Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
One of the few articles with specifics corroborating lipoid pneumonia.
You mean the thing that was proven to be a hoax and not at all related to vaping years ago?

I smell feces.

UPDATE: yup. Feces.
1. There is no article, just a headline. On Yahoo!.
2. The headline claims the accusation is being made by “his family”. No doctors.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
There might be an incentive for the kids to lie about what they were vaping. Not a huge upside to telling their doctors and parents that they were using illegal stuff. Easier just to blame it on vaping and play the innocent victim.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I just had a random thought about a possible adjustment if not exactly a remedy.
It may be a bad idea.
The issue is more than one type of active ingredient is being used. What if they were color coded?
Assign a use color to devices. If you want to vape nicotine your mod has to be one color (hoping for silver myself, but it would be what it would be)
If you want to vape one type of that three letter stuff which is legal everywhere, your device has to be another color (green maybe?). If you want to vape that OTHER three letter stuff that is only legal some places but gets smuggled everywhere else it has to be a different color (red maybe? Something easily visible)

Pro: would possibly help differentiate types of use.

Cons: would require FDA action, would make a lot of current devices unusable, would be easy to counterfeit.

BIG CON: When rules and laws aren't applied uniformly, justly or predictably and constantly randomized or amended by the very peeps that make 'em such that they can't even understand it without putting a robe on to go the office. Even if just that, big con. At that point you don't just scrap the law or rule, but the rulers.

No more toys for the boys.

Simple answer. You have to have faith in a system for it to work.

Good luck. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
BIG CON: When rules and laws aren't applied uniformly, justly or predictably and constantly randomized or amended by the very peeps that make 'em such that they can't even understand it without putting a robe on to go the office. Even if just that, big con. At that point you don't just scrap the law or rule, but the rulers.

No more toys for the boys.

Simple answer. You have to have faith in a system for it to work.

Good luck. :)
Yeah I thought of a few more cons after I posted. It’s a bad idea I think.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
So, you voted for a kind of Hillary in a blue suit? :confused: :evil:
No, I don't live in France. Instead I live in a country where people voted for a "stupiditier" version of Trump, and because of that I'm having the great honour to vape the Amazon rainforest itself... [emoji19]

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
That we all take a part in demonstrating to all and everyone around us how happy we are vaping…and how miserable the constant bombardment of BS makes us. We have to be every bit as intrusive as the propaganda. I know that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's what we got.
The happy part demonstrating safety and benefits, yes. Intrusive propaganda can discourage fence sitters and/ or encourage more opposition.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Actually I chose Bill Clinton because everyone seemed to like him, not because he was blue. I kind of got the impression that even the right side of the aisle, even as they were impeaching him were like, "Way to go dude, and debating the meaning of IF? You are beating us to a pulp and we are enjoying it."

He was also pretty good at overseas. No jelly donuts and foreign vomitings during a state meal or whatever.

Hell, I LIKE Bill Clinton ESPECIALY with the Monica thing, I realize he is a horrible person, probably but his likability is off the charts. I mean, EVERYONE dug him.

I was really afraid Hillary might win, simply because she was MARRIED to him.

Bill Clinton ALL the way and really personally I don't care WHAT he did in the oval office with cigars and another consenting adult and if *I* were him in that impeachment hearing I would answer EVERY single question with "Irrelevant, and why is it you CARE?" Even when they asked my name and tried to swear me in.

I did not agree with many things about Bill Clinton but he's got a likability factor and little Monica runs a handbag factory now, it's not as if she was exactly HARMED.

Bill Clinton all the way. You can use "Bill" for short.

Anna

Reactions: adrianx

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
You mean the thing that was proven to be a hoax and not at all related to vaping years ago?

I smell feces.

UPDATE: yup. Feces.
1. There is no article, just a headline. On Yahoo!.
2. The headline claims the accusation is being made by “his family”. No doctors.

The yahoo video, yes, feces. Can even be drumming up crowdfunding support. The lipid pneumonia part because of 'dabbing' (not shown or explained on video) makes sense though.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I pointed out to a very good friend of mine that I have known for like forever, that they were hyping this stuff. That the people in some cases, for sure, and in others, more than likely, were vaping things other than nicotine e-liquid. His response was... so vaping is good for you, eh? Sarcasm noted. It right ticked me off. I started asking him if fast food was good, if liquor was good, if fried food was good, hell, if riding horses was dangerous, .... Asked him if he wanted government to mandate whether he could or couldn't do those things!!

Like I said, it ticked me off. He's all for liberty when it's something he cares about, but apparently not so much if he doesn't. :( And that is not liberty at all. I am very disappointed. :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I kind of got the impression that even the right side of the aisle, even as they were impeaching him were like, "Way to go dude, and debating the meaning of IF?
It was the word "is", not "if".

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." -- Bill Clinton

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's right. I always meant to read his autobiography, too, but like...……….. It was so LONG. I wasn't sure I wanted to know that MUCH about Bill Clinton and his life.

I did read Lance Armstrong's autobiography the first one. It was a good read.

I think he wrote a second one after he was caught out and stuff, I can't remember. I didn't read it.

You know though, I think every single biker enthusiast was in agreement that Mr. Armstrong was a complete tool and we ALL knew he was doping and like, so was EVERYONE he just happened to be the BEST at it. It's like a plausible deniable fiction that ALL high end athletes everywhere are all DOPING with the latest, greatest DOPE of all time and they just try to stay one step ahead of the tests.

LOL when one biker's (it was on Lance's team) blood was found to have two very different sets of antibodies in it (you get injected with blood with red cells in it partway through the race. Effective.) but yeah he tried to claim he had AN ABSORBED TWIN in his body and that was what had caused the result.

The guy I felt REALLY sorry for was Floyd Landis, he was Lance Armstrong's loyal companion and like he was AMISH. But, he always wanted to be a BIKER. He would do his AMISH CHORES and then go out and BIKE for hours, He won the tour and was the heir to Lance Armstrong. Unfortunately they caught the doping right away and well, stripped him of his title the next day. He had one day to celebrate and I bet he was TIRED (doping or not.) Also he had to give up his Amish title and be like shunned and whatever. (Yes, I also read his autobiography.) He was SHAFTED if you ask me.

These type of facts are far more interesting than like, fake news. I personally think.

BUT should I buy a Rio Grand to get back on topic? I don't squonk but now they are closing I think I should get one. Should I? Also do I need the spa package (it's me, so probably.)

Will it give me squonk joy and if so what battery and what RTA and build for like, a MTL vaper.

I should probably make this a thread. I might. After notes. I kind of want it.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's right. I always meant to read his autobiography, too, but like...……….. It was so LONG. I wasn't sure I wanted to know that MUCH about Bill Clinton and his life.

I did read Lance Armstrong's autobiography the first one. It was a good read.

I think he wrote a second one after he was caught out and stuff, I can't remember. I didn't read it.

You know though, I think every single biker enthusiast was in agreement that Mr. Armstrong was a complete tool and we ALL knew he was doping and like, so was EVERYONE he just happened to be the BEST at it. It's like a plausible deniable fiction that ALL high end athletes everywhere are all DOPING with the latest, greatest DOPE of all time and they just try to stay one step ahead of the tests.

LOL when one biker's (it was on Lance's team) blood was found to have two very different sets of antibodies in it (you get injected with blood with red cells in it partway through the race. Effective.) but yeah he tried to claim he had AN ABSORBED TWIN in his body and that was what had caused the result.

The guy I felt REALLY sorry for was Floyd Landis, he was Lance Armstrong's loyal companion and like he was AMISH. But, he always wanted to be a BIKER. He would do his AMISH CHORES and then go out and BIKE for hours, He won the tour and was the heir to Lance Armstrong. Unfortunately they caught the doping right away and well, stripped him of his title the next day. He had one day to celebrate and I bet he was TIRED (doping or not.) Also he had to give up his Amish title and be like shunned and whatever. (Yes, I also read his autobiography.) He was SHAFTED if you ask me.

These type of facts are far more interesting than like, fake news. I personally think.

BUT should I buy a Rio Grand to get back on topic? I don't squonk but now they are closing I think I should get one. Should I? Also do I need the spa package (it's me, so probably.)

Will it give me squonk joy and if so what battery and what RTA and build for like, a MTL vaper.

I should probably make this a thread. I might. After notes. I kind of want it.

Anna
Never read it either. What I know about Clinton: he created the longest peacetime expansion in the history of the nation though the simple expedient of insisting on real numbers and doing actual math. He pulled a major stupid by allowing Murdoch cotizenship which even Regan wouldn’t do, and allowed the deregulation of media, the abuse of which is currently causing serious problems. Oh and at a point where he was almost catatonic with stress and fatigue an intern spontaneously crawled under his desk and blew him. Trump of course actually solicited the same from a stripper while being publicly interviewed on a bus during his campaign.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...should I buy a Rio Grand to get back on topic? I don't squonk but now they are closing I think I should get one. Should I?
I had a Reo Grand gifted to me. I really tried to like it, but I didn't.

It was uncomfortable to hold. Just a rectangular block of steal (or was it aluminum?). The fire button was really hard and uncomfortable to press; it's located on top of the mod so it wasn't a natural action for me, anyway.

However, they were extremely popular. You'd need a drip atomizer designed for squonking. I used a Reomizer from Reo Mods; top cap fit loose, returned to Reo Mods and was returned still loose. Gave up and its now in the vape drawer with the rest my other unused mods.

Battery wise, it depends upon the coil you will use in the RDA. Follow Ohm's law.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I have teens and all their friends talk about how nic gives them a buzz. They are getting buzzed from 50 and 60mg nic juice. When they no longer get the buzz from nic they go to the dabbing. This seems to be the problem???
    I agree.
    It is also not about the "flavoring" attracting them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread