount of vapor is substantial enough to satisfy most people.

Taste - 7 of 10
Dripping is obviously the purest way to taste flavors. Just about any other delivery methods is a reduction in flavor to direct dripping. There are a ton of delivery systems available. I like the CE2 because the top mounted coil adds a bit of warmth to the flavor. I know it is a personal preference thing but I just like a warmer vape. If you opt to use the flat mouthpiece, you are about as close to the action as allowed by law. If you want a little cooler just add a longer drip tip. I have not experienced any burnt taste that others claim but I may have been lucky so far.

Appearance - 3 of 10
They just look cheap ( yes they are cheap). You will not experience the "cool" factor at all. It is more ridiculous if you use a fancy drip tip. Like putting 22" spinners on a Dodge Neon. They also look out of place on Mods. Keep a couple cheap eGo's for these guys.

Cost Effeciveness - 8 of 10
For what they are intended for, they are great. I have able to successfully clean and reuse these several times, with several flavors. That was not my original intent. I was going to just use them a while then pitch 'em but they keep going. I also like to tinker so the filling ritual is not a problem. I like these little things as much as any other devices. Not as cost effective as the DIY stuff out there but pretty close.

Tips and Tricks
1 These are not the best constructed devices out there so do not rough them up. When I disassemble for cleaning, I remove the mouthpiece and washer first. I use the eraser end of a pencil to hold the silicone piece in place while sliding the plastic tubing up from the base. This will prevent the silicone piece and coil head from getting pulled up by the plastic tubing and breaking the wires.
2 The wicks rinse pretty easily and can be carefully dried with a paper towel. You can soak the guts in warm water, power wash with a syringe adapter, or just rinse in the sink. I just reassemble and do a quick dry burn and its ready.
3 These tend to get a little juice at the top of the washer, between the washer and mouthpiece. A quick wipe with some tissue from time to time will keep un-vaped liquid from getting in your mouth.
4 I keep both flexible syringe tips and metal syringe tips for filling. I extract the liquid from the bottle with the metal tip then switch to the flexible tip to fill. The flexible tips do not last long, even with careful use, so keep plenty around.

Bottom Line - Pros: good vapor production, warm vapor, inexpensive
Cons: Not the easiest to fill. Not hearty construction, No "cool" factor

Here are the links where I got mine but there are plenty of other variations available.
http://www.aquavaporcig.com/5-Pack-Blank-510-XL-Clearomizer-45mm-Holds-16ml-20ohm_p_198.html

http://vaporbreak.com/index.php?id_product=127&controller=product&id_lang=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread