hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My downfall with cigarettes was when the price went way up on my regular brand and I switched to a cheaper one. I almost immediately went from around a pack a day to over 1.5. I felt it in my breathing and knew I had to make a change. I accidentally saw a short story on the local news about people using this new device called an ecig. Back then it was just cigalikes but it led me to the forum and led me to Twisted Victor and snus. Thank god things worked out like they did.

On a different note, my daughter’s high school sends out a weekly email newsletter. In this one there was a link to the school newspaper which had an article on ecigs saying how they were bad for them with and without nicotine. I wouldn’t want any kid that didn’t already smoke starting to vape but it didn’t really give a fair perception of how they are way less harmful. I guess if it did then it wouldn’t have been printed in the school paper.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got out of procrastination mode this morning and put the crack sealer and injection ports in place to seal the crack in my basement wall. Now I just need to wait 12-24 hours for it to cure and I can inject the epoxy.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It’s not finished yet. I don’t remember if I mentioned it before or not but my wife wants all the trim on the first floor painted white. It was stained before. Anyway I’ve gotten about 3/4 of it done. About a month or so ago I came home and she was pulling the floor trim off and broke some of it. Now I’ve got to buy, cut, and paint all new floor trim. I’ve been dodging that bullet for a while but it’s starting to annoy me so I’ll probably start on that in a week or two.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    @hittman Both of my boys are in middle school and have come home with plenty of stories of kids vaping at school. There had been numerous suspensions with kids being caught in the bathrooms vaping and on the school grounds. They make it sound like a lot of the students are doing it. Since I vape we talked about it and the dangers associated with it. They both know that I started vaping to help me quit smoking and understand that I wouldn't be doing it otherwise. They called the kids doing it "idiots" who are trying to be cool and they want no part of it. Hopefully they maintain this opinion cause I wouldn't want either of them doing it. But it's made me think about vaping and how I should try to give it up. I'm pretty sure I could live with just snus as I really don't vape that much to begin with. Maybe time to set another quit date...

Reactions: Burnie

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    If you decide to then good luck Rebel. I know stubby and a few others that went only with snus. I really don't think I can do it. I use mostly snus during the work day simply because I can't openly vape at work. I sneak a drag here and there as needed. Most of the time when I'm off, I'm a dual user of snus and vape. My wife and I both smoked and she still does despite my effort to get her to vape. I thank god that neither of my girls have started to smoke or vape. My oldest will be 21 in May and as far as I know has never touched either. I should have a good talk with the youngest about vaping since I'm sure she hears about it at school also but hasn't mentioned it.

Reactions: The Rebel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Honestly, I've not had the best of luck with painters tape. I've used the blue and the green tape and it seems like I always have to go back and touch up afterwards. It seems like there is always some seepage with the tape.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Well, the old Saturn finally became fiscally irresponsible to repair. Low oil pressure light was flipping on and it looked like it was leaking from the oil pressure sensor. Got under it yesterday and it turns out it's the oil pan gasket. Not a big deal except you have to either pull the motor or transmission to get the pan off. Along with all the other problems I can't justify fixing it.

But I found a 2014 Buick Regal that we looked at this morning and I'll go pick it up before work tomorrow. Nicely equipped and only 24k miles. Super nice car, but I'm still a little sad to see the old girl go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I used to use mostly pg but as it got more popular I have been using 70-80 percent vg in my mixes. I’ve been thinking about going the other direction and going with mostly pg.

4 years ago I started vaping with 70PG/30VG...

Then...chasing cheaper e-juice prices...I was slowly "led" into 30PG/70VG...

But...after awhile...it dawned on me that the reason my apartment windows were looking "dirty"...was because of the "VG film"...

So...I went back to my original MBV 70PG/30VG e-juice and while paying a little more...am much happier with my cleaner windows...

[I am, perhaps, somewhat sensitive to clean windows due to living in a corner apartment where the outside walls are ALL GLASS.]

Mt Baker Vapor - Vape Juice | E Juice | Vape Devices

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I've noticed that film you're talking about on my car windshield. My only concern with going to a 70pg/30vg is if my rta's will leak easier.

Well hitt...Life is often a careful balancing act...

Cleaner windshield, home windows and TV screens...vs....possibility of leaking RTA's...

[70PG/30VG or 30PG/70VG...either way you win...because you're still no longer smoking cigarettes...:headbang:]

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Out with the old...
    20180220_113744.jpg

In with the new.
    16243454601.jpg

The worst part about newer vehicles is learning all the new buttons and features. My buddy at work had to walk me through Bluetoothing my phone to the car and getting that working. Then on the drive home I pushed a random button and learned it has a heated steering wheel. Too fancy for a hillbilly like myself.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That looks really nice Waho. My jeep is a 2012 and has a lot of features but the newer ones have even more stuff. A guy I work with has a Dodge truck that he can manually raise and lower the suspension on and it does it automatically when he hits a certain speed. I have heated seats but not steering wheel. When we were shopping for my wifes new car, one of the options was headlights that turn when the car turns.

• Informative
    Reactions: gerrymi

Users who are viewing this thread