What will become of ECF in the aftermath of a ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Likely because he has already bought all the equipment he needs, all of the nic he needs,, likely cutting down on flavors to the point no flavor is no problem,, likely has built his stash of parts for repairs,, cotton/rayon,, wire. In the end he only needs vg maybe pg or d-water. This vape hate culture can hurt unprepared vapers &the vape haters but be more of an annoyance to those already prepared.

-prepared myself,, but I am fighting back with my checkbook by avoiding taxable events.
It's nic I'm mostly concerned about although I've cut down over the years. They can't ban all flavors because these same companies manufacture for the food industry. The little Italian shop down the street sells flavors to it's customers who use them in beverages and bakery goods. Flavorah, which is eliquid exclusive, has a plan. No, I'm not worried about flavorings as much and VG/PG is a cinch.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I agree. This is what I see in our future here.

View attachment 844547
I have no doubt that if the vape hate continues our used gear is going UP in value,, i recently gave away 2 new atomizers & a nearly new mod,, my husband asked if I could sell them,, sure in a couple of years,, but I am not looking for a a profit right now on fellow vapers. Its better for me to give right now,,, I will be rewarded later. -because thats how it goes for me. Then the next day somebody out of the blue gave me some huge 4battery mod,, I'll pif it too someday. But you are right,, that used gear is likely going to be in demand.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
It's nic I'm mostly concerned about although I've cut down over the years. They can't ban all flavors because these same companies manufacture for the food industry. The little Italian shop down the street sells flavors to it's customers who use them in beverages and bakery goods. Flavorah, which is eliquid exclusive, has a plan. No, I'm not worried about flavorings as much and VG/PG is a cinch.
I have too much nic,, wondering what its street value will be someday. Agree on vg/pg

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
  • Agree
Reactions: Woofer

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I agree. This is what I see in our future here.

View attachment 844547

1on8bs.jpg

So you're saying the upwards of $50,000 worth of vape gear I no loner use and have stored away was really just an investment that I will soon be able to sell for upwards of $500,000? That boggles the mind when I think about how many times I have "almost" just tossed it all in the garbage. o_O

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
really... when I joined, any chat about drugs would get your post removed, and any talk about 100mg/ml nic was taboo also... and would earn you an asterisk ******
100 mg/ml was always acceptable since I’ve been here, but that was the highest allowed. But I still get **** for words that are neither profanity nor drug related and I have no clue why they’re censored. I got censored for saying a type of pipe with a water that one would use for marijuana. So I guess I can say marijuana but not .....

And I also guess that the old reason for not allowing talk about marijuana was that it was illegal in some places. But it’s still illegal in a lot of places, so I guess that old rule was BS all along.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
100 mg/ml was always acceptable since I’ve been here, but that was the highest allowed. But I still get **** for words that are neither profanity nor drug related and I have no clue why they’re censored. I got censored for saying a type of pipe with a water that one would use for marijuana. So I guess I can say marijuana but not .....

And I also guess that the old reason for not allowing talk about marijuana was that it was illegal in some places. But it’s still illegal in a lot of places, so I guess that old rule was BS all along.
I always got the impression the purpose of the word censorship was to direct discussion. It’s an e-cigarette fourm. The word restriction remains an effective way to keep things on task. Some words were taken off the list because of the CDC conflation, it remains such. Think of it as BS if you wish. Me I’m comfortable with it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's what happens when you elect communists leaders. Elections have consequences. It's only going to get worse before it gets better. The point is it's been coming and people should have been preparing for it. Like I've said many times it won't effect me BUT it shouldn't be happening anywhere. This is obviously government over reach.
That's what happens when you elect communists leaders. Elections have consequences. It's only going to get worse before it gets better. The point is it's been coming and people should have been preparing for it. Like I've said many times it won't effect me BUT it shouldn't be happening anywhere. This is obviously government over reach.
This word “communists”. I don’t think it means what you think it means.
upload_2019-10-13_10-37-52.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
View attachment 844641
So you're saying the upwards of $50,000 worth of vape gear I no loner use and have stored away was really just an investment that I will soon be able to sell for upwards of $500,000? That boggles the mind when I think about how many times I have "almost" just tossed it all in the garbage. o_O
The whole “horde hardware because they’ll make it illegal and it will vault in price “ argument has been used many many times by firearms manufacturers and has resulted in some people having vaults of hundreds of weapons they hope to sell one day for gigantic sums. It so far has not materialized despite something like 6 rounds of frantic warnings.
The only example of where such a thing happened that I know of was Australia. Black market prices did skyrocket, but demand also dropped drastically. It’s a single data point though.
My personal suspicion is IF a ban goes into effect one might get more for a device if sold, but the actual selling becomes exponentially more difficult to the point that it may no longer be worth doing.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The whole “horde hardware because they’ll make it illegal and it will vault in price “ argument has been used many many times by firearms manufacturers and has resulted in some people having vaults of hundreds of weapons they hope to sell one day for gigantic sums. It so far has not materialized despite something like 6 rounds of frantic warnings.
The only example of where such a thing happened that I know of was Australia. Black market prices did skyrocket, but demand also dropped drastically. It’s a single data point though.
My personal suspicion is IF a ban goes into effect one might get more for a device if sold, but the actual selling becomes exponentially more difficult to the point that it may no longer be worth doing.

I've been offered some pretty interesting numbers for a Ruger P85 that I have, but will never go anywhere other than between my safe and bedside holster (every night, like clockwork).

Heckuva "device", that one.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Rhinos are majestic animals. RINOs are only the part of an animal you see when the animal is walking away with it's tail up.
Just to translate that particular American political dog whistle since this is an international forum. For what it’s worth I had to look it up too.
Republican In Name Only - Wikipedia

The impression I get is it’s a term used by someone who thinks Nixon and Regan were insufficiently right wing to be called “republicans”

• Informative
Reactions: Woofer

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've been offered some pretty interesting numbers for a Ruger P85 that I have, but will never go anywhere other than between my safe and bedside holster (every night, like clockwork).

Heckuva "device", that one.
I've never shot a P85 but I have a P89 that I understand is quite similar. I'm not a fan of 9mm.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The impression I get is it’s a term used by someone who thinks Nixon and Regan were insufficiently right wing to be called “republicans”

By today's standards, possible, in which case Clinton & JFK wouldn't be dems either.

The US has splintered, possibly irreparably.

Article V.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread