hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My snus order was supposed to be delivered yesterday but my wife thought it was more important to take my daughter out running around shopping instead of being home to sign for it. They will make a second attempt today but there's no guarantee that she'll be there today. She has to take her dad to an eye appt. at 11 this morning. The delivery schedule says between 11-3. I don't know what happens after the second attempt. If my snus gets sent back to sweden then I'm going to be extremely ...... off.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    My brother had something similar with a UPS package. After the 3rd attempt he was told it was going back to the distribution center for a week and he had to come pick it up.

Long story short, he ended up pulling in the wrong entrance and was accosted by armed security. All because his roommate, who was home all three delivery attempts, didn't feel like answering the door.

• Optimistic

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That sucks Waho. I told her it was coming and I knew she had to take my daughter to return her school laptop but would have been home to sign for it if they hadn’t went to several stores shopping. I think it was pretty clear that I was mad last night when I got home.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    1/2 of one cigarette yesterday. I didn't even want to finish it honestly. Given my stress level, I'm going to call this an epic win. To be fair, I woke up wishing I had a pack in my hand, I'm moping around with chainvaping and hoping once I wake up, things will be BETTER. Not holding my breath, but also NOT holding a cigarette, either. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Nice Waho, good roommate.

Good luck Anna and, yes, have you tried the snus?

Got a morning surprise. The Carolina wrens finally hatched the last of the eggs and the little ones flew away. I had already bought new garage door controllers so next year will not have this issue. However....

Went to start cleaning up the bird droppings and finally free the bikes that were being held captive by those little guys. I pulled a cover off the one bike and threw it in the driveway. First I saw mud, then I saw ground bees all around me. Escaped without getting attacked. They're not doing as well.

I dislike those buggers. They nailed me good a couple years ago when I found a nest around where I had firewood rounds stacked. Really didn't want a repeat this year.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    1/2 of one cigarette yesterday. I didn't even want to finish it honestly. Given my stress level, I'm going to call this an epic win. To be fair, I woke up wishing I had a pack in my hand, I'm moping around with chainvaping and hoping once I wake up, things will be BETTER. Not holding my breath, but also NOT holding a cigarette, either. LOL.

Anna

You gotta take every win when you can. No matter how small. If you're having a bad craving then it's the right time to try the snus. Give it about ten minutes after putting in a portion and see if you aren't better.

• Love

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I haven't yet. After dinner seems to be my thing, I will try it then.

Oh, is it okay to vape until I'm seeing how the snus does, or should I like vape for a bit, THEN insert it.

I know it's crayzee but I'm sort of like, "I should save it until I need it or will KNOW I need it" and any meeting over 2 hours is it, but I should really test it out, I am going to have a day long SITE to SITE visit next week (this is a good thing, but I better know how to manage my snus. LOL)

It was like 4 bucks I don't know why I'm stressing so much about it! The husband has assured me we can stay out of the poorhouse for a bit, although frankly, IDK what that entails NOR do I want to ATM but at least well, it's looking like jobs are loosening up for me.

But yea, will try to avoid it tonight.

The "celebratory cigarette" is always a hard one, too. I mean, it's crazy: "Something good may happen so I have to like, shorten my life?"

I wish I made sense, even to myself. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: hittman

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    It'd be a boring world if we all made sense. Politicians would cease to exist, which probably isn't a bad thing. As far as vaping while using snus, sure why not? Before snus I was going through quite a bit of juice per day. Now a 5ml tank lasts me a whole day, 24 hours. So I figure the snus helps me cut back on my vaping. Win, win in my book. ;) And a quick edit, I do vape and snus at the same time with no ill effects. But I leave a snus portion in for usually around three hours so the vaping part is more the hand to mouth habit than anything nicotine related...

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    At one point I was vaping 32mg liquid with a snus portion in and would take a couple pinches of nasal snuff. I’ve quit the snuff except for maybe a couple pinches every few months and have worked myself down to 12mg liquid but I’m still using 6-7 portions a day. Two extra strong and 8mg on the rest. So I’d say it’s fine to vape and snus at the same time.

• Useful

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yesterday at work my old iPhone 5s finally gave up. It crashed for about three hours and wouldn't reboot. I did a full restore on it and then it got stuck in a loop for about an hour. It did finally come up but I am required to have a phone for work so I went last night and got a new one.

• Optimistic

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Congrats on the new phone! Hopefully it treats you well long past the point of "planned obsolescence."

On Monday I ended up spending $90 to learn I'm an idiot.

I have a Samsung S8+ which were the first Samsung phones with the new USB-C plug. It was fine for about 6 months until the port got "whomped out". I'd have to jiggle it around and get it just right to charge and lord help you if you bumped it. I've been dealing with it the last 8-9 months like that, until the last few weeks it was getting extreme, taking me 5-6 minutes to get it actually start charging and even then it would take 10-11 hours to fully charge.

There's a Verizon store across the street from my optometrist, so I stopped in after my appointment and bought a wireless charger. Of course the only one in the store is the $90 model with a ton of features that I don't need or want, but I just want my phone to charge.

I get it home, and the dock plugs in with the same USB-C the phone uses. It snaps in straight with a satisfying snick and it dawns on me. The plug sat in the phone at an angle with no satisfying snick, like it can't seat all the way because there's an obstruction. Grab a little flashlight and a needle and extricate the compacted dust/debris out of the one side of the port and the plug inserts with a satisfying snick and begins fast charging.

Basically all I needed to do was plug in another USB-C device, but now I've got a $90 wireless charger I don't want or need!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    1st day snus was helpful. Can't say too much about it yet, I need to try using it more. But yes, I could see how I could not vape for long periods with that stuff, which is what I will NEED it for so yay! Mainly trying to find the best "mouth placement" for my dentures etc. Gonna try again today, but mainly I think it will WORK. Lets hope I am WORKING. Didn''t make my mouth feel weird but my mouth has felt weird for a decade, about, LOL.

Anna

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It's for sure a great convenience in many situations.

Great for work where we only get two breaks (16 minutes and 30 minutes lunch) and it takes about 7 minutes one way to get to the door if you're really hustling. It's gotten me through a 4 hour college graduation ceremony, funerals, IKEA trips, hospital visits and doctors trips. I bought a small ecig to take kayaking so if I dump it in the lake/river I'm only out $20, but with snus I'm mainly hitting it as a security blanket.

I keep portions in the front upper lip to the right of the skin thingy that goes between the lip and gums. I had some soreness there at first but after a few days the skin toughens up and I can feel a difference in the gum texture almost like a soft callous. I've also noticed if I stick my tongue up there it feels like there's more room on the right side, like everything has stretched a bit to accommodate a portion.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My last iPhone lasted 4-5 years so I can't complain. I hope this one does as well.

1st day snus was helpful. Can't say too much about it yet, I need to try using it more. But yes, I could see how I could not vape for long periods with that stuff, which is what I will NEED it for so yay! Mainly trying to find the best "mouth placement" for my dentures etc. Gonna try again today, but mainly I think it will WORK. Lets hope I am WORKING. Didn''t make my mouth feel weird but my mouth has felt weird for a decade, about, LOL.

Anna

Congrats. It sounds like snus may work out for you.

• Agree

Users who are viewing this thread