hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I kinda forgot about this thread. I bought several VT flavors. I really like the blueberry milkshake at 7% with 2-3% tfa blueberry extra. The juicy raspberry is really good too. I like it at 7-10% solo and am working on figuring out percentages to mix it with pudding base.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I kinda forgot about this thread. I bought several VT flavors. I really like the blueberry milkshake at 7% with 2-3% tfa blueberry extra. The juicy raspberry is really good too. I like it at 7-10% solo and am working on figuring out percentages to mix it with pudding base.
    @dobroeutro may be able to help with that.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    @dobroeutro may be able to help with that.

I'm not a fruit lover, but do use them as accents/companions in a variety of mixes. I have not as yet ventured into any of the VTA fruits, so really have no idea about percentages. I do have several flavored puddings aging. So far, I like the Pudding Base @ 4% with 1% Custard (INW) as the base. I generally start @ 50 - 60% complimenting flavor(s) to base. What I've mixed so far:

Chocolate Pudding
    Pudding Base (VTA) 4%
    Chocolate Chunks (WF) 2.25%
    Custard (INW) 1%
    Australian Chocolate (Hangsen) .75%
    Hazelnut (FW) .5%

Vanilla Pudding
    Pudding Base (VTA) 4%
    Vanilla Overload (Gremlin) 2%
    Custard (INW) 1%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) 1%
    Coconut (FA) .5%

Pistachio Pudding
    Pudding Base (VTA) 4%
    Pistachio (TFA) 2%
    Custard (INW) 1%
    Almond (FA) 1%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) .5%

They're still young, so the results are still out & I'll likely make adjustments... :cool:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ll be curious to hear how they turn out. I like sweet flavors but also like sour and tart flavors. I’ve been using a raspberry yogurt with quite a bit of creams. I mix all the flavors and then use it as a base to mix at 15-20%.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have discovered I hate orange. In any amount, in any proportion with ANYTHING. Lemon and lime, okay in some mixes, orange, acceptable in NONE. I even have a mimosa flavor and you'd think it would be subtle and it is. I'm still never using orange again in anything, and wondering what I might add to the mimosa to make it vapable etc. I'm thinking maybe apricot and mango those seem to be fruit flavors that fix many things for me.

Oh well, it's good to know one can give up on a flavor entirely, in way.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Tasted my VTA toffee ice cream sf (mixed the 12th) and can tell I'll be wanting a larger bottle of this one. Very good but need an added toffee boost, mixed this up before work.
    HS caramel toffee 1.5%
    FA cookie biscotto .5%
    FE oak milk 1.5%
    WF(SC) sugar cone 2%
    VTA toffee IC 3.5%

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have discovered I hate orange. In any amount, in any proportion with ANYTHING. Lemon and lime, okay in some mixes, orange, acceptable in NONE. I even have a mimosa flavor and you'd think it would be subtle and it is. I'm still never using orange again in anything, and wondering what I might add to the mimosa to make it vapable etc. I'm thinking maybe apricot and mango those seem to be fruit flavors that fix many things for me.

Oh well, it's good to know one can give up on a flavor entirely, in way.

Anna
    If you have any oranges I could use we could do a little trading maybe.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

Is the Juicy Raspberry sweet or tart or a sweet/tart combo? I have the VTA Shisa Raspberry which is very nice but am looking for a more natural raspberry.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I bought VTA Botanical Gin and VTA Tonic on the Chef's Fest promo. I have NO idea how long it will take to get them since it is rare for them to run a sale and they have the Chef's Fest in Cardiff this weekend. I chose non-tracked shipping to save a bit. Worst case, I should have them in 10 days or so.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Is the Juicy Raspberry sweet or tart or a sweet/tart combo? I have the VTA Shisa Raspberry which is very nice but am looking for a more natural raspberry.

It’s sweet and a little tart. It’s really pretty good solo too.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    It’s sweet and a little tart. It’s really pretty good solo too.

Thanks! I am working on a raspberry blend for a Raspberry Basil Sorbet, Sherbet, or Granita, whichever wins, but first I have to nail the raspberry mixture.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Does the juicy raspberry need much of a steep?

I let my tester steep for two weeks simply because I mixed all of the single flavors from the same order and put them away. I will have to mix some more and see if it’s shake and vape or not.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Has anyone tried the Devon Cream?

I have it but haven't tried it yet. It sounds like it would work well with fruit - a sweet, thick cream. I am going to try it in my raspberry concoction just to see how it fares. From the review, I think it will work well with raspberry.

r/DIY_eJuice - Vape Train Devon Cream

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread