hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I ordered a new charger and charging bag from FT after I had that little battery melt down. They were supposed to be delivered today but I checked the tracking and it has gone from processing in Chicago to a center in ME. Keep in mind it's going to MO. I don't have any idea what they are doing.

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My iPhone has been acting strange and rebooting on its own. I suspected the battery so I ordered a replacement kit from ifixit. I had a couple minor problems but got the battery replaced. However I couldn’t see to connect the home button and had my daughter put it back on for me. Anyway I’m up and running and Time will tell if it fixed my problem. The battery came with this cool repair tool kit with a magnetic screwdriver which is a necessity as small as the screws are.
    f358e2de99e6e54f4780967d974345b1.jpg

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I had slept on my glasses a few weeks ago and bent them up so bad that one lens popped out. I tried to screw it back in but I'd bent the area there the screw went it. Went to the people that sold them to me and she got it back together but didn't use a larger screw.

In New Hampshire, we were riding back on the interstate an 70/75 mph and the screw let loose. I made the executive decision to hope the lens didn't fall out before we got back to the condo. Luckily it held.

I knew it was useless for me to try to get it back together so I was prepared to spend the next day and the ride home without them. I'm supposed to wear them to drive but I'm fine without them and during the day I have prescription sunglasses so I felt I'd be okay.

The next day we climbed Mt Washington and afterward were stopping for gas. I checked Walmart and saw there was one 5 miles from where we got gas. I left the others and headed to it, in the opposite direction from the rest. The gal in there not only improved the alignment of the frames, but also put a longer screw in with a loctite type solution on the screw and gave me a second screw just in case (not that I could have put it in myself). My days of dealing with anything that small are way over.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    My last fastech order of coils took 10 days to go from "processed" through a China EMS facility to San Fransisco post office..... and I paid the extra for the USPS. It's been a total of 2 weeks at this point and it won't be here until Saturday.

Ecig-city sat on my Riftcore tank pre-order for a week after they updated their site to say "sold out" before they sent a shipped notice. It's still sitting in "pre-shipment" according to USPS. I doubt I'll ever use them again. I got the same tank from another vendor (in their city) over a week ago and was going to do a charge back on my card today before I got the shipping notice.

Roth, we are dealing with house wrens and winter wrens. They like potted plants and killed one of mom's nesting in it. I made a bunch of boxes for them and they seem content to leave my plants lone with a little encouragement.

I am also on my first pair of bifocals. Had to take my glasses off to see anything up close. This getting old sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Man you guys are falling apart! But I'm right there with you. ;) After cataract surgery in both eyes my up close vision is gone so I'm one of those guys you see carrying around reading glasses in his shirt pocket. I can see like a hawk for distance but I can't even tell what's on my fork before it gets to my mouth. Getting old sucks....

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The eye doctor said also that I have an astigmatism in one eye. Mostly what I need the glasses for are at work trying to read laser etched part numbers on small parts. I didn't mention how my left foot that I broke many years ago has been aching and it hurts where the break is. I think a big part of it besides the high temps and humidity is that I fell off the wagon for some time as far as exercising and have put back on an extra ten or twelve pounds. I'm on the concrete on my feet most of the day at work so I think the extra weight is having an affect. I am trying to get back into an exercise routine and pay more attention to what I'm eating. I've taken three pounds off so far but it's a long drawn out battle. One other perk of getting older is that it seems to be much harder to take off weight.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I was feeling better than I have in years at day 10 in my vacation. My motorcycle wreck knee feeling pretty good, the ganglion cyst on my wrist is shrinking quickly, back loosened up from not bending and lifting 8 hours a day.

Then what started as simply mowing and trimming a few branches off the crimson maple so I could see my bird feeders from the kitchen turned into my wife grabbing a new sheet for the honey do list. 2 days of random yard work and I'm back to the old soreness.

I've been waiting for the wind to calm down to get my air rifle sighted back in. Damn squirrels tearing up the bird feeders.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I was feeling better than I have in years at day 10 in my vacation. My motorcycle wreck knee feeling pretty good, the ganglion cyst on my wrist is shrinking quickly, back loosened up from not bending and lifting 8 hours a day.

Then what started as simply mowing and trimming a few branches off the crimson maple so I could see my bird feeders from the kitchen turned into my wife grabbing a new sheet for the honey do list. 2 days of random yard work and I'm back to the old soreness.

I've been waiting for the wind to calm down to get my air rifle sighted back in. Damn squirrels tearing up the bird feeders.
    We catch them in havahart traps and finish them in the trap with the air rifle. Wind doesn't matter that way. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm trying my snus tomorrow, man, and dang, I WISH it was harder to put on weight. I think I'm one of those ultra rapid metabolizers and I'm going to turn into (if I haven't already) into one of those stringy, frail looking older ladies who you think I could blow at her and she'll topple etc. LOL.

If all goes well, gonna attempt a HALF hour of yoga tomorrow. Because I ALSO want to be one of those skinny old ladies forceful enough to get all up in your face and tell you JUST what is what, etc.

But, I will report back. I sincerely hope it's helpful and I sincerely hope it's useful remaining CAUTIOUSLY optimistic you know, following being like anxious for weeks. Can't do another day of that level of anxiety and NOT spontaneously combust, etc.

Anna

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Take it slow and easy stols. Snus can be an acquired taste. If you have the white portions do a little thing we call fluffing the pillow before you pop it in. Since they normally have a bit more snus at one end of the portion, most people rough it up a bit to evenly distribute the tobacco through the whole portion. Makes for a more comfortable experience on your gums. And like stated before, the mint and salt are a totally new sensation and can be a little intense at first. If it gets to be too much, take it out, give your gums a rest, and then pop it back in. Enjoy!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm trying my snus tomorrow, man, and dang, I WISH it was harder to put on weight. I think I'm one of those ultra rapid metabolizers and I'm going to turn into (if I haven't already) into one of those stringy, frail looking older ladies who you think I could blow at her and she'll topple etc. LOL.

If all goes well, gonna attempt a HALF hour of yoga tomorrow. Because I ALSO want to be one of those skinny old ladies forceful enough to get all up in your face and tell you JUST what is what, etc.

But, I will report back. I sincerely hope it's helpful and I sincerely hope it's useful remaining CAUTIOUSLY optimistic you know, following being like anxious for weeks. Can't do another day of that level of anxiety and NOT spontaneously combust, etc.

Anna

I'm very curious to hear how your snus experience goes.

• Love

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I finally broke down and placed an order with snus.us. I checked last night and I'm down to three cans of thunder raspberry. They had it on sale and I noticed that general mint was on sale and also got two free cans per roll so I added a couple rolls. I wish I could figure out a system where I get low on both at the same time but haven't yet.

• Optimistic

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Totally OT, again. I was just on FB and came across this post from the brother of the woman that lives in my house. It was a link to the youtube I'm posting here. I started watching it and I learned more than anything I had learned in the nearly 20 years that she has been here. I've questioned why I have allowed her to remain here many times as we've never been on the same page. However, I think I would be wrong to do otherwise after watching her brother describe their early years, I probably was the right person for the job.

If anyone watches this video, take note of the story about when he wraps a chain around a fellow's neck at the mall. When he brings the story up a second time, he had me crying this morning. I think I may have ended up here to bring some sanity to an otherwise dysfunctional group of people.

She just returned from three weeks with her son's family that has turned into a repeat nightmare. I got into a video chat with her son's wife two days before the flight home. My impression was that she looked and sounded manic about the topic at hand, their niece who flew out to see her cousins. I was right.

Yesterday, she said she wanted a divorce and wasn't going to settle on the new house that they are supposed to move into in two weeks. The last time, if you recall, she ended up in jail and was lucky the charges against her were dropped as she attacked police in the station. Last word is they went to the hospital last night. Not sure what's going on but there is definitely a psychological problem with this mother of 4.

Anyway here is the youtube.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I can't watch the video right now since I'm at work but that sounds like a real life soap opera.

I've been going back and forth with vapor beast about a month now. I bought an IPV eclipse that was faulty and had to return it. I tried emailing them twice before they sent the replacement to tell them that if I couldn't get the same color then I wanted a store credit. I didn't get a reply to my emails and received the wrong color replacement. I ended up calling on the phone and they sent a return tag for it. They said I'd have a credit as soon as the tracking showed movement. Nope. I waited until four days after the item was delivered to them and still no replies from emails or help desk. So I called again. They said I would have a credit within an hour. Nope. I received an email asking for the ticket number after I had just given them my information on the phone. Then they sent me a credit for a lower amount than I paid. I called again and was told I would have a corrected credit yesterday. Nope. I sent a message through the help desk requesting to talk to a manager or owner. I did talk to someone and chewed them out. I ended up getting an extra $10 of store credit after talking to this person. I'll never use them again after I use the store credit.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Isn't it a pain when you have to go thru all that to straighten out an issue.

Yeah, my life was pretty vanilla until 18 years ago. I had two parents that were always there for us, kept us in line and raised us right. Although there were some issues in my years up to the last 18, nothing to compare to now. It seems to be an ever evolving mess.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    You've come up with some pretty unique stories over the years. About the only out of the ordinary thing I had growing up was when my parents divorced when I was fairly young and my dad remarried this woman that was a lot younger and looked like a fat Ronald McDonald. She was quite the PITA growing up. She didn't want any of us kids there but we withstood her crap.

Users who are viewing this thread