VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Anybody know where to pick up a 22mm 510 to 510 adapter? I'm trying to eliminate any connection issues between the VS rdna and a kanger subtank mini.

I've seen the smok Airflow Controller recommended by others: Tank Airflow Controller It's available in a large number of places...shop around for the best price and shipping.

EDIT: It seems it's 20mm, not 22mm.

Last edited:

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Yeah the screen size doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the lack of a buzzer especially since a lot of the time I'll be either using the usb or wireless charger so probably not switching batteries out too often (not to mention the fact that i tend to pay attention so I have yet to ever install a battery incorrectly anyway) only reason I was even thinking of holding off is to wait for evolv/vs to get the bugs worked out with the screen and battery life indicator issues they were having.

My thought (though this may not be right) was that the last batch they made with the smaller screens had very few issues. It was the large screen batch that had problems.

I ordered mine in the Cyber Monday sale and was one of the lucky ones that shipped out of order so I got it in a few days and got a small screen. It's been problem free. Many of the people who ordered had to wait over 30 days, but got upgraded to the larger screen and there were some issues with those. As there continue to be.

So my hope is that this last batch of small screen ones is good to go... I'll know in about 2-3 more days I suppose!

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Anybody know where to pick up a 22mm 510 to 510 adapter? I'm trying to eliminate any connection issues between the VS rdna and a kanger subtank mini.
Any local B&M should have one what your looking for is a universal air flow control ring. try eBay it was made to give tanks airflow control from the 510 before they started building them with it. It's low profile and works great see pic in previous post on this.

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA

I have read about this problem, but I don't understand it. I have been using nothing but my subtank mini since day one. No connection issues at all. Why is this a problem for some, but not for others? Is the QC breakdown in VS or Kangertech?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thus tonight...

2w32wr6.jpg

Vapor Shark, Erlkonigin Nano

Last edited:

squag

Dec 5, 2014
CA, USA
I have read about this problem, but I don't understand it. I have been using nothing but my subtank mini since day one. No connection issues at all. Why is this a problem for some, but not for others? Is the QC breakdown in VS or Kangertech?

For me, the resistance will sometimes trend up. It goes back to normal by removing the subtank mini and putting it back on. I think the issue is the contact between the coil head and the center pin on the Subtank mini. The center pin has a spongy insulator that can allow the center pin to shift away from the coil head. The spring loaded center pin on the VS may not provide enough force to keep the connection solid.

That is the theory. It could also be a problem with coil head connections to the nickel wire. Anyway, the problem does not occur all the time. In fact, it's rather rare. I just hate waiting the 10 min or so to let the atty cool down to get a good base reading.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Aren't the smaller screen rDNAs they are selling at "scratch" discount the ones that had most of the issues?

I have a small screen version that works great. If I remember correctly, there was a bad batch of small screens that had a known connection issue in the display card. I think it's even in the evolve manual. My impression was that the bad small screens were an older version and it's since been corrected. At least that's what I think I heard. Also, the small screen version is used by multiple mod manufacturers.

On the other hand, I haven't heard a cause for the large screen version issues. And if I recall correctly, the large screen version is only used by VaporShark. Which means many fewer have been produced.

At least that's my logic.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Alright so I got my small screen rDNA40 and it is working great but since I do not have any ni-200 yet I suppose I will have to reserve judgment as my understanding is that when it is in TP mode is when the screen issues occur correct? So I ordered some 28g and 30g ni-200 along with some pre-built aspire heads so I can test the TP on all fronts.

That is a new listing as it is 10.00 cheaper and there was no mention of scratch and dent with the other one.

I wonder if the warranty is altered with that version. I am thinking that they are probably the refurb units, and the rDNA40 small screen will probably meet the same fate that the rDNA30 has met with it not being offered on the site. Which is a shame because the rDNA30 was a really well working mod from my experience.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I emailed Evolv regarding the scrabbling issue with the Large screen rDNA I recently purchased. Brandon replied back that it looks like there were a couple batches of boards sent out with the problem. He said they think they have it solved, but advised to wait a few weeks before returning it to VS for repair.

Pretty much what I figured, but it would be really nice if they would make some announcements, on their website perhaps, to keep people updated. Just progress updates so people know it is worth sending the mods back for repair.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I emailed Evolv regarding the scrabbling issue with the Large screen rDNA I recently purchased. Brandon replied back that it looks like there were a couple batches of boards sent out with the problem. He said they think they have it solved, but advised to wait a few weeks before returning it to VS for repair.

Pretty much what I figured, but it would be really nice if they would make some announcements, on their website perhaps, to keep people updated. Just progress updates so people know it is worth sending the mods back for repair.

Mine was born on 1-19 and had the issue. Good to hear they have it sorted. I'll send mine in after a few weeks then. Probably after my xvostick arrives. Can't imagine being without temp control.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States

This is very upsetting. I'm assuming most of late January builds are affected.. I'll receive mine in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread