Status
Not open for further replies.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I just got mine in. I took off the head that came with it before filling and used the head that is the one on the top right, Whichever ohm that is and filled with Blend4 avejuice 100vg. Cut it down just a bit with some pg. Seems to be wicking well so far and no dry hits yet. Using about 3.7 volts up to 4v.. Flavor is a bit muted but I still get taste. Blend4 is pretty strong stuff though.. lol

So far I like the tank. will go thru the heads and hope all is well with them. nice tank and packaged real nice.

johnsnhu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Londonderry, NH
Yes I was I havent done it yet on the other two yet ,but is has helped the 2.4 head.

I cut 3 of the 4 wicks down... Left 1 hanging so I didn't have to tip the thing to wick it, and it works great! The flavor has started to taste better... Call me crazy, but I think there was just TOO much juice getting to the coil... just my :2c:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I'm still getting a plasticky flavor from these. I don't know why. Same flavor I got from a Stardust I tried at a meet up a couple of weeks ago. It's almost like the wicking material has to break in. I tried washing a head and dry burning the coil so I'll get that one running and see if it helps. I sure hope the flavor improves because I really want to like these!

Who-Dat'

Mar 24, 2012
South Louisiana
I'm still getting a plasticky flavor from these. I don't know why. Same flavor I got from a Stardust I tried at a meet up a couple of weeks ago. It's almost like the wicking material has to break in. I tried washing a head and dry burning the coil so I'll get that one running and see if it helps. I sure hope the flavor improves because I really want to like these!

I'm having the same problem. It just doesn't taste good. I'm hope that it will get better after it breaks in, might have to cut down wicks like Chris says and give that a try.

johnsnhu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Londonderry, NH
if thats the case then its what ive been saying, the wicks where meant to be short for a reason.
people have even stated already that long wicked stardusts didnt work with their juice as well as the short wicked version, and vice versa for some juices but the majority work better with the shorter wick.

:) my flavor is getting better and better... just in the past 30 mins...

johnsnhu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Londonderry, NH
I'm having the same problem. It just doesn't taste good. I'm hope that it will get better after it breaks in, might have to cut down wicks like Chris says and give that a try.

before I put juice in the tank, I took the the tank off, and dropped a bit of juice in the coil, and burned that dry, no plastic taste for me...

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
very good to know...i just got mine in the mail and the flavor was there but much reduced...hits a bit airy and too cool on the 2.4 with an ego knockoff...but lots of vapor...i like how the pin is already way down below the threads on the connection..works great on the knockoff when many other things don't.

Ive noticed the breaking in as well so im sure its going to be better on the second tank...gonna try cutting the wicks for more flavor..thanks for the advice

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I did remove the juice after getting something like a plastic taste also and rinsed it out good and dried wicks. cut them to about the sides of the tank on length and all is good now. Im using the 1.6 at 3.7v. Flavor is pretty good and th is there. I like it so far. I would suggest to do what John said and drip a couple of drops of juice on the coil and do a real short pulsed dry burn before filling.. Or rinsing out first like I did and dry off your wicks.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Plastic taste is completely gone after rinsing the coil in hot water, drying it and doing a dry burn until the coils glow red. Pretty much the same thing I used to do to the old CE2's. Juice flavor is better and it's producing tons of vapor. TH is on the weak side but CE2 style coils always have been. I guess that's just what I'll do with every new coil used.

johnsnhu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Londonderry, NH
Don't know why, but on my 2.4ohm coil i could not suck any air at all. Thats the only one to do that so far, but no sure why. Anybody have any ideas?

Can you see anything obstruction the air flow tube? maybe something that got stuck in there from the manufacturing process?

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
Through half a tank of 60/40 pg/vg using the 2.8 on the Provari at 4.2 - 4.6 and so far is vaping really well. Taste is a little different from the Stardust, but not much. Great vapor and TH as well. So far no major issues or complaints. No modding yet, str8 out of the box. Taste getting better the more it Vapes. Doesn't do well on the eGo though.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
The Vivi Nova I received is working great and I've not even got it "broken in" yet... I'm getting good vapor production using a 80/20 PG/VG mix... I didn't fill it past the 2.8ml line and I did let it set for a while before I started vaping... probably 20ish minutes ( long enough to eat supper ). I"m using the 2.4 ohm head atm.

The pin on the bottom of the 510 is sticking down a little too far... close to a 1/16" or so... I'll likely file it down later so it sits into the threads better.

Randy

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
The pin on the bottom of the 510 is sticking down a little too far... close to a 1/16" or so... I'll likely file it down later so it sits into the threads better.

Randy

I took my dremel with a barrel sanding drum and took it down 1/16 and then filed it smooth and it is less wobbly now. still has some but it doesnt bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread