• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha Everyone!

Thanks for the invite... I figure this place might need a little representation from the Islands (the tropical ones in the Pacific, that is), as well as another guy to bring up the tally balance a bit. So many girls girls girls! :lol:

I also want to send a special MAHALO (thank you) shout out to KATE. You were so helpful, with so much info, and so much consideration for the newbies when I first started browsing here... And you too, SPIKEY! (You are THE Video Goddess)...

In fact, this is what I wrote in another Forum thread, that most likely got very buried:

"And while I am here, I want to sincerely thank so many great people here, who have shared such a wealth of knowledge, experience and support for newbs like me. I have spent many, many hours learning, growing and enjoying the vaping experience with your help and info... I am analogue free since April 1st (I thought that an appropriate day to start, all considered...)

A special shout out to KATE, SPIKEY, RATINDAHAT, TERRAPHON, JAAX, VICKS VAP-OH-YEAH, and WALRUS, to name a few... You guys are DA BEST!"

I mean it. Big mahalo to you both, sister-friends! :thumb:

Carry on...

Aloha,
GP
\

Aloha Kona.. thanks :) That is so nice! Nice to have you here!

iggyLover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2009
San Diego
Mahalo, Stephanie! Sounds like you know a bit of the island lingo. Too good! Yep, this is a fine ohana, and I hope more people will pop in and enjoy...:rolleyes:
A hui hou,
GP

Aww, yes Kona. Half of my ohana lives on the Big Island in Hilo.
I stay for several weeks to a month when I go for a visit.
I'm missing it at the moment.:(

Kona is one Island I have not visited. I must hop over there when I go for a stay.
A hui hou.
PS the best of Hawaii, "Aloha Friday":D

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
Aww, yes Kona. Half of my ohana lives on the Big Island in Hilo.
I stay for several weeks to a month when I go for a visit.
I'm missing it at the moment.:(

Kona is one Island I have not visited. I must hop over there when I go for a stay.
A hui hou.
PS the best of Hawaii, "Aloha Friday":D

Hey, I am on the Big Island, you know... Kona Side (Hilo is on east side, Kona on west). Unless you meant another island like Kaua'i? Or maybe you meant 'one part" of the island you haven't visited?

Anyway, great to hear that you make it to the islands. It sure gets in your blood, always wanting to return... I have been here 27 years... "Polynesian Paralysis!"

Malama pono,
GP

iggyLover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2009
San Diego
Hey, I am on the Big Island, you know... Kona Side (Hilo is on east side, Kona on west). Unless you meant another island like Kaua'i? Or maybe you meant 'one part" of the island you haven't visited?

Anyway, great to hear that you make it to the islands. It sure gets in your blood, always wanting to return... I have been here 27 years... "Polynesian Paralysis!"

Malama pono,
GP

LOL, your right...I meant Kaua'i haha, excuse the brain fog!

My sister, niece and nephew live over there. I'm having a true Hawaii missing day...it's totally in my blood!

A lot of people smoke over there...Congrats on doing the e-cig thing!
How did you hear about it?

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
LOL, your right...I meant Kaua'i haha, excuse the brain fog!

My sister, niece and nephew live over there. I'm having a true Hawaii missing day...it's totally in my blood!

A lot of people smoke over there...Congrats on doing the e-cig thing!
How did you hear about it?

I hope this does not come off as a shameless plug, but if you are sorely missing the Islands, you may want to check out my website. I am a photographer. Just click below and then click on "Galleries" and browse away. I think you will like. Lots of cultural stuff, etc. There are also some "alternative" galleries in the "Other Worlds" portfolio on the main page as well... Enjoy!

http://www.gpmkona.com

Regarding the e-cigs... I quit analogues on April 1st. Was a very light smoker for the last few years (5-7 a day), then noticed the amount creeping up with stressful stuff like the economy, etc. I had hernia (double) surgery scheduled, so decided to make a clean break/habit change. After two weeks, I was still Jonesing for a ciggy so bad, even at that reduced amount, I started researching and chewing some of the gum, etc. As we all know, it ain't the same, plus I was reading about people severely hooked on the gum with two major side effects (after years of use, I guess) and that was destroyed gums (mine are already not good - teeth are fine, but hereditary gum problems)) and actual loss of hair that did not return (I am already losing mine!). Somewhere, someone mentioned e-cigs, and I found the Forum, and the rest is history. Haven't smoked since...

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Wow! This group is really growing... Welcome everyone :) I guess it's been a couple of weeks since I've visited this group. Life's kinda been crazy busy lately. Hopefully that'll change in about a week and I'll get to devote more time to my new love, all-that-is-ecig, and doing some good things for the community. I've got plans ya'll! Here's to hoping I got your back when the time comes ;)

Hey, Kona... Man, that's one cool photography site. You've got some awesome talent! I saw your avatar on the main forum the other day. Of course, I saw it... and noticed it.... and wondered.... and.... Well, never mind, lol. Great to see you here in our group. We could definitely use a few more fellas in this group :)

No offense to the ladies but I think you've got us outnumbered here and on all of ECF, lol. That actually surprised me when I first started lurking the forums back in Nov, '08. I thought surely the majority would be men. Ya, know... Electronic, gadget, new toy, etc. Most men flock to new technology like bees on honey, haha. But nope, looks like the majority of male smokers might be more of the "Marlboro Man" stereotype than I thought. "Don't want no sissy cigs" - hehe. I've been told that twice now. Once when I was smoking Eclipse cigs and once recently after I started vaping. :lol: Some people.... Funny stuff! :lol:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
Hey, Kona... Man, that's one cool photography site. You've got some awesome talent! I saw your avatar on the main forum the other day. Of course, I saw it... and noticed it.... and wondered.... and.... Well, never mind, lol. Great to see you here in our group. We could definitely use a few more fellas in this group :)

Aloha Lika,

Thanks so much for the kind comment about my work. Much appreciated.

And nice to meet you too...

Regarding my current Avatar, it is from a continuing series I do featuring Lei and human form combos... That one is called "Power," which I thought sort of appropriate for all of us here who are trying to control our lives and our habits and our health, and our rights as gay human beings as well. More Power to us!

It is also a shot of my partner, taken a few years ago. I know. I am a lucky man. He was my first and most reluctant model, my muse, my man. You can see him all over my website. The striking Hawaiian with the long hair. The one in those waterfall shots...

We will celebrate our 25th anniversary this December. Yes 25 years, and still going strong. Damn Hawaiians age more gracefully than us haoles, but I do my best to keep up and stay in shape as well...

It can be hell getting old, especially in the gay male world, but it is heaven if you are with the right person...

Guess I have just outed myself as the Daddy of the group, but hey, Daddy's can still be hot! :evil: :D:D:D

bitey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Central Ohio
Thanks for the invite. I was so pleased when I stumbled upon this group because I think we always need a sense of community. I wanted to give Kate a big "Thank You" for starting this social group, but I know she is banned again. Perhaps she'll read it anyway.

I live in Ohio and am married to a truly wonderful woman. Of course, the state of Ohio doesn't recognize our marriage so we have none of the "rights & privileges" here. We went to Canada (Vancouver, to be specific) and had a beautiful ceremony in Stanley Park. It's always nice to be in a country that actually practices Equal Protection under the Law.

I am your "typical" 58 year old flannel shirt wearing ..... I am also an attorney. Most of my clients are lgbtq folks and much of my practice revolves around protecting them and their families. Forget your image of US attorneys who make big bucks - they're in business or corporate law or have rich clients. Those of us who serve the working classes just get by some days.

I have been totally "out" since I was in my early 20's and it was scary then, but worth it not to have to deny who I was. I have been the Director of the office of GLBT Student Services at the largest university in the US, so in that sense I have been paid to be gay.

I shouldn't run on here when all I came to say was Thanks, not only for the invite, but also for being here. I'll check back in periodically and am willing to help in any way I can.

Dottie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread