Status
Not open for further replies.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I've done some reading but cant quit figure it out... I have a voltmeter, but no way to test under load. I need to know what my actual loaded voltage is to calculate my sweet spot (watts)!

Using a Prodigy v3.1 with 2 AW LiFePO4 RC123s. Off the charger, they measure 3.6. After they settle, they measure 3.3. They stay at 3.3 after a few hours of vaping. Whats my actual/loaded voltage? Is this a true 6v device or is it closer to 5/5.5?

Thanks!

bowhunterr2001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Beaver, Pa
Take your atty or carto off, unscrew your switch and place the V3 on your desk with the switch down on your desktop.. Put your black lead on the side of the V3 and put your red lead on the center post of your adapter and push down activating your switch.. You should get a reading of around 6.6 volts with a fresh set of batteries..

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Take your atty or carto off, unscrew your switch and place the V3 on your desk with the switch down on your desktop.. Put your black lead on the side of the V3 and put your red lead on the center post of your adapter and push down activating your switch.. You should get a reading of around 6.6 volts with a fresh set of batteries..

You are correct for testing unloaded voltage but the OP is asking about the voltage under load which is somewhere between 5.5V - 6V with fully charged batts. If I remember correctly, I think it's been mentioned to be around 5.8V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread