Well Gollllly, this Pipe 601 sure does make me look smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
I'm right on the 2 month mark with my Pipe601. Its still vaping with satisfaction every waking-hour and I seldom break out the two back-up Pipe601s so they sit in reserve for when the Primary unit does fail in that foggy future. Up here in Chicago the cost of cigarettes have gone up in price twice since I last bought analogs some 60 days ago. Its really a great feeling to have a working alternative to just taking it on the chin whenever the tax-man wants to shake-down the smoker even more.
On a side-note, I'm sorry that your Ruyan didnt work out for you Ed. I'm glad you had a 601 for a backup but I still imagine that you got some nice thoat-hits from the Ruyan before she fizzled; I honestly believe the Pipe601 is merely a cheaper copy of the Ruyan and I'm just extremely fortunate to have such a dense-vaping and long lasting Pipe601 for a first purchase.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I'm kinda ...... - the place I bought it from won't get back with me yet.

I'm back on the 601 with one more in reserve. I switched to blue foam in the cart and no more than 10 drops loaded at a time. I load more often now, but I've got no leaking into the bowl. I've settled on a long-term juice. I'm mixing my own and real happy with it. Still no real urge to smoke again.

The 601 is working out. I can't believe that after all the hype, my Ruyan would only last a month.

Not happy in Dallas,

Ed.

thibbit

Jul 14, 2010
pa. usa
I am new to vaping and have decided not to go with a pipe style for now but may i make the suggestion of drilling a small hole in the underside of the pipe where the stem meets the bowl to create a seepage point for the moisture (location dependent upon where the components are of course). Some examples of old pipes had a sort of spit-valve as per a trumpet or trombone to combat the problem of fluid collecting in the pipe.
In theory this should take care of the guk that is collecting on your circuit board.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
August 28th will be 4 months without a cigarette and I'm on my third bowl. I have about 5 backups since I found a place that sells the bowls for 28 bucks.

I've been buying the PG menthol for 9 bucks per 20 ml, seems a 20 ml lasts about a week.
The grey batteries that came with the kits are basically backups, the two 1200 mah batteries are my carry-always they last about 10 hours.

I only drip right into the atomizer, havent bothered with carts since early May.
I value the Pipe601 greatlyand the cost savings are now rolling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread