VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Gotta laugh.....Pfloozieville. Only one Pf-ville I know of in Texas and I'm bettin' your on the north side of Austin ;) Used to live out by the new high school, many years ago when it was just farm land and lots of dirt roads!

:D I live about 10 seconds from Hendrickson in an upper middle class neighborhood. 1 minute down the road is a zebra farm.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Good. I look forward to your report. BTW, I am assuming you have vaped before (with a clearomizer)? If not, we can help you with that right now if you need it. Otherwise, vape away and enjoy.

Nope, never used a clearmozier. My girl has a stardust on her Twists, but I don't have any experience with it.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I read this entire thread. I'm glad I waited to order a VN. It should be in my mail box today or tomorrow. Thanks to all the early adopters that came here to share their experiences and try to get to the bottom of the problems with the early versions. This is my first order from GV. I have absolutely no previous experience with this company. Mr Badkolo impressed me with his effort to communicate with customers to help get the issues with this thing fixed. I have high hopes for the VN. If I end up liking this setup, GV seems like a great place to buy the equipment.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Personally, as far as top coils I think the Smok Titan delivers better flavor than the vivi nova. The mini is a bit better than the regular size but both trail the Titan to me. To be perfectly honest I am not overly fond of any of the top coils since the Phoenix bottom coils came out. I'll be surprised if anything comes out in the near future that makes me bump them from my number one spot.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Personally, as far as top coils I think the Smok Titan delivers better flavor than the vivi nova. The mini is a bit better than the regular size but both trail the Titan to me. To be perfectly honest I am not overly fond of any of the top coils since the Phoenix bottom coils came out. I'll be surprised if anything comes out in the near future that makes me bump them from my number one spot.

Trust Wally on ths one........:)

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana

The Phoenix are on my list to try as well.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
:D I live about 10 seconds from Hendrickson in an upper middle class neighborhood. 1 minute down the road is a zebra farm.

Must be in Blackhawk then :) I lived in Cele, don't blink! Of course it was popular for the movies and some of the best bbq around! This was before Blackhawk was ever imagined. Back in the days of drag racing down Kelly Lane, wow the memories! Zebra farm, haha, that's cool. Used to be a deer farm on the corner of Hodde and Rowe. Gosh, memories of the Hodde house and Jake's Hill. It's grown up so much out there!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nope, never used a clearmozier. My girl has a stardust on her Twists, but I don't have any experience with it.

Well then your girlfriend can break you in on getting started with your Vivi (unless your fighting or getting the silent treatment).

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

Well then your girlfriend can break you in on getting started with your Vivi (unless your fighting or getting the silent treatment).

There really isn't anything much to teach... it is just a matter of developing the habit to keep the wicks wet by keeping your PV tilted. I like to keep the juice just up to where the wicks enter the head for best flavor.

Cotton: Wouldn't cotton balls have too many loose fibers to make a good wick? And how do you do it? Thread the cotton through an existing wick, or do you curl your own wire to make a new wick?

I rip and pull a strand of cotton fiber off of the cotton ball. Then I try to pull and stretch untill I get an even-ish piece that's starting to look like a wick. Then, I roll that piece with my fingers, making it skinnier and skinnier. Then I roll it between my palms of my hands making it really skinny. Once I got it looking like one of the silica wicks that come with the nova, I use a small drill bit to help rewrap my coil.

<Looks over at her bag of J&J Cotton Balls> So, I can just twist up some cotton? I just got in some wire, wick isn't here yet. Plenty of heads to play with <evil snicker>.

Which actually leads me to wonder....what about just plan ol cotton, like off the plant unbleached the way nature gives it to us cotton? Come spring the fields around here are white with cotton fields. I could gather a trash bag worth of cotton just from left overs after plowing and be set for life!

I guess you can't get any closer to 100% pure cotton, then to pick it off the plant yourself. I boil my cotton for a few minutes.

I learned a lot from this thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html
It's massive, but has good info. If anyone would like to ask me more questions about how I rebuild my coils please P.M. me. I want to keep this thread about the vivi nova and how it's built from the factory.

So far things have been mostly peachy with my Vivi. After enjoying a couple tanks with the stock 2.4 head, I decided to switch it out for the 1.8 head. Since the juice I use (SV101 from SmartVapes) is pretty thick with even low VG content, and I've read that cutting the wiicks down may provide better vapor, I decided to trim them down a tad. I also cut a couple notches in the silicon cap per Phils video so it doesn't pinch the wicks. Now all I'm getting is problems. I can't carry the device with me all day and have it NOT leak from the 510 connection. What's more is that if I chain vape a bit, I end up with a tank full of vapor. I'll try to grab a pic if anyone wants to see.

All in all, I'm hoping to get this thing to work. I've got phoenixes lying about full of juice because they taste like nards on the second fill. Finding juice flavors has never been an issue for me, but finding gear that'll keep working and still taste good is something that has eluded me from day one in vaping.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So far things have been mostly peachy with my Vivi. After enjoying a couple tanks with the stock 2.4 head, I decided to switch it out for the 1.8 head. Since the juice I use (SV101 from SmartVapes) is pretty thick with even low VG content, and I've read that cutting the wiicks down may provide better vapor, I decided to trim them down a tad. I also cut a couple notches in the silicon cap per Phils video so it doesn't pinch the wicks. Now all I'm getting is problems. I can't carry the device with me all day and have it NOT leak from the 510 connection. What's more is that if I chain vape a bit, I end up with a tank full of vapor. I'll try to grab a pic if anyone wants to see.

All in all, I'm hoping to get this thing to work. I've got phoenixes lying about full of juice because they taste like nards on the second fill. Finding juice flavors has never been an issue for me, but finding gear that'll keep working and still taste good is something that has eluded me from day one in vaping.

I don't think cutting the wicks provides better vapor on certain juices... it provides better or perhaps I should just say more flavor.

The trimming you did on the silicone cap is the most likely cause of the leaks... that is only for when you aren't getting wicking to start with when you properly tilt the PV so juice is getting to the wicks right... so you caused the leak issues yourself.... it is overwicking now. ( Unless you just didn't get the heads screwed on tight, which is also a cause of this )

vdice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
new jersey

try this from above post. works like a charm. make it just fit the slots u made

"I rip and pull a strand of cotton fiber off of the cotton ball. Then I try to pull and stretch untill I get an even-ish piece that's starting to look like a wick. Then, I roll that piece with my fingers, making it skinnier and skinnier. Then I roll it between my palms of my hands making it really skinny. Once I got it looking like one of the silica wicks that come with the nova, I use a small drill bit to help rewrap my coil."

put it on TOP of your wick, just about an inch long

I don't think cutting the wicks provides better vapor on certain juices... it provides better or perhaps I should just say more flavor.

The trimming you did on the silicone cap is the most likely cause of the leaks... that is only for when you aren't getting wicking to start with when you properly tilt the PV so juice is getting to the wicks right... so you caused the leak issues yourself.... it is overwicking now. ( Unless you just didn't get the heads screwed on tight, which is also a cause of this )
I figured that had something to do with it. I wasn't really getting a great amt of flavor, so thats what got me doing it in the first place. I'm gonna let these heads run their course and see how I feel about the device then.

vdice, I'll try that next time I use that head.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Must be in Blackhawk then :) I lived in Cele, don't blink! Of course it was popular for the movies and some of the best bbq around! This was before Blackhawk was ever imagined. Back in the days of drag racing down Kelly Lane, wow the memories! Zebra farm, haha, that's cool. Used to be a deer farm on the corner of Hodde and Rowe. Gosh, memories of the Hodde house and Jake's Hill. It's grown up so much out there!!

Ya that's the same farm. They now have deers, zebras, and what appears to be miniature buffalo. I love Cele BBQ. They're only open on weekends now though and you have to make a reservation, so we haven't been in a while.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I must say I am pleasantly surprised with the nova. My favorite liquid is Ecopure Rich and I couldn't get the stardust to wick it consistently. I haven't had a a dry hit from this thing and I'm almost completely through my first tank. I'm not sure I understand why, since the internals look very similar to the stardust.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I must say I am pleasantly surprised with the nova. My favorite liquid is Ecopure Rich and I couldn't get the stardust to wick it consistently. I haven't had a a dry hit from this thing and I'm almost completely through my first tank. I'm not sure I understand why, since the internals look very similar to the stardust.

I find that trying to figure anything out with this hobby is a detriment. Approach it like an ocean. When the surf's up, grab your board and enjoy the ride.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I find that trying to figure anything out with this hobby is a detriment. Approach it like an ocean. When the surf's up, grab your board and enjoy the ride.

I think you're right about that. I don't plan on analyzing it any further. I've been using cartos for a year and I'm completely blown away by how clean the flavor is on this thing. I have a really nice phiniac on the way and I'm afraid its not going to get very much use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread