What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Waho, sorry about you fur baby loss but it sounds like you found one to ease the pain. My live in had a little female American Eskimo/Sheltie mix that had her issues as you never knew how she'd react to strangers. I was never a big fan. She got sick and had to be put down. Swearing never too get another dog (she was so upset about losing her), within two days she brought home Bella, a Maltchi, that a friend of hers gave her from her 9 dogs. Then the next week Gizmo showed up with a price tag for me to buy. I said no way but I was basically alone with him two days straight and he just loved me so I broke down and kept him. Now both of them hang out with her. Go figure.

As far as big poppa, he sounds like my Bear that was yellow lab/Shepherd mix. He was a solid 120 and a great dog. Hope you're as lucky. Cage training is the best method if you're not going to be around all day. I had a problem with Bear after the cage training on a few hours away from the house. He got into the bathroom and had tore up everything he could find on the LR carpet including the toothpaste.

I was so mad but not putting him back in the cage. I built an 8x8 cage with plywood in the basement. He spent the next year or so in there any time we left the house. One day he followed me down into the basement but balked at going in the pen. We had a heart to heart and I told him he had to be good. Was never a problem the rest of his life.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Requested photo attached!

He's currently 8 weeks old and full of puppy energy. We named him Winston, but that name was already taken for AKC registration. Knowing show dogs have crazy names and our last name roughly translating to "of the Cold Wind" in German, his official name is "Winston of the Cold Wind."

Attachments

• 20201111_162653.jpg
    20201111_162653.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 12

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Requested photo attached!

He's currently 8 weeks old and full of puppy energy. We named him Winston, but that name was already taken for AKC registration. Knowing show dogs have crazy names and our last name roughly translating to "of the Cold Wind" in German, his official name is "Winston of the Cold Wind."

Cute puppy! You have to admit that he has this look on his face in that pic that he's thinking " What the heck are you doing to me".

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Thanks Rebel.

Waho, he is so cute. I still remember T Bear coming back from Blue Ball to home at 10 weeks. It was over an hour trip and I stopped a couple times just to make sure I didn't have anything to clean up in the car and let him smell around a bit.

That was the shortest Japanese Maple "bloom" I ever saw. It really turned red overnight, took the picture Monday afternoon and is almost bare today as we've had rain for two days. Glad I didn't wait to take a picture.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I saw a flyer at a local gas station that said the Kansas City council is talking about doing a flavor ban on all tobacco products including ecigs. It’s really pretty stupid. I can drive eight minutes and be outside city limits to get whatever I want. It’s just going to cost them revenue in the end.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Kind of slow in here lately. It just hit me as I was laying here, trying to recover from sawing a half cord or so of firewood and loading/unloading it on my trailer, I've been retired exactly two weeks longer than I worked at the job I retired from. It doesn't seem possible other than how difficult I found it getting the larger rounds on the trailer.

Somebody in town had taken down two or three large trees and was giving the wood away free so I figured I had more room along my lane so I took the opportunity. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep doing this kind of stuff, I can certainly feel the difference from ten years ago.

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Kind of slow in here lately. It just hit me as I was laying here, trying to recover from sawing a half cord or so of firewood and loading/unloading it on my trailer, I've been retired exactly two weeks longer than I worked at the job I retired from. It doesn't seem possible other than how difficult I found it getting the larger rounds on the trailer.

Somebody in town had taken down two or three large trees and was giving the wood away free so I figured I had more room along my lane so I took the opportunity. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep doing this kind of stuff, I can certainly feel the difference from ten years ago.

I personally think it's great you are still able to do all that kind of stuff. I'm almost afraid to retire since I've seen so many people go downhill after retiring. I don't have to worry about that for a while though. I just turned 50 this year. I do wonder how long I'll be able to or even want to do the work that I do now. I had been having bad foot pain and went to the chiropractor and she was able to help me but the next day my lower back hurt like heck and no medicine would even touch it. On top of that, work has been a royal pain all week. I spent six hours working on a machine yesterday and couldn't get my palm pilot to sync the software update I needed for the machine. I finally this morning was able to get in touch with the top engineer at the factory and get some help with it and got it figured out.

• Optimistic

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Palm Pilot, I didn't even think they still made them. I had to google them to see if you were working with obsolete equipment, but no, they're still selling them. However, they were gone for around 8 years until the Chinese picked up the brand. Are you using the obsolete or the new?

I don't think the dying part correlates to retirement as much as just the luck of the draw. I've had people in my life die in their early 40s, 50s and 60s, long before retirement. The one place it might have an effect is on people that lived for their job. Not having it any longer could have adverse effects.

I was glad I had a chiro appointment scheduled today. My monthly visit helps me keep going. My guy is a genius. I complained about my lower back not mentioning my upper woes and he found them on his own. Don't know what I'd do if he decides to retire.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Palm Pilot, I didn't even think they still made them. I had to google them to see if you were working with obsolete equipment, but no, they're still selling them. However, they were gone for around 8 years until the Chinese picked up the brand. Are you using the obsolete or the new?

I don't think the dying part correlates to retirement as much as just the luck of the draw. I've had people in my life die in their early 40s, 50s and 60s, long before retirement. The one place it might have an effect is on people that lived for their job. Not having it any longer could have adverse effects.

I was glad I had a chiro appointment scheduled today. My monthly visit helps me keep going. My guy is a genius. I complained about my lower back not mentioning my upper woes and he found them on his own. Don't know what I'd do if he decides to retire.

I think it’s obsolete. It’s a Tungsten E2 palm pilot. I bought it used for $40 just to work on this one model of welder. In their infinite wisdom, Miller Electric made a machine called an Axcess 450 that the only way you could access programs, error logs, or update software was with a palm pilot or a laptop and it’s a crap shoot with the laptop software to find a usb to serial cable that works. The factory rep said some work and some don’t. They couldn’t tell me which ones do.The machine hasn’t been made in a few years now. The Tungsten was cheap. The cable we had to buy from Miller to connect to the machine was $425.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Oof, now I don't feel as bad about needing a $15 cable for my $25 printer.

Pups probably doubled in size the last few weeks. We have him going to a doggie day care now for socialization and some basic training is included. There's an adult yellow lab there that he has decided is his best buddy and tries to wrestle 70lbs out of his weight class.

Attachments

• 20201128_211951.jpg
      20201128_211951.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 7

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Love the Dogs :w00t:

Suffering the last two weeks, had one tooth pulled the 16th, then had two more pulled the 1st, really sucks. Now after it all heals, I need to look at getting a couple of bridges. Lost chew teeth on the bottom, and one in the top front, so hard to chew and hard to bite something. Only lost 5 teeth over my life (3 in the last couple of weeks) and now I have lost 4 on the bottom, 2 on each side. Really sucks, but I'll get thru it. Looking forward to being able to chew something besides soft stuff again. Haven't been able to eat bacon in over a month, really sucks. :(

Users who are viewing this thread