hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Had a weird thought today. Went out for a ride to make a few shopping stops in my S2000 that is sans radio at the time. It hit me that had I met someone my current age after getting out of the Army back in '71, that person would have been born in the 1800s. Strange what you think about when there's no music to listen to.

I’m just glad no one can hear my thoughts when I run on the treadmill. Sometimes I get on there and my mind really wanders.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My oldest that lives three hours away had a battery die on her and someone jump started her with these cheap jumper cables and it melted the cables and knocked out her 12v lighter receptacle power and her radio. The boyfriend was supposed to look at it before she came home yesterday for rehearsal for a small show she's going to be in but he didn't so I got to look at it out in the driveway with 90 degree temperature. There was one fuse bad in the panel which was hard to get to but that fixed the receptacle but the stereo still didn't work. I did a little digging online and found that the Kenwood deck she has comes with a 10 amp fuse in the back. So I had to take the faceplate off the dash and pull the radio out to get to the back. It was a mini auto fuse and I didn't have any so checked a couple places and ended up running to this gas station and found some. Put it in and everything is working again. Her boyfriend is about useless when it comes to any kind of repair work and I'm pretty sure he would have never figured it out.

Reactions: rothenbj

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    There's nothing quite like diagnosing and solving problems to get that accomplished feeling.

My friends sister has worked in the Secret Service for over a decade, and married a guy from the FBI swat team. He's a macho full of himself type of guy, but whenever it comes to fixing anything or stuff like hooking a water line into a fridge, she does it because he doesn't know which end of the wrench is the working end.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    My neighbor showed up on my front porch yesterday with his hedge trimmer, scared the hell out of me because he didn't hit the doorbell or knock. I went out and he's asking if I have a hedge trimmer, standing not 2 feet from hedges I trimmed on Sunday. I point at the hedges and say yeah I have an electric one. He asks if it works, seemingly oblivious to the recently gestured at freshly trimmed hedges 2 feet away. He asks if my weed whacker is broken, because "all the neighbors say my yard is an eyesore." He also pulls out prints of the local ordinances attempting to point out the stuff about brush piles and weed heights, but I kindly inform him he's trespassing and he's got 60 seconds to vacate before I call the police.

Long story short, I have a brush pile I've been attempting to get a burn permit for, but it's been super dry the last month so it's getting denied. Apparently it's so offensive to his line of sight in his back yard he's ready to call the township. I sincerely hope he does call them, because his junk pile (including a rusted out car and a washing machine) in his back yard is certainly outside of compliance. And that's something the neighbors have complained about vs him hiding behind that excuse like a coward.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: bsidb

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, I have a whole container of those mini fuses. Someone in this house has a tendency of blowing them for some reason. You'd think the manufacturers could find more convenient location at times. My uncle's Nissan Versa is nice. there's a change drawer on the left side if the steering wheel that you pull all the way off and the fuses are right there.

I have an issue with the radio in the S2000 which I mentioned a couple days ago. It was wired with a power amp in the trunk that I had to pull when water was getting into the trunk and I had to pull the lining. I hooked it all back up a few weeks ago and nothing. I ran connectivity on the speaker wires and wasn't getting any on the one side and there's a light on the amp that isn't lit. I haven't had time or the desire to try to figure it out. Watched a couple videos but nothing has inspired me to deal with it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My neighbor showed up on my front porch yesterday with his hedge trimmer, scared the hell out of me because he didn't hit the doorbell or knock. I went out and he's asking if I have a hedge trimmer, standing not 2 feet from hedges I trimmed on Sunday. I point at the hedges and say yeah I have an electric one. He asks if it works, seemingly oblivious to the recently gestured at freshly trimmed hedges 2 feet away. He asks if my weed whacker is broken, because "all the neighbors say my yard is an eyesore." He also pulls out prints of the local ordinances attempting to point out the stuff about brush piles and weed heights, but I kindly inform him he's trespassing and he's got 60 seconds to vacate before I call the police.

Long story short, I have a brush pile I've been attempting to get a burn permit for, but it's been super dry the last month so it's getting denied. Apparently it's so offensive to his line of sight in his back yard he's ready to call the township. I sincerely hope he does call them, because his junk pile (including a rusted out car and a washing machine) in his back yard is certainly outside of compliance. And that's something the neighbors have complained about vs him hiding behind that excuse like a coward.

I thought you lived out in the country a bit. Are you in a development? It sounds to me like that guys yard sounds a lot worse than yours. Maybe you should call on him. I don't get why he had the hedge trimmer in his hand if your hedges were freshly trimmed and it was obvious.

Hitt, I have a whole container of those mini fuses. Someone in this house has a tendency of blowing them for some reason. You'd think the manufacturers could find more convenient location at times. My uncle's Nissan Versa is nice. there's a change drawer on the left side if the steering wheel that you pull all the way off and the fuses are right there.

I have an issue with the radio in the S2000 which I mentioned a couple days ago. It was wired with a power amp in the trunk that I had to pull when water was getting into the trunk and I had to pull the lining. I hooked it all back up a few weeks ago and nothing. I ran connectivity on the speaker wires and wasn't getting any on the one side and there's a light on the amp that isn't lit. I haven't had time or the desire to try to figure it out. Watched a couple videos but nothing has inspired me to deal with it.

Is it a stock radio or an aftermarket? I checked the stock radio first hoping I could pull a fuse out of it instead of going to the store. Yes, I had her old stereo in the basement. I'm a packrat. The stock radio didn't have a fuse but the Kenwood did. Do you get power to the radio and no sound? The output to the speakers was probably running through the amplifier and may need to be connected differently to the radio.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Whenever we go to move it's definitely going to be more remote/secluded.

When we first moved here it was all retired folks had lawn care services. Now 4 of the 8 homes have younger families and another has two 20 year olds in it. The working folks with kids and other responsibilities that might let their lawns go a day or two past the point a certain neighbor would want them mowed.

My wife went around and talked to all the neighbors yesterday to see if they were actually complaining. Not only were they stunned as the yard looks fine, but they all mentioned how all he does is trash talk the other neighbors and no one's excluded from his ire.

The neighbors that let us walk our dog in their woods went to high school with him and said he's always been a #$&! and suggested we have a block party. My other adjoining neighbor has a food truck, so we'll all chip in for his BBQ and pile all our brush together and have a shin dig he can watch.

Screenshot_20210609-114920_Maps.jpg

It's fairly country here, but the south side of my street is the city and the north is township. Kind of the best of both worlds as we have almost 2 acres but still 5 minutes from Home Depot.

I'm not going to call the township on him, but if they show up on my doorstep the gloves are coming off. Along with his junk pile, he's growing pot well outside of the state requirements to do so. Not to mention there's an ordinance for "noxious fumes" and the smell is constantly wafting into my yard.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah Hitt, that's what I was thinking, it's the stock radio. I'm wondering if there's a fuse on that power amp that's blown since the light isn't lit. How they ran the cabling is another issue. It's just one of those projects that is lower on the list.

My latest one came up when my buddy that past away's compressor blew a whole. It's been here for at least 15 years and it wasn't real new when he left it. It hardly ever got drained as it got used so infrequently. A 12 gallon Craftsman that was always a pain to use just to fill some tires. Once I bought a 6 gallon that came with guns and stapler, it pretty much sat.

I had decided to get a retractable reel a couple years ago thinking I'd hook it up to it to use quickly in the garage and for tires but i either had to move it to the other side of the garage where there was no room or leave it where it was and run it's hose over the garage doors and down to the reel. Never got it done.

So I picked up another 6 gallon Craftsman on sale, hooked it up to the reel and am placing it next to it or under it on a workbench (haven't decided, first I have to find the air leak). It will work out wellas I have the hose from the 12 gallon to attach to the mobile 6 gallon when I get started on the replacing of boards on the second deck.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Waho, I said it was peaceful here but not always. I had that neighbor that sounds like yours. I wasn't here a month and she introduced herself to me. All she did was complain about the neighbor on the other side. All I could think of while she was talking was how long she'd be complaining about me.

Their kid was into baseball and he had a pitching machine and batting cage and they'd be hitting balls at 11 PM at night less than 50 yards from the bedroom window. I never said a word. However they .....ed about cats in their yard (I suspect they might have made them disappear) and my dog occasionally wondered ito their yard. T'd me off so bad at one point I went out and bought posts and fencing and ran it between our yards.

They must have been around for the first 5 years and gave/sold the house to their son. The day they were done moving, he told his son that it was going to kill him leaving his house. He dropped dead that night. The son's an idiot too but he at least keeps to himself.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    When I first got the house my wife and I were 26 and 25. He was the first neighbor I met and said something along the lines of all the neighbors were worried we were going to be loud/have parties being less than half the age of everyone else. Then he immediately started complaining about all the neighbors. Should have been my tip off right there.

He whined that the (legally required) fence around our pool blocked his views before we had it filled in, so the thought of putting a nice tall privacy fence between our yards has crossed my mind. My wife suggested doing that and hanging Black Lives Matter and Pride flags on his side what with him being a massive racist and bigot.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    When I first got the house my wife and I were 26 and 25. He was the first neighbor I met and said something along the lines of all the neighbors were worried we were going to be loud/have parties being less than half the age of everyone else. Then he immediately started complaining about all the neighbors. Should have been my tip off right there.

He whined that the (legally required) fence around our pool blocked his views before we had it filled in, so the thought of putting a nice tall privacy fence between our yards has crossed my mind. My wife suggested doing that and hanging Black Lives Matter and Pride flags on his side what with him being a massive racist and bigot.

That would be hilarious!

• Agree
    Reactions: rothenbj

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    What a hassle. Cleaning up four bikes, three which hadn't moved in two years plus trying to get my garage in control has been a project. Although the bikes were covered, they were filthy. Now they're cleaned up and I got a start on the garage itself. At least tomorrow is going to be nice so I should have some control over it by tomorrow night. I have decided that the one I haven't cleaned has to go. It's a 400cc scooter but there just isn't enough room for it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    What kind of stuff Hitt? I guess some have figured out how to deal with the US gov't.

Geekvape Legend 2, Nano pod, Z50 kit.
    Vaporesso GTX GO 40 and 80
    Voopoo Vinci 2, Vinci X 2, Vinci Pod
    Suorin Air Pro, Ace, Trident
    Yihi SX mini nano
    VapX Art
    Innokin Z80

And I’m testing the Lost Vape Grus 100 kit I just got.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have all of my overflow in the basement. Besides the 12-14 I keep in rotation, I have two large storage tubs and about 10-12 cardboard boxes full of stuff. I'm a packrat at heart. I figure once the hammer drops and we can't get stuff shipped then I'll dig through and use some of the stuff again. That doesn't count my eight cases filled with flavors for mixing and a mini freezer full of snus and 100mg nic.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My wife told me last night that she found a "vape pen" in my daughter's room that is home from college. She'll be 21 in August. It did surprise me but honestly doesn't bother me that much. I told my wife who smokes that I'm just glad it wasn't a pack of cigarettes because that would be a lot harder to quit.

Reactions: Doffy

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    LOL, I think my stash at this point will outlive me but I know where to look if I'm wrong.

I can't believe your youngest is now approaching 21. It seems like just yesterday she was graduating from HS.

My garage cleanup is going much slower than I anticipated. I got in there and immediately decided to sell my oldest pike, the 400cc scooter. I was just tired of battling to get through to whatever I needed. I put it on FB and you would think it was gold. I got a buyer way faster than I anticipated. So much so that I didn't get to tomorrow so I could run it in and get it inspected. It sat for two years since it never moved once Covid hit. I was surprised it fired right up.

Then I found this large box that I remembered from before I bought my second scooter. I had one lined up that had a stock seat on it and no top box. I bought both used on the scooter site, then I found the scooter I really loved and it had all those upgrades. I put the seat up for sale and it was sold and picked up today. The top box is now on my scooter as the original one was looking shabby. I'm going to sand it down and see if I can get it looking decent again.

I've filled both trash and recycle tubs with trash not coming until Wednesday. I think I'll have a conversation with my neighbor. He never has a full load.

Users who are viewing this thread