VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
I know I am entering this conversation a little late but I have been gone for a while and I apologize

I have ten heads in rotation right now. ( <-- that sounded sick!)
that was AWESOME..... Hi I am srt nice to meet you

Vendors need to relay dissatisfaction to manufacturers. If quality control isn't improved, stop carrying their products. This is part of being a responsible vendor. Stand behind your products and provide replacements/refunds to customers for defective items and get a refund from the manufacturer. There's no reason why China can't put in place quality controls. We need to stop racing to the bottom.

for the record GV is known for relaying those comments to manufacturers and even cutting off business from them if they refuse to work to resolve the issue. I do understand the iritation however. I am srt nice to meet you.

I am actually XsmokingRT and I approve this message:evil:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I am actually XsmokingRT and I approve this message:evil:
Approved.gif
I am actually AG51 and Thank You For Your Cooperations In Dis Matter :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
While the differences in the v1 and v2.5 heads is slight... it is certainly there and required that I raise the silicone tube in order that I close the gap when using a v2.5 head on a v1 body. I noticed the v2.5 head improved the flavor considerably on the v1 body... but not as much as using an all v2.5 setup ( head and body )

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
In version 2.5 the center post is taller and the atty head is shorter. I think the burning issue was fixed with the shorter atty head.

The only type of wire you need to use with the Vivi is resistance wire .... Nichrome or Kanthal 32 awg (I use 32 awg Nichrome).

One more thing ,,, if you plan to rebuild the heads use 100% Cotton yarn for wicking material. Works much better in comparison to anything else.

I went to Walmart and checked out there 100% cotton yarn. One was 100% mercerized cotton ,made in Hungary . The other just said 100% USA grown cotton worsted . Both white . My question is , will this work and do I need to boil it first or anything.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I went to Walmart and checked out there 100% cotton yarn. One was 100% mercerized cotton ,made in Hungary . The other just said 100% USA grown cotton worsted . Both white . My question is , will this work and do I need to boil it first or anything.

I don't do this stuff, but from what I've been reading in various threads you don't want mercerized.

And always boil it... whatever you get

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Also, I've been using cotton from a big bag of cotton balls my wife has in the closet. Makes for a real, real cheap rebuild!

<Looks over at her bag of J&J Cotton Balls> So, I can just twist up some cotton? I just got in some wire, wick isn't here yet. Plenty of heads to play with <evil snicker>.

Which actually leads me to wonder....what about just plan ol cotton, like off the plant unbleached the way nature gives it to us cotton? Come spring the fields around here are white with cotton fields. I could gather a trash bag worth of cotton just from left overs after plowing and be set for life!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
<Looks over at her bag of J&J Cotton Balls> So, I can just twist up some cotton? I just got in some wire, wick isn't here yet. Plenty of heads to play with <evil snicker>.

Which actually leads me to wonder....what about just plan ol cotton, like off the plant unbleached the way nature gives it to us cotton? Come spring the fields around here are white with cotton fields. I could gather a trash bag worth of cotton just from left overs after plowing and be set for life!

Better know for sure before you pump it in your lungs. I suspect I speak for most on this forum...we'd like you around for awhile.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I wouldn't trust cotton balls in a bag, and surely wouldn't trust a cotton plant. Don't wanna vape a boll weevil lol Everyone says always boil everything and it makes good sense. I know some have been using sterile cotton rolls they get at CVS who seems to be about the only somebody who carries em

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Better know for sure before you pump it in your lungs. I suspect I speak for most on this forum...we'd like you around for awhile.

Thanks, Bronze! Now that those analogs are in my past, I think that is quite the possibility :)

I wouldn't trust cotton balls in a bag, and surely wouldn't trust a cotton plant. Don't wanna vape a boll weevil lol Everyone says always boil everything and it makes good sense. I know some have been using sterile cotton rolls they get at CVS who seems to be about the only somebody who carries em

I'm not really wanting to trust the balls in a bag either. I may dabble with them (boiled of course) until I can get some organic ones (still boiling). The bag says 100% pure natural, but I'm no fool. Even the organic ones are processed with hydrogen peroxide. My thinking is to grow my own cotton plants. The fields are sprayed with defoliator not to mention fertilizers and pesticides. I grew my own tobacco last year. Only three plants to test the waters. Would have had 24 plants this year had hubby not gone and had the heart attack during the hottest week we had. Without my attention, all 24 plants deader than a door nail! Course the heart attack led to vaping, so all is good, LOL. Anyway, I would then know that the cotton is 100% organic! Of course I would have to clean out the boll weevils.... :lol:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
LOL They're pretty easy to use and clean. If you think the flavor is too muted you can trim the wicks to about 1/2" long and try that, but you'll have to tilt more often to keep the wicks wet and juice flowing. Since I've seen you over on the ZMax subforum, Id recommend you order some of the 3.2ohm heads :) If you have any questions when you get them, come on back, someone will come up with answers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread