What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Finally got those trees trimmed and gutters cleaned. Hitt.

Where's your daughter going to school and how did they make out looking at properties. Not a bad idea on buying something but, if things out there are around here, property prices are crazy. Properties are selling for more than listing price with multiple offers. Yesterday, I brought up a listing I saw for $299k of a townhouse that I saw on FB to the manager of the bar I run poker in. She said her neighbor sold one for something like $340k, $30-40k more than they had it listed for in three days.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Finally got those trees trimmed and gutters cleaned. Hitt.

Where's your daughter going to school and how did they make out looking at properties. Not a bad idea on buying something but, if things out there are around here, property prices are crazy. Properties are selling for more than listing price with multiple offers. Yesterday, I brought up a listing I saw for $299k of a townhouse that I saw on FB to the manager of the bar I run poker in. She said her neighbor sold one for something like $340k, $30-40k more than they had it listed for in three days.

Yes, feels good to have the trees and gutters done. She decided she doesn’t like Wichita any more so is transferring to the nursing program at Fort Scott but wants to live in Pittsburgh KS. There are some small houses there that are pretty reasonable. I’m just kind of nervous about buying another house. My wife and her are going to go look at some tomorrow. If anything looks good to them then I’ll go look myself.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    My wife and I are helping (aka doing everything) her grandma sell her house after moving into an apartment. It was on market for 72 hours before getting 3 offers $30k over asking and $80k more than it was purchased for 5 years ago.

We live a few miles away, so the realtor has been at our house a few times and my wife asked what we could potentially get for this place. With the fresh remodel, she guessed between $275k and $300k. I paid 99k and did roughly $70k in remodel/filling in the pool, so not a bad increase.

In other news, my wife is pregnant with our first kid. Should be due sometime in mid March or early April, but it's still too soon to nail down more accurately. Pretty excited thus far!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My wife and I are helping (aka doing everything) her grandma sell her house after moving into an apartment. It was on market for 72 hours before getting 3 offers $30k over asking and $80k more than it was purchased for 5 years ago.

We live a few miles away, so the realtor has been at our house a few times and my wife asked what we could potentially get for this place. With the fresh remodel, she guessed between $275k and $300k. I paid 99k and did roughly $70k in remodel/filling in the pool, so not a bad increase.

In other news, my wife is pregnant with our first kid. Should be due sometime in mid March or early April, but it's still too soon to nail down more accurately. Pretty excited thus far!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the baby! That’s great news. I’m sure you’ll enjoy being a dad.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Looks like there are some reasonably priced homes in that area. I found one that was really cheap and cute that I was going to suggest until I saw it was under lease and it didn't say how long the lease ran.

The prices there are more like the prices in VA where I have my other house. It is nothing like the prices around here, that's for sure.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Been quite in here. :tumble:
    Wife had her knee replaced July 21st, and it has been a lot being her caregiver, but she seems to be doing good with the recovery. Go to the doctor Thursday for an evaluation on how well it is working. Hopefully all is healing OK.

Good luck and I hope she heals quickly.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Burnie, I wish her well.

My brain has been telling me it's time for a body replacement. Have they gotten to that level of replacements yet. I don't need too much. I'd settle for a 40 year old model as long as it was in as good shape as mine was at 40. lol Heck, I'd even settle for a 50 or 60 year old at this point. lol

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    GF got a shock today. Her sister call nearly crying and said she'd be home in ten minutes and she wanted her to set up a three way with their other sister. Now you have to know these three Italian/Irish women. I could only listen for the first couple minutes but I wanted to see if it was what I thought, their brother. It was.

He had posted on FB about a week and a half ago about a bad night he had with severe pain. It went away and everything seemed fine. He posted a couple days later saying they found him to have allergies. Well somewhere between those two events it was determined he has covid. He's now in the hospital, intubated with blood clots. He just moved to Utah maybe three weeks ago and they told his son he should get to the hospital. He's in Texas so it doesn't sound good. That's about when the conversation got wild so I left the room.

Of course, even that news wasn't enough to inspire her to get the jab.

• Optimistic

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    GF got a shock today. Her sister call nearly crying and said she'd be home in ten minutes and she wanted her to set up a three way with their other sister. Now you have to know these three Italian/Irish women. I could only listen for the first couple minutes but I wanted to see if it was what I thought, their brother. It was.

He had posted on FB about a week and a half ago about a bad night he had with severe pain. It went away and everything seemed fine. He posted a couple days later saying they found him to have allergies. Well somewhere between those two events it was determined he has covid. He's now in the hospital, intubated with blood clots. He just moved to Utah maybe three weeks ago and they told his son he should get to the hospital. He's in Texas so it doesn't sound good. That's about when the conversation got wild so I left the room.

Of course, even that news wasn't enough to inspire her to get the jab.

Sorry to hear that Roth. People think this thing is a joke. One of my coworkers was in the hospital for a month with it.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I still have some that you sent me Hitt about 8 years ago when I first joined this forum. I haven't used any in a long time, but now that you planted the seed I might revisit a pinch just for old times sake. I was always partial to the mentholated snuff as it worked wonders for cleaning out the passages when I was stuffed up. Can't say I really miss the drainage or brown Kleenex after blowing my nose though...

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I still have some that you sent me Hitt about 8 years ago when I first joined this forum. I haven't used any in a long time, but now that you planted the seed I might revisit a pinch just for old times sake. I was always partial to the mentholated snuff as it worked wonders for cleaning out the passages when I was stuffed up. Can't say I really miss the drainage or brown Kleenex after blowing my nose though...

Yeah, I already have sinus issues and the snuff doesn’t help. I still have full containers of honey bee from a group buy and a ton of different ones that have been tried of different brands. Seems a shame to let it all go to waste.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Opened a can of discontinued Thunder Raspberry last night, still really good, but I had forgot how strong it is. I guess when I was using it a lot I was used to it.

I think I have three or four cans left in the freezer I'm saving for special occasions. I'd give my left foot for a couple rolls of it.

• Agree

bsidb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    Does anyone here still use nasal snuff? I have a bunch of it in my desk at work and haven't used any in a long time. Is anyone interested?
    I would like to try nasal snuff, I know I'm not a regular here I was just looking to see what is preferred by members as I've been using pouches which is what is available here, and I like them

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I would like to try nasal snuff, I know I'm not a regular here I was just looking to see what is preferred by members as I've been using pouches which is what is available here, and I like them

Do you have any idea what type you want to try? I can try to pick something if you don't know. I'll of course expect you to cover the shipping charge.

bsidb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    what iv tried
    pouches.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread