What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
At least it wasn't the disposal. I never had that problem since I've always lived where I had a septic system and they didn't make disposal systems for septic tanks in the early years. Plus, the only time I ever had a septic system issue was a few years ago when the line fractured. That was the only time I had the tank flushed.

Your electric issue reminds me of the one I had a couple years ago in my garage. The outlet I had my freezer on was dead, I thought, but turned out to be low voltage. It drove me crazy. After troubleshooting, I found the outlet was on the same circuit as my main bathroom GFCI which led me out to my main deck where I found the culprit. When they re-sided my house, they loosened one of the wires on that outlet.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Our house was built new when we bought it about 20 years ago. I guess I shouldn’t complain if a switch lasted that long. I’m curious to hear what the repair guy gives for an estimate on the fridge today. If it’s too much then we’ll look for a new one.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The repair guy came yesterday to fix our ice maker on the fridge. I kind of forgot about it but my wife had complained about the fridge making a funny high pitched sound sometimes so she had the guy check that too. I guess there was a line that was bad going to the ice maker and he ordered the auger motor and the noise she has been hearing was the fan motor on the back. So he ordered the two parts and will come back but was able to fix the line yesterday so it's making ice again. It wasn't cheap but still came out less than a third of the price of buying a new one.

My wife said that the repair guy was going on about how it was better that we fixed ours since his experience has been that the life of the newer ones isn't very good.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    How old is your fridge? I thought your ice issue had something to do with your line. When you hear that from a repair guy you have to wonder if they're just looking to keep busy. However, I was told the same thing when I had my original issue with my icemaker where the water control module (or whatever it's called) went bad. I had gone to HD looking at a new fridge and the salesman said if I can get it fixed, do it. The old ones are much more reliable than the new ones.

It's believable too. I bent the one leveler on my new range when I slide it back in place and it caught on a dent in the flooring from my old range. It bent the medal the foot fit in and damaged it so badly I had to innovate to get a new leg on to balance.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    How old is your fridge? I thought your ice issue had something to do with your line. When you hear that from a repair guy you have to wonder if they're just looking to keep busy. However, I was told the same thing when I had my original issue with my icemaker where the water control module (or whatever it's called) went bad. I had gone to HD looking at a new fridge and the salesman said if I can get it fixed, do it. The old ones are much more reliable than the new ones.

It's believable too. I bent the one leveler on my new range when I slide it back in place and it caught on a dent in the flooring from my old range. It bent the medal the foot fit in and damaged it so badly I had to innovate to get a new leg on to balance.

We bought this fridge in 2011 so it's about nine years old. The auger motor quit about the time the covid stuff started and the wife didn't want a repair guy in the house so we have just been opening the door to get ice. It just recently quit making ice. At first after he came it started making ice immediately but I don't think it's making it fast enough. This morning I checked and there was hardly anything in the bucket. He's supposed to be coming back Monday with the other parts but I left my wife a note to call the place today since it's not making ice as fast as it should. I do know that I'm not paying them any more money and if they can't get this figured out then I'm going to expect a partial refund.

• Optimistic

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I feel so fortunate to have bought the GE stuff I had and the Kitchenaid fridge that I bought at the same time. The dishwasher lasted close to 20 years, the microwave 23 and was still working fine except the door handle broke for the third time and when I went to put another one on the plastic was all pretty bad. When I found a new mw on craigslist that didn't fit their kitchen at over $100 off that was the end of the microwave this year. After putting the mw in, the range just looked so bad and the big burner wasn't being controlled properly when I replaced that part, I decided on a new one.

The almond fridge looks funny with all the stainless steel but after replacing the icemaker and how it cranks out ice, it's going to have to die before I replace it.

Anyway, anyone having any mucus issues from vaping? I've been doing more of it lately and my throat is phlegming up. I think I'm going to take a break from it for awhile and see if it cleans itself up. Quitting smoking it cleared up in a couple weeks. Hopefully stopping vaping will do the same thing.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Anyway, anyone having any mucus issues from vaping? I've been doing more of it lately and my throat is phlegming up. I think I'm going to take a break from it for awhile and see if it cleans itself up. Quitting smoking it cleared up in a couple weeks. Hopefully stopping vaping will do the same thing.
    I went through the same type of problem, sort of. When I switched to vaping, things got great, lungs cleared, I was breathing better, but after 4+ years of vaping, it was going backwards. I decided to try Snus, and have not looked back. I thought my problem was the hand to mouth from smoking and would not know what to do if it was not there, so I quit smoking with vaping, but it was the nicotine, and Snus solved that need. I haven't looked back. It has been several years since I vaped, and I don't miss it. Just my experience.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I feel so fortunate to have bought the GE stuff I had and the Kitchenaid fridge that I bought at the same time. The dishwasher lasted close to 20 years, the microwave 23 and was still working fine except the door handle broke for the third time and when I went to put another one on the plastic was all pretty bad. When I found a new mw on craigslist that didn't fit their kitchen at over $100 off that was the end of the microwave this year. After putting the mw in, the range just looked so bad and the big burner wasn't being controlled properly when I replaced that part, I decided on a new one.

The almond fridge looks funny with all the stainless steel but after replacing the icemaker and how it cranks out ice, it's going to have to die before I replace it.

I do get phlegm if I vape a lot before bed at night.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I do get phlegm if I vape a lot before bed at night.

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of that lately. So much so that I'd take a few puffs right before going to sleep, almost like I was smoking. It's not good having a cough right now. People give you strange looks. I've felt like saying, "Don't worry, my mask protects you and your mask protects me". Then cough again. lol

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got my order from buysnus yesterday. I picked up a few cans of skruf nyans manstoft that I had heard good things about on the snuscentral FB page. It's pretty good. Very nice salt and caramel with tobacco. I'll see how it goes with these three cans but could see adding this one to my rotation.

Reactions: The Rebel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well finished up the splitting just when FB reminded me of seven years ago. Decided to show that pic plus how my HF canopy with custom made tarp held up for three years so far and some of the wood waiting to be dealt with next year. Those 42"ers are going to be a challenge, all 20 of them.
    Wood 2020 Final.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Splitting Wood. Yeah, so glad no one has ALLOWED let alone ASKED me to do that yet. I bet I could. The husband SEVERELY underestimated my ability to burn down over an acre of weeds in Tucson and it consisted of "Fire? Yes? Water? Yes? Lemme test the wind..... Lemme test the hose. Okay. Go away now. Come back later."

So he watched me for like 45 minutes from the back window then let me have at it. My joy did not diminish as my strength waned, that is for sure.

It took a few days recovery time. But it was so fun. If you are a pyro it is good to know how fire works, safer for everyone. I transmitted it via my son who lit fireworks every year passing the torch to my little nephew. He's smart, he will be fine.

LOL I am gonna surprise someone with a chainsaw someday.

That sounds bad but it's not what I mean, exactly.
    Anna

@hittman, for what it's worth don't do even ONE video review. Those people are like either masochists, incompetents, with the occasional one that does it well. I am the first two I can't finish but I can't give up all that TIME IT SUCKS. Doing something evens sorta new on camera while talking is like super not my forte. OMG.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, you've become a world class vaping reviewer. I'll know where to go if vaping equipment gets hard to find. lol Speaking of which, my phlegm situation is much , much better. No more wheezing and sleeping solid during the night. The cilia aren't completely healed but everything is 80% better. I take a puff or two once in a while just because I miss the flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread