Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
I have several dozen flavorings and some one shot bottles but I haven't really found one I like well enough to vape all day. I also have very little time to experiment or even mix (due to a few of the other mandates coming out of Albany lately). I have been using Broke Dick retail flavors for the most part. I may have to go back to unflavored for a while.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I've heard a few Vape suppliers in Michigan are looking to circumvent the ban by having their flavor suppliers make/sell shots to be added to unflavored nic juice. Basically you'd just have to add the shot to the unflavored and you'd be good to go. So you'd order the nic juice from your favorite place and they'd either have a separate flavor shot available to purchase or they'd point you to their flavor supplier to buy the shots. Just unconfirmed rumblings right now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've heard a few Vape suppliers in Michigan are looking to circumvent the ban by having their flavor suppliers make/sell shots to be added to unflavored nic juice. Basically you'd just have to add the shot to the unflavored and you'd be good to go. So you'd order the nic juice from your favorite place and they'd either have a separate flavor shot available to purchase or they'd point you to their flavor supplier to buy the shots. Just unconfirmed rumblings right now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Several places already sell one shots but I can see the appeal of still being able to get your favorite. I assumed that most vendors that wanted to try to stay in business would move toward the one shot sales. A lot of vendor liquids also have clone recipes out on the web. That's how I got started doing diy. I was buying silverleaf menthol from puresmoker until they went out of business. I came up with something that was close enough that it worked for me and have been using it ever since. That was what got me into diy and has turned into a bit of hobby for me even though I feel like I'm not that great at coming up with my own recipes. However, there are a lot of recipes out there available that can be tweaked here and there to fit my tastes.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa

Yup, that will be the way to go. Not sure if the vendor would be able to sell the shots directly but a flavor shop that sells for other things certainly could. I some ways, I'd find that preferable myself.

I've been vaping Nicovape almost exclusively. They had left the business for awhile and he's now reduced his runs to just a few flavors. When you have something you really like, you have to wait until he recycles back to that flavor.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah Hitt, if that friend you mentioned that vaped grape, I believe, could buy a shot in his flavor, he'd only have to buy a 60 ml bottle of unflavored and just add a shot of flavor that would get him back to what he loves.

They could even sell the e liquid in a 60 ml bottle with room to add the shot.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don’t remember if I mentioned it here but I got into a discussion about vaping at work with a couple guys. It really surprised me how ignorant they were on the subject. Most people at work didn’t know that I vape.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don't know if I'm just not paying attention to my snus cans or if it's a new warning but I got some thunder raspberry out of the freezer last night and opened a can this morning. The warning on top said " this product can cause mouth cancer". Then on the side of the can it had another label that read "this is not a safe alternative to cigarettes". I tore the labels off and put in a portion. I swear, some of the crap they make the manufacturers put on this stuff is ridiculous.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Interesting, now that the flavor ban is in effect in Michigan I saw an update on the Mister E facebook page. Basically they are still offering all their juice but anything with candy/fruit/mint/menthol is only available in 0 nic. Their tobacco line, including those with flavoring like their RY4, which I use daily, is still being sold with nic. I figured that any juice with flavoring would be unavailable but it seems the banning rules are cloudy enough that dealers are using that to still sell flavored juice as long as it is deemed part of their tobacco line. Not sure that is the way the ban was intended but I'll take it as it means I can still get the juice I use for now. But I'm still going to order up some DYI stuff to try it at home because I'm sure this is only going to get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread