VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
So far so good on my end. I was wondering why the throat hit was lackin until I realized I filled it with 10 mg.. oops. Flavor is ok but not as good as the same exact juice in a stardust. Im thinking that will improve just like the SD did.

Did anyone else find it too airy or was that just me ? Whatev.... Im sitting in a cloud so I cant complain... all good

Thumbs up on the ViVi

The pheonix on the other hand... while it delivers thick plumes of vapor, I'm not getting any flavor. Can anyone explain that one ? Tried dry hitting like a champ till it gurgled a bit... still very very little flavor. Cant say Im a big fan of having to use needles to fill. I think I'm just spoiled by the no fuss no mussness of the Vision Clearos which my first experience of a good vape.

I am however vaping a brand new bottle of 12mg GV Cafe De Creme that came with the order. I have no clue what the pg/vg is. Does this juice need to steep a while ? Im still a little shaky on the whole steeping thing to bring out that flavor but thats for another thread

( unless someone who knows their chit wants to do me a flavor & shed some light on that.... Im all ears )

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
I don't understand why people are trimming the wicks. How does this help? Does anyone have a picture of how they trimmed the wicks? I received mine today and started with the 2.4 Ohm head using an 80/20 PG/VG juice. At first I couldn't believe the flavor and the amount of vapor I was getting! Also the hit was perfect for me. I don't like a ton of throat hit, so the nice cool hit was refreshing for me. I filled it right to the 2.8 ml mark. I did have some problems at first getting it to thread onto my Ego battery, but I used a thread chaser to clean the threads up a little bit. That solved that issue. I am about halfway through my first tank, and now the taste is changing completely. It is harsh, flavorless, and uncomfortable to hit all of a sudden. I didn't change anything. All I have been doing is using it.

I don't understand why you would trim the wick. It seems to me if you have short wick how are your going to get the juice at the bottom of the tank? I love the idea of this tank, and I am determined to make this thing work. I love the modular design of it, it doesn't leak not one drop, and I haven't had one damn gurgle sound. What happened to my flavor though? I see people saying that it tastes bad right from the start, but mine didn't! I was bragging this thing left and right to everyone I know!!! Now I have to tinker.(I don't mind that, but I am not sure what to do being such a new product.)

So if someone could please explain, and hopefully show cutting the wick I would be greatly appreciative.

PS...Also what do you mean by breaking it in? I haven't heard that one before with the cartos, and Ego tanks I have used. I just wanted a tank that actually works. This by far has the best potential to be so many things.

Thanks y'all for listening.

Last edited:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
@ WindLvr:

According to Chris, it wicks better with the wicks trimmed so that they just touch the walls of the tank - like in the Stardust. All I can say is that the Stardust works great for me, so there must be something to that. :)

Breaking in means (according to Chris, again), that the coil tightens around the wick, and thus the wicking and the taste improve. Basically, the thingamagig is supposed to improve with use. Different configurations take different amount of time. This one seems to take awhile.

In your case, I don't really know what happened - but it sounds like now you are having the same wicking problem some of us had in the beginning.

All I can tell you is what happened with me: with VG juice no trimming or anything else helped me sufficiently; with thinner juice no tinkering was necessary.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
The Vivi Nova I received is working great and I've not even got it "broken in" yet... I'm getting good vapor production using a 80/20 PG/VG mix... I didn't fill it past the 2.8ml line and I did let it set for a while before I started vaping... probably 20ish minutes ( long enough to eat supper ). I"m using the 2.4 ohm head atm.

The pin on the bottom of the 510 is sticking down a little too far... close to a 1/16" or so... I'll likely file it down later so it sits into the threads better.

Randy

Randy, I had the same problem and the tank would not thread onto the battery - try this:
1. Remove top and tank tube
2. remove atty head
3. mount base onto battery - check that it threaded properly
4. mount atty head and quick dry burn to insure connection
5. remount tank tube, fill, and mount top.

Teach

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
So is this something I can't chainvape with? It seems the more I hit it the worse the taste gets. I let it sit for a little while and come back to it, and it tastes good again. If I trim the wick so it just touches the outside of the tank how does the juice at the very bottom get used up? Do I have to constantly being tipping it on it's side to get more juice to wick? Also, I haven't seem to be able to find a video about setting it up as far as the dry burning, trimming the wick, cleaning, and what not? Do you know of any?

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
So is this something I can't chainvape with? It seems the more I hit it the worse the taste gets. I let it sit for a little while and come back to it, and it tastes good again. If I trim the wick so it just touches the outside of the tank how does the juice at the very bottom get used up? Do I have to constantly being tipping it on it's side to get more juice to wick? Also, I haven't seem to be able to find a video about setting it up as far as the dry burning, trimming the wick, cleaning, and what not? Do you know of any?

I'm using 100%vg (thin with a little PGA) and chain vaping without problem. It does sound like you’re getting dry hits through.

I went through a 'bad taste' phase - pored the juice into a bottle, rinsed thoroughly, then reloaded. Not perfect flavor yet, but certainly not something to toss.

If you trim the wick, you’ll need to dip the tank to get the juice to the wick.

I don’t think anyone has had them long enough to do a video… time will come.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Im pretty sure that the only video to date is of Chris introducing the product and showing its basic parts and peices. This thread is the intial reviews and thoughts based on the first batch of orders chris sent out the other day. Give it a week or so and there is bound to be a full review / tweak video.

As for chain vaping it... I clipped the wicks before I even put juice in it and have been hitting on it non stop for the last hour or Havent had a lame hit yet.... its getting better as we speak but as I said, I do get batter flavor from the same juice on the stardust. Yes, Im tilting it between draws when the juice gets low but Im used to that with the vision / stardust so its second nature.

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I was going to order, but all the Atomizer Heads are out of stock.

Will there be a post here when they are back in stock? And is there an ETA?

RodeoGeorge

Howdy to you! We met at the Phoenix Vape meet this week. :).

The atomizer refills should be in any day (they are not out of stock...they have not yet arrived for the first time). Each one comes with 3 atomizers - one of each OHM to try. It is my understanding the refills and the metal sleeves should be in stock soon!

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I've been on this tank for the whole day... I like it! The Vivi Nova is one well thought out little tank. The design of mounting the base and having a replaceable atty head is great and is a beautiful demonstration of a modular atty design permitting the user to replace the bad part, not toss the whole atty.

I think I'll keep mine!

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Okay here is my update on the VIVI Nova. Its been a few days now (4 tanks) and I can say that my rating has lowered tremendously. Hate to say it but its honest. Juice flavors are suffering. Vapor production never changes with diff voltages unless its too full and you crank it up. The draw is too open. I used it exclusively for 2 days and vape a lot less now. My face hurts from the open draw. I Like the VS3 a whole lot better and will not be buying anymore VIVI Novas. New rating is 3.5 out of a 10 only cause it did not crack. By the way. The VS3 innards do fit in the Improved Nova tanks. So its not a total loss for me. Vision quit making the VS3 so im done with them otherwise. Sorry guys, wish I had better news. This just does not do it for me. Cool, arry, bland flavor, and no TH.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
I'm sorry to say, that i am not impressed at all by first impressions, i get vapor, and th... but i dont taste the juice at all, and there is a nasty taste that i do get... i used a juice that i have vaped about 90 mls of so i know what its supposed to taste like. im very disapointed so far

and as the person above me said, changing my volts does not seem to change vapor production at all, and for me makes that weird terrible sickening flavor even worse... i dont know if this is some kind of break in period, but if it is its the worst break in period i have ever found.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
Well... i found out what was wrong with my vivi nova... i took it and decided to clean it under warm water, and dry burn it like someone else said to do... the coils that are around the wick do not heat up... its like they are no resistance coil there or something, but underneath the wicks 2 small spots on the coil do heat up... stuck the 2.8 ohm coil onto my tank, and tested the coils, and they heat up like they are supposed to.

Bassically, my 2.4 ohm coil is DOA.

Seems like my 2.8 ohm coil, is 3.1 ohm... i twisted the wicks to loosen them up a little, put juice directly on the wick, and burned it till it dried, repeated the soak and burn about 10 times, then put it into the tank, filled it up and cranked it up to 6 volts, and it seems to work well, flavor still isnt the best but 10 dry burns is by no means "broken in" and that weird taste i had with the 2.4 ohm one is almost non existant in the "2.8" (3.1 ohm) coil

my thoughts are that its not worth the hassle to me, just buy a 3 ml bottom coil phoenix, you wont be disapointed... the phoenix i tried is the best flavor, vapor, and th i have gotten out of a clearo since i started vaping... and it was that way straight out of the box for me

Last edited:

christopher6046

Mar 13, 2012
new york
I have to agree with the last two posts. I ve been vaping the same liquid for a month. With the 2.8....I m getting a strange taste, which I don t get when using my vision (stardust). I looked at the video on youtube, and it said there is a break in period. But now after reading these reviews, I feel cheated......I bought 2 of these tanks. Ohh man, I hope they will work better!!!

Paulie P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
USA
You guys are killing me. I just got one of these, a box of the new Fluxo's and the new bottom coil clearo's yesterday in the mail. I was excited to try the ViVi until I started reading the reviews last night. Why do we continue to fall for these overhyped, underperforming duds from these guys? I guess I will do a little more research on how to use this thing before trying it out. I hate to admit it, but I'm not as hopeful as I was when I ordered it last wk.

Why is it so hard to make a good product that works as promised without having to fiddle around with it? I HATE buying something that I have to alter just to make it work halfway deciently. I hope these work because I don't need the dissappointment.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Hm. This is beginning to sound more and more like a first-run QC issue, maybe? Like I said, two of my coils are reading way off, resistance-wise, and one of them was the one I couldn't get to work no matter what. So I'm going to wash it and dry burn it as see if it lights up right. If it doesn't, then both the high res issue and the not-working-right issue would be clear. It would also explain the inconsistencies: some people having a really good experience with it, and some not so much.

My second head (2.8) is working good with thinner juice - it reads 3.2 ohms. The taste has improved from the initial tastelessness, but it's meh... I mean, I can taste what it is, and it doesn't send me running to something else, but I wish it was stronger.

The third head (1.8?) measured pretty much on the nose, but I haven't tried it yet because I can't find the box - in the frenzy of tweaking the unit, I misplaced it. Will find it eventually... But I don't do LR, so that's not really my cup of tea anyway. I suspect even at 3.3 V it wouldn't taste right to me, so it's kinda pointless.

What I'm going to do is order some more heads as soon as the tubes show up, so I can order both. Like 10 of them. All SR. And see what happens statistically. Would order a 100 if I could afford it.

I'd like to make a strong point here: IMO, this is still a great design. There is no reason, from the engineering perspective, that it shouldn't work, and work well. The tank design is great. I think the problem is in the execution somewhere. Nothing else makes sense so far. And the good news about it is that it's easily fixed.

I have faith in this product and in the GV. It has too much promise, to give up on it at such an early date. I'll keep trying with different heads, and if the whole batch is not right, I'll wait for the second batch of heads.

And I, for one, *do not* resent being a test case. This is what always happens with new technologies. You can't predict everything that happens in the real world, and you can't test every item. If there is an engineering boo-boo somewhere, or a problem with the manufacturing setup, the first batch is where it's usually discovered. That's normal reality of transitioning from testing to production. If folks don't like that, then they shouldn't buy the first batch items, they should wait until the initial wrinkes are ironed out. I rarely see a carto that works great at first production run.

One exception, for me: Stardust. Stardust was *great* on the first run. Then they tinkered with it, and the greatness slipped a bit: the taste is not quite what it was originally (some people are actually complaining about a muted taste - something *no-one* said about the first run), the tubes are too tight on the base (and developed fractures - not sure about these latest colored tubes yet), the resistance is off way too often, and the draw is less consistent. I wasn't going to say anything about it, hoping that it will get ironed out, but I am wondering if the problem is somewhere on the same production line as with the ViVi. They are the same heads, after all. And the problems seem similar, though they are not as pronounced in the Stardust.

Bottom line: don't rush to judgement. It seems like a great product that just needs to be "ironed". :) GV and the manufacturer are responsive to feedback - let's give them a chance to address this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread