what are the differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2 Kr808D1 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonk

Jul 22, 2011
California and UK
Hi,
Still rather new here and use KR808D1 batteries. I have seen some talk of Generation 1 and the newer Generation 2 batteries. What are the key differences and improvements? I am thinking of getting a Bloog MaxFussion or a Volt from Smokeless Image. Are their batteries (automatic) 2nd Generation?
Thanks, in advance, for your usual great help.
Simon

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Simonk sir both bloog and volt are gen 2. Gen 1 kr808 batts are unregulated and start at 4.15v or above under load depending on the manufacturer, then drop to 3.7v and below (again the speed of which they drop again depends on the manufacturer). Gen 2 batts are regulated to around 3.6v (due to fault tolerances you'll find them from 3.53-3.68v). They stay at that voltage until the last puff. The draw is also far stiffer on a gen 2 in comparison to a gen 1 batt. Hope this helps.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
wondering if we should be more careful here throwing around the word "sealed". They all are "drip resistant" (as far as I know). They are safer than the old style but still not as safe as a manual.

Also, aren't there still some gen2 automatics that are "unsealed"? I think everyone is still updating/rotating in their stock to the new "sealed" autos.

I found some old generation 1s in a drawer that were my first purchase-68mm/180mah. geez, they only vape well for like an hour before they get really weak. How did I ever manage? lol

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
wondering if we should be more careful here throwing around the word "sealed". They all are "drip resistant" (as far as I know). They are safer than the old style but still not as safe as a manual.

Also, aren't there still some gen2 automatics that are "unsealed"? I think everyone is still updating/rotating in their stock to the new "sealed" autos.

I found some old generation 1s in a drawer that were my first purchase-68mm/180mah. geez, they only vape well for like an hour before they get really weak. How did I ever manage? lol

now fixed :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
It's the new style. They have a solid post moving the air flow to tiny holes under the post. They can still get flooded but common drips won't kill them. And I wouldn't go dripping with them. Not all gen2s are drip resistant. Some of the vendors have been slipping them into their stock and it's still hit or miss. So check with your vendor of choice first. I'm also only providing first hand experiences. I'm not in the habit of buying one from every vendor to check. I know halo is slipping them in as old stock runs out cause I saw a post.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
ahhhh....so basically a proprietary right to hype up gen2s and give em a cool name? I dig. Marketing is very important.
I was looking at the drippers on nhaler and they referred to them as MF style. They're just saying that they get them from the same manufacturer or they work well with the new batteries.
That's important info, I guess. I have a couple of 808s that are darn near eyepopping to draw on my new sealed batts but they work ok on my old kr8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread