What flavors are long term EX- Marlboro smokers vaping????

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Perhaps you (all) can help please...
After 30+ years of smoking Marlboro Lights (Golds) i was quit cold turkey (scary xray) for 5 weeks. I needed something though because I was generally lethargic and miserable. I bought a cheap ecig in the gas station and thought it was a good distraction and made me want to go outside again. I used and bought several more before turning to the web. Problem is there is too much info there to decipher. So I bought a V2 starter kit with red (full) cartridges. They worked ok and continued to give me pleasure, so I did more research and bought a Volcano Inferno starter kit because the tube tank and long battery life appealed to me. I ordered their tobacco and ry-4 16mg. I followed the vendors instructions charged the battery and filled the carto and the tank, ran outside to smoke it and it was the nastiest perfumy/potpouri taste. I figured no prob, tossed the carto, washed out the tank and all its parts with water and refilled with the other liquid. The taste was very similar, with an strong undertone of perfume/potpouri. I disssembled it, tossed the carto, cleaned the tank and now have been scratching my head wondering what I am going to vape thru it? Amazingly, now the V2 red (full) cartridges now taste perfumy but the weaker (med) do not? I have also seen posts stating that you should vape a juice for more than 5 minutes before judging it. Ifg I had to vape those jiuces for even one more drag, I would quit vaping altogether!

I am not going to ask everyone "what tastes like a marlboro" because I know the answer is subjective, however, I would like to know what you ex-marlboro smokers are using for your long term daily vape please?

i have also seen many older posts about non-perfumy flavors, and would appreciate any updates that anyone can give on that subject. I have also learned (and agree so far) that most cigarette (tobacco) flavored juice taste like unburned tobacco leaves.

Thank you all so much for reading and hopefully helping me find a good, bland, non perfumy/potpouri/chemical flavored jiuce to put in my new inferno! If it tastes something like the smoke from a burning marlboro light (gold) I will be indebted to you. I will actually gladly send you these Volcano "tobacco" and RY Four jouces too.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Hi hyplainsdrifter, welcome to ECF! the 'full' and 'light' designations in juice don't really correlate very well, like they did in cigarettes. You should also probably start with more nic, perhaps 24mg instead of 16mg. I agree that the web can be information overload.

I was not a Marlboro smoker, so I can't specifically make any suggestions. However, many smokers that are long-term NON-smokers often eventually don't want it to taste like any cig. I know that doesn't help you starting off, but consider trying other flavors you might like. My favorite vape is something that I would not like to taste in food at all.

Stick with it, it sounds like you have graduated to better gear already, that is half the battle!

Edit/Addendum: You have surely read, that your taste and smell will change over the next couple of weeks/couple of months. If you find something you like now, don't buy a gallon of it, because you may not like it later!

Last edited:

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
40 Year Marlboro smoker here. My advice, don't vap tobacco flavors. Get a sampler pack from one of our fine vendors and test out other flavors with an appropriate nicotine hit. I could not find a tobacco flavor to replace what I was smoking and tried some of the other flavors and found out I enjoyed them. I kept going back to a tobacco flavor and tossed everyone of them or I mixed another flavor with them. I have found that vaping has replaced the "smoking habit" of having something in my hand and puffing away. I do not miss the tobacco flavor. I have only been at it 4 weeks now and my juice flavors are growing and not a single one is tobacco.

So, look for some sampler packs of juice and be adventurous (try some fruit ones). Start the nicotine at 24 or 18 and after a while kick it down.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I am currently using Mt Baker Vaper Ecto Cooler, MM Radiator Pluid, AVE Gorilla Juice and add Lemonades often. I switch a lot!
Keep up the good fight! I found I didn't care for traditional tobacco, and the closest I come to it now is Gorilla Juice. Tastes like banana topped brownies to me. You may not find that's the same for you though.
I'm so glad I dropped my Marlboro Lights habit.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Some juices require "steeping" to get to the flavor they purport to be. That means taking the lid off say overnight, recapping in the morning and letting it sit and that should rid you of the perfumey flavor. I am NOT going to say "avoid tobacco flavors" a) because it isn't answering your question and b) I like tobacco flavors. I have read that ECBlends have a juice called "Redbox" and "New red Box" (but they will require that "steeping". So order a sample of that from them and also from this site

want2vape 3ml 10+1 Sampler Special and try the following - Acid Blondie, Alcazar, Analog Mild, 555, Tabac Espec, Cold Infusion, Red Pirate, Morley RY4 and Campfire Coffee (coffee can very easily mimic the "type of hit" oddly enough). Because they're small samples, you could put some in a 2-3 ml clearomizer, give it a few puffs to warm the liquid, then let it sit overnight. Because of the small amount and the heating that can activate the steeping to a good enough degree to get a good idea of what the mature flavor will taste like. Good luck and keep us all updated.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Welcome to ECF! My favorites are RY4's, and surprisingly a new Cafe Mocha I just tried. I also love Honey Flue's. With all the different flavors out there, I have found that experimenting has surprised me! Things I thought I wouldn't like, I do. I thought I would like watermelon, and haven't found one yet I like.

Good luck finding "the one" and don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Try it and see how you get on. Certainly not harmful. I think VG and PG ratio is more about what you can tolerate health wise. PG = more intense flavor and less vapor. VG = lots of vapor but mutes the flavor. I'd suggest trying 70/30 PG/VG ratio and see how you get on. I myself am on 100% VG as often as possible or I get a hard hacking cough on inhale (PG) and sore throat if I vape too much PG at one sitting. I would also suggest that you try a 24 mg nic - for those "must have a cigarette or will kill someone" moments when 18 just doesn't cut it. Nicotine level also increases "Throat Hit" which you'll definitely want to mimic. Similarly, bear in mind that some folk have a low tolerance for all VG all the time. If you start having a lot of mucus and generally plugged up feeling in head, throat, chest that would be a symptom.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
As an ex-2pad Marlboro gold smoker, I thought this was a really interesting question. I'm still searching for that "one liquid" that I can settle down with as a primary liquid. It hasn't happened yet, and while I haven't given up that ill find it(because there are just too many beloved flavors out there that I've yet to try),but I realize I might not find one. With all the flavors I've tried and wildly different prices I have paid, I have to admit I've vaped more Dekang RY4 than anything else :?: seems odd to me I was sure I'd find some super high end American made wonder fluid, but alas no, good old reliable(and cheap lol) Dekang. Not too sweet, not too over the top, kinda tobacco. I dunno but if that winds up being my go to from now on, I'm gonna save a lot of money;)

Ceelibs

Aug 12, 2012
Boerne TX
Like others have said you`ll be hard pressed to find an "accurate" cig flavor and one of the beauty`s of vaping is that the choices are darn near limitless (crab or hotwing flavored juice anyone,lol). That said I too smoked mainly Marlboro Reds, since 1983-ish. I am also on a quest to find that "real" cig taste and interestingly enough I find that one of V2`s flavors, Sahara (at least for me) comes closest to that dirty/ashy cigarette experience. I have been vaping for a little over 2 months now and while I have already accumulated about 20 or so different flavors of juice from 5 different vendors it is Sahara that I feel is closest (3 unopened packs of carts in waiting, a 2/3 empty 25ml bottle and a FRESH 25ml one dropped off by the mailman today...yay!)...but thats just me. Other good tobacco juices I have tried are C&D and Gamel by Alien Visions, American blend from mom and pops(REALLY goes good with a touch of menthol added) and finally Desert Joe from Smokeless Image. I can only suggest that you try many and eventually you`ll find "the one" for you.

Ceelibs

Aug 12, 2012
Boerne TX
40 Year Marlboro smoker here. My advice, don't vap tobacco flavors. Get a sampler pack from one of our fine vendors and test out other flavors with an appropriate nicotine hit. I could not find a tobacco flavor to replace what I was smoking and tried some of the other flavors and found out I enjoyed them. I kept going back to a tobacco flavor and tossed everyone of them or I mixed another flavor with them. I have found that vaping has replaced the "smoking habit" of having something in my hand and puffing away. I do not miss the tobacco flavor. I have only been at it 4 weeks now and my juice flavors are growing and not a single one is tobacco.

So, look for some sampler packs of juice and be adventurous (try some fruit ones). Start the nicotine at 24 or 18 and after a while kick it down.
This is great advice, I didnt think I would like fruit flavored juices but a recent acquisition of some grape and watermellon is changing my mind on that

sfshadow

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
I was a 20 yr smoker of marlboro lights and while I haven't found anything that tastes the same as a the marlboro I would recommend trying the Patriot flavor from goodejuice. It's the closest to an actual tobacco flavor that i've found yet and it's made from actual tobacco leaves. IMHO, there's a lot of juice out there being sold as 'real tobacco flavor' but all the ones made without using real tobacco taste very artificial to me.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My wife is running 100% VG at 12%, lots of vapor and she says tasteless.... she likes it, me, I like some flavor.

Mustang,

Would please let me know where you found is the best place to by the VG and Nicotine? I want to give it a shot - Thanks for the feedback.

I also want to thank everyone who has taken the time to help educate a relative noob to vaping (3.5 weeks vaping), 8 weeks smoke free after 30+ years of burning 1 to nearly 2 packs of PM's finest a day.

Additionally, I am here in NW Georgia and I never see or hear of anyone vaping...WTFO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread