hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was just doing some reading while eating lunch and saw this statement "Recent research also shows that too much sitting can be just as bad for your heart as smoking."

It's in this article The Worst Habits for Your Heart | Yahoo! Health.

Wait til the antis get a hold of this. Now they'll be trying to regulate our butts.

elb7

Verified Member
    Mar 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    It's not a 'regulation' but there is a strong trend towards stand-up computer desks for those of us who are chained to the darned things. I think it's a good idea as an alternative. If i can figure out where to put it, i'm going to look into one for my laptop - which is networked and has duplicates of most of the programs I use for work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    elb, I read about the stand up workstations somewhere else before. I think they were talking about people who work for Men's Health.

They also make mention in that article that smoking one cigarette a day has the same affect as smoking twenty. I have a hard time believing that.

thunder cool mint
    coffee

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    Hitt, I'm pretty sure there is a study out there that has shown that THINKING about smoking is just as harmful as smoking a pack a day. Just sayin' ;) I hope they don't regulate our butts, I'll be in big trouble. I have the middle age ... spread going on majorly. Buffet dinners at disney did not help.

Nothing to say. Had to do BOY work again today.

thunder original
    cheap burgundy wine

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I was just doing some reading while eating lunch and saw this statement "Recent research also shows that too much sitting can be just as bad for your heart as smoking."

It's in this article The Worst Habits for Your Heart | Yahoo! Health.

Wait til the antis get a hold of this. Now they'll be trying to regulate our butts.

I can hear it now, "Laying down is not a safe alternative to sitting".

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. Not much new since last night. I feel like I never even left work. The kids have stuff going on the next two nights so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get much done on the shower or not. At some point I have to take the kids out to shop for Mothers Day. I think I'll be about as glad as they are when school is finished in a few weeks.

Thunder berry
    coffee

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I didn't know they had 59 in los. I just can't bring myself to use los. I tried it in portions.

I got back from my daughters orchestra awards banquet and got the old silicon scraped and everything wiped down. Next will be installing the new frame and doors. At this rate I should be done in a month or so.

General mint
    24mg camel

Users who are viewing this thread