VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Mist I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances. I'm in very similar ones. And I do wish it could be as you said....but the thing is....no vendor can check all the products. It's just not possible. I am not one to roll over and just take things, but no one can check all the ce3s in a pack to make sure they work......no one can test all the vivi heads to make sure they work.... etc. I might be wrong, but I seriously doubt that any vendors are getting rich, maybe some big ones. But I know many of the smaller ones, the folks that run them still work full time jobs to pay their bills.

It is sad that it has to be this way. In America we're used to demanding and getting quality. That is just not the case in other countries, particularly the one all this stuff comes from. Until American manufacturers decide to start producing all this stuff, and we're willing to pay the price for that (many would be), this just is the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Well said Deb:

I can assure anyone reading this thread, that GV stands behind what they sell. I have purchased a couple bad items, and GV promptly made it right. They value your business, and are dedicated to your satisfaction. They also sell the real deal.

Defective units will pop up every now and then, it cant be helped. Im sure most us have spent more money than we would like to admit in search of our "Nirvana" vape. I know I have.

Yes, I have most of the more expensive VV mods out their, but guess what I have in my hand 90% of the time? A eGo twist and a mini Vivi ..It's my holy grail. Its all about performance per dollar, GV and this rig gets "two thumbs up"

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oh, I was looking under "Contests" not the gotvapes forum suppliers section.

round 8 now. lol Sometimes it moves fast.

And I'm here to tell ya, the vMax is a beauty!!!!!! I'm loving mine :D

How did I miss this.........thought you were still mullin it over, didn't know ya got one!! Have missed seein ya the last while though, we've been on at diff times a lot. :wub:

Thanks Zip!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Its probably been asked before but since this thread has 239 pages it will be easier to ask again than read through the 2k+post. Will the heads currently on the site work with the original nova GV sold?

Yup! the heads work on any of their vivi novas, mini vivi novas, and the replaceable stardusts :)

jlinko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
Have to say it...Vivi's rock. First one is the 2.5 mini, just traded for a full size, and got 2 more minis from GV. Freaking awesome. Pbusardo above hits it on the head. Mini with the Twist @ 4.2 IS NIRVANA! If you are late to the party (like me) and haven't given these a go yet, do yourself a favor and do it! After seeing how easy these are to rebuild, I'm off to find some Kanthal since the guy that traded me the full size threw in a whole bag of wicking...sweet.

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
This is a monster thread and I've tried my best to keep up - so here's a question that I hope someone can answer and I hope this hasn't been covered too often here....I bought the original Vivi Nova and had all the problems that others experienced - I bought a Nova 2.5 and it is the best - I've heard that the original prob was with the heads and I can't see any diff between the original and the 2.5s - just watched Busardo rebuild a 2.5 and he used resistance wire (no non-resistance) and it worked great - I thought the original was a prob because the legs were firing along with the coil which was causing the burning hits - (what is diff with these newer heads?) - if someone can clear this up for me I would really appreciate it -

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I cant comment on the Head portion of your question other than they put some sort of "paper" ring around the coil. I'm sure it acts as some sort of "insulator". It could have been there on day one. I dont know. I waited on buying my first Nova until they worked the bugs out.

I do know from the threads, which I have been following since day one, the air hole on the originals were drilled on the side of the base ring, and now are located in the 510 connection stem...thats one way to tell...

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
This is a monster thread and I've tried my best to keep up - so here's a question that I hope someone can answer and I hope this hasn't been covered too often here....I bought the original Vivi Nova and had all the problems that others experienced - I bought a Nova 2.5 and it is the best - I've heard that the original prob was with the heads and I can't see any diff between the original and the 2.5s - just watched Busardo rebuild a 2.5 and he used resistance wire (no non-resistance) and it worked great - I thought the original was a prob because the legs were firing along with the coil which was causing the burning hits - (what is diff with these newer heads?) - if someone can clear this up for me I would really appreciate it -

In version 2.5 the center post is taller and the atty head is shorter. I think the burning issue was fixed with the shorter atty head.

The only type of wire you need to use with the Vivi is resistance wire .... Nichrome or Kanthal 32 awg (I use 32 awg Nichrome).

One more thing ,,, if you plan to rebuild the heads use 100% Cotton yarn for wicking material. Works much better in comparison to anything else.

Last edited:
Ok.. I have to throw my 2 cents in.

At this time I can only comment on the vivi nova version 2.5 heads.

I bought a stardust rebuild-able/replaceable a few months back. Loved the idea of replaceable parts. Ease of taking apart and reassemble. Ease of fill. BUT the flavor was awful.

Was looking for a solution to the awful flavor when I seen the vivi nova heads work with the stardust-r. Everyone was saying how the version 2.5 heads rock, and the flavor is awesome. So, instead of purchasing the whole kit, I bought one of each head. A 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohm.

Now let me also tell you that I'm using this setup of stardust-r, with the vivi nova heads on an ego twist. (Yes, I love my twist)
I have used all three heads at different volt settings, from 3.2v to 4.8v and every setting in-between.

The 1.8 and 2.4 ohm heads are my favorite. Works great in all the categories, vapor/throat hit/flavor. But the 2.8 ohm heads are a bit different. Vapor production and throat hit are ok, but for some reason the flavor is a bit funky. Maybe a burnt plastic taste. I don't know, I just know I don't like them. Bought several of the 2.8 ohm heads and they all suffer from the same problem. At least for me, others may not have this problem and love the higher ohm heads.

The second thing/problem that I ran into was leaking out of the mouth piece, and a build up of condensation inside the mouth piece.
This was an easy fix tho. The first thing I did was to take one side of the wicks and twist them into a braid. Then lay the end I just braided over the coil and then put the plastic cap back on. This solved the problem.

Now for my favorite part about the nova heads. They're rebuild-able.

There are lots of videos, and entire threads dedicated to rebuilding these things. So let me tell you a secret I've learned about rebuilding.

Don't throw away the kanthal wire that comes wrapped in the head. I've been reusing my wire. Also, I've been using cotton from a big bag of cotton balls my wife has in the closet. Makes for a real, real cheap rebuild!

When it comes time to wrapping the coil. I've been doing three wraps. Gives me about 2.0ohms (give or take). Just like I like it.

So, yes the vivi nova version 2.5 heads rock. I will be getting a mini nova soon, but I assume the nova tanks and stardust tanks work the same.

One last thing. I have never gotten a dry hit off these things. Either with the silica wicks or my cotton wicks. I also don't worry about doing the tilt-a-twirl either, and I vape every last drop with out a dry hit.

... But... you can't dry burn with cotton wicks... Which in my case, with the juices I vape most... is a deal killer

True. You have to be vary careful when you dry burn with cotton wicks.

But why would you want to dry burn them. Just toss the wick and make a new one. Reuse your wire, and have many heads lined up, wicked and ready to go.

I have ten heads in rotation right now. ( <-- that sounded sick!)

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
But why would you want to dry burn them. Just toss the wick and make a new one. Reuse your wire, and have many heads lined up, wicked and ready to go.

I have ten heads in rotation right now. ( <-- that sounded sick!)

My fav juices will usually gunk a coil up after a tankful... I'm simply too lazy to rewick/recoil that often when I can use silica wicks and dry burn nightly if I need to. ( I usually keep 3 in tanks and have about 6 already cleaned and ready to switch ) though since I got a Hyper SRT, I use my Vivi's much less

My head rotates about ten times also.... oh, that wasn't what you meant... :D

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
In version 2.5 the center post is taller and the atty head is shorter. I think the burning issue was fixed with the shorter atty head.

The only type of wire you need to use with the Vivi is resistance wire .... Nichrome or Kanthal 32 awg (I use 32 awg Nichrome).

One more thing ,,, if you plan to rebuild the heads use 100% Cotton yarn for wicking material. Works much better in comparison to anything else.
Thanks for the answers - Now I'm really confused....I put a 2.5 head on my version 1 Nova (with airholes in the base) and it worked great with no burning and tons of taste and vapor - the version 1 top cap, when screwed on, makes contact with the silicone head cover and there is no leaking (laid on it's side overnight) - the rebuild I saw just trashed that little insulator ring around the coil with no adverse effect on the finished performance - without taking the original heads apart I can see no difference next to the 2.5 and they are exactly the same size - all 3 of the original heads burned my throat so maybe the only way to solve the mystery will be to rebuild them down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread