VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Interestingly, I had no problem with wobbling - it fit into both Provari and eGo just fine.

I don't think I'll ever put straight VG into it ever again, though - my mouth still smarts from all the dry hits, and I can't taste much of anything. Which makes any comments on how it tastes now more or less useless. :D

But so far it's working well with the PG-ish (70/30, I think) juice. I think I can even detect some blueberry cheesecake. I'll have to check again when my taste buds recover.

P.S. Which is OK, actually. I was planning to use a bit more PG in my juices anyway. VG was getting a bit cloying. And I'm tired of always being paranoid about wicking.

Last edited:

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Still on the stock form 2.4.
Had to make a short notice road trip tonight and won't be back home for another 5 hours or so, didn't get time to try changing heads or cutting the wicks.
Be vamping it the whole time though.
Flavor has opened up a little most of the way through the second tank.
Still muted enough that I will try cutting the wicks though.
Def running strong, if I can get the flavor there this will be very solid..

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I took my dremel with a barrel sanding drum and took it down 1/16 and then filed it smooth and it is less wobbly now. still has some but it doesnt bother me.

I was thinking of something like that already... but first I'm going to enjoy the vape till empty ( at least )

Randy

edit.... Didn't wait long... sanded down with dremel and it is much more stable.

Last edited:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I'm still getting a plasticky flavor from these. I don't know why. Same flavor I got from a Stardust I tried at a meet up a couple of weeks ago. It's almost like the wicking material has to break in. I tried washing a head and dry burning the coil so I'll get that one running and see if it helps. I sure hope the flavor improves because I really want to like these!

I'm having the same problem. It just doesn't taste good. I'm hope that it will get better after it breaks in, might have to cut down wicks like Chris says and give that a try.

I did remove the juice after getting something like a plastic taste also and rinsed it out good and dried wicks. cut them to about the sides of the tank on length and all is good now. Im using the 1.6 at 3.7v. Flavor is pretty good and th is there. I like it so far. I would suggest to do what John said and drip a couple of drops of juice on the coil and do a real short pulsed dry burn before filling.. Or rinsing out first like I did and dry off your wicks.

Yep. I'm getting the same rubber/plastic taste as I get from new Stardust. The only problem is, I know what causes this nasty taste and how to correct it on the Stardust, not so with these things. I don't see any rubber/silicon ring down below the coil so that can't be what is causing it.

I filled and tried vapping the 2.4ohm (2.7ohm on Provari) head right out of the box (like we should be able to do for $20) but had to dump my juice out after about an hour cause I just couldn't stand it any more. I then washed it, dried the wicks and dry burned. I let the top push the cup seal down when I put it back together and made sure it wasn't pinching the wicks. Didn't help one bit, still nasty tasting rubber.

I'm going to try cutting down the wicks like others have. Wick length has nothing to do with a rubber taste, but what the hell... I'm desperate to make this thing work.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Started with the 2.4.... rinsed the entire thing first.. dried the wicks, trimmed em back to the sides of the tank and gave em a dry burn. Vaped about a mil and it was semi muted. Too airy on the draw.. Plugged one of the air holes with a toothpick and now it seems to be picking up. Im thinking of taking that 4th wick thats just laying on top of the other 3 that are wrapped by the coil ( at least on mine ) and removing it. seems like there is almost too much juice. Im vaping this 2.4 on a lavatube between 3.9 and 4.4... ish

I noticed the center pin is longer but its not really an issue

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Yep. I'm getting the same rubber/plastic taste as I get from new Stardust. The only problem is, I know what causes this nasty taste and how to correct it on the Stardust, not so with these things. I don't see any rubber/silicon ring down below the coil so that can't be what is causing it.

I filled and tried vapping the 2.4ohm (2.7ohm on Provari) head right out of the box (like we should be able to do for $20) but had to dump my juice out after about an hour cause I just couldn't stand it any more. I then washed it, dried the wicks and dry burned. I let the top push the cup seal down when I put it back together and made sure it wasn't pinching the wicks. Didn't help one bit, still nasty tasting rubber.

I'm going to try cutting down the wicks like others have. Wick length has nothing to do with a rubber taste, but what the hell... I'm desperate to make this thing work.

Vapspaz.... the coil may be off center and burning the inner edge of the boot covering the center post. I had that on a stardust.

Centered the coil and all was well..... no more burnt rubber

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I'm braiding my wicks. That should help the "straw" effect of the E2. The length of the wicks is causing them to spread too much in the juice, so trimming them down should help the wicking a bit. Braiding them will probably help the most.

I haven't read the thread, these are just my initial observations, but I am going to back-read now.

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
Finished a tank with the 2.8. Wasn't bad, did get better towards the end. Trimmed the wicks, except for the top wick that just lays on top on the 1.8. Put a couple drops of juice on coil, dry burned it out. Assembled tank, put juice (60/40 pg/vg). Let sit for about 5 mins. Put on Provari at 3.7v, and holy chit batman !!!!!! Hits like a beast !!!!!
Though the first one(no modding), hit pretty well, I feel trimming the wicks and prime, dry burn the coil, is the key here peeps. Loving the ViVi !!!!! Thanks Bad, Danno and GotVapes, you rock the house!!!!!! Oh, enjoying the Phoenix too. Haven't gotten to the 3ml version yet. Saving that until tomorrow night. Vape it till ya drop y'all !!!!!!!

Who-Dat'

Mar 24, 2012
South Louisiana
Well, I tried trimming the wicks and washing it twice. The rubber taste has subsided a bit, but it still just doesn't taste right. I don't know if it is just muted flavor or dry hits but it's getting to the point were I don't even want to vape it cause it just doesn't taste all that good. I love the idea behind this thing and it looks great on the provari but I just wish it would perform....:unsure:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Summary so far:

Good stuff:

- Pretty piece. Especially with a stainless drip tip on a silver textured Provari - so cool-ly industrial! (You know where *my* priorities are...) :D
- No leaks, putting together and taking apart as advertised - easy.
- Can fill right out of the bottle - YES!
- Quite sturdy. The first thing I did was drop the tube on the floor (accidentally), and then the dog got hold of it and mouthed it. The dog is a German Shepherd with mouth like a steel trap. No damage - had to disinfect it though.
- Wicks well with thin juices - 70-89% PG, or thereabouts. Flavor starts out muted, but gets better.
- Doesn't flood easily - even with the silicone cup *off*. Didn't need to blow it out even with all the machinations (see below).

But:

- I absolutely *could not* get it to work with 100% VG. I've tried everything: trimming the wicks, trimming the silicone cup, *removing* the silicone cup, shaking it, turning it upside down, primer draws (that worked once in a while for one puff) - no go. Basically, on all three heads, as I was adjusting voltage, either I was getting dry hits, or I was getting very little vapor and flavor (as in: am I vaping yet?). Some people don't seem to be having this problem though. I'm going to try it again on the second tank-full.

- Heads ohmage is inconsistent. One was significantly above, and one was significantly below their marked resistance. The third was pretty much on the nose. But that's really no big deal if one has a VV.

Oh, mine didn't wobble on the batts, and I didn't get any funky initial plastic taste. Just the ickiness of dry hits with the thicker juice.

That's about it, so far. And my taste-buds are coming back. :D

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Well, I tried trimming the wicks and washing it twice. The rubber taste has subsided a bit, but it still just doesn't taste right. I don't know if it is just muted flavor or dry hits but it's getting to the point were I don't even want to vape it cause it just doesn't taste all that good. I love the idea behind this thing and it looks great on the provari but I just wish it would perform....:unsure:

What's your juice? Using thinner juice made a *huge* difference for me.

Who-Dat'

Mar 24, 2012
South Louisiana
What's your juice? Using thinner juice made a *huge* difference for me.

I first tried a mixture of juice. It's pretty thin, my guess would be 70 or 80 pg. The next juice I tried is a little thicker at 50/50. I just tried cleaning it again in alcohol and dry burned it a few times. The taste is a little better, but nowhere near how good my older fluxos taste. My phoenix tastes pretty good, thought would be better taste but vapor production on it is awesome.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
I give up. Back to my good old Boge Carto Tanks. See you all again for revision #16!

Mmmm... A bit early to give up. And, then, the beauty of this pup is that the only thing they'd have to fix are the heads. The body is what it is, and it's good - nothing wrong with it so far.

And with a thinner juice, I'm sitting here chain-vaping like crazy, with no dry hits at all. And the taste is getting better. So it's not bad, not bad at all.

But, for me, it's not quite out-of-the-box-ready ready. Not yet - it will be when I can load my VG stuff and vape without fiddling, like I do with the Stardust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread