rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
$8 a can is ridiculous.

Rebel, what site is that. I'm starting to miss my Saturday poker.

I went to HD yesterday to pick up a new leaf blower. My not too old Echo, maybe ten years old, wouldn't pull. Took the spark plug out, pulled fine. Put the plug back in and took off the flywheel cover and it turns but it sounded like something was moving around in there. I'm wondering if something broke on the starter side.

Anyway, they are limiting the number of people in the store. I had ordered on line to avoid spending a lot of time and was able to go right in.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Roth, the app is Pokerbros. It's just your usual run of the mill poker player app. You can join tables, play different blinds, etc. I'm sure they want you to spend money somehow but we use it strictly to play with each other. The guy who found the app created a group within the app and sends out invites to join. Once you're in his group he can schedule a tourney and then we Paypal him the buyin and he sends us the necessary coins in the app to join the tourney. After the tourney starts, the app takes over and it's game on to the winner. Pay out is determined by participation and then he'll Paypal the winners. Easy, peasy.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Thanks Rebel.

Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down! Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over! The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ........yes, you guessed it .....pull myself together.

Actually, the only inanimate object I actually talk to on a regular basis is my PC because it responds well to me unless it gets a virus.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
I get that a couple of times on the UPS package tracking, hitt. Still only took 3 days a couple weeks ago. It might be a little slower since the delivery services are being hammered right now .

Rebel, glad you can pull your PTO. I have 110 hrs that they wouldn't let me touch. I'm just hoping it's still there if and when we go back. It took me 22 years to accrue that kind of vacation bank.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
It's a curse as much as it's a blessing Fire. When I go back and hopefully I do and also hopefully it's sooner than later, I'll have no vacation time left to use for the rest of the year. But I think I'd take that over the alternative. I haven't updated my resume in 20 years and certainly don't want to now. Statistics don't stand in my favor when it comes to finding a new job very easily. Most companies look for the young cheap employee that they can manipulate and mold. Not the experienced seasoned vet who, although well qualified, comes at a higher price. My faith in my company will be tested especially if those who are left prove themselves up to the job under this reduced manpower. Hard for a company to increase it's payroll again after seeing the profits when it can just up the load on the remaining souls.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hitt, was that the pneumonia guy?

Yes, he put on quite the theatrical show that day. He was off for a week and a half and came back to work without a doctors note. He was also the one that was complaining that we should get off work with full pay during the lockdown.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I hear you on all that, Rebel. My husband is still there on the "essential" crew. A good portion of the folks that are working aren't what you would call star employees. I'm sure revenue is down on what they are running just by what they are keeping employed. They are running all lines on 1/3 staff and most of them aren't very motivated.

There are a couple of other local companies that are hiring like mad because they make medical and military items. How long those jobs would last after the panic buying is over is another question entirely.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Rebel, I hear you on your concerns, they sound a lot like mine when I got into my 50s. We had gone thru, I think it was three, mergers and that always concerns you as they're "looking for synergies". Each one puts you on the block but age starts to be an issue.

I had decided that I was ready to retire at 50 but the loss of the health benefit kept me looking at 55 when I would be eligible. I forget if I was 52 or 53 when we had a skip level interview with our boss's boss which put me in meeting with the VP.

We had a good meeting, pretty much your typical status meeting that you'd have with your boss. Towards the end, he posed that question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?". Talk about brain computations that needed to come up with the words in microseconds.

I leveled straight up with what my plan was knowing full well that I really didn't know the man very well at all. After I finished he told me he was glad I was honest with him. We chatted a bit more and then ended the meeting.

Now, as I said, I didn't know him real well and the fact that momma didn't raise a fool, I sat down and wrote an email to my boss explaining the discussion. That brought the heat but it served its purpose. I guaranteed myself untouchable to 55.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ll be 50 later this year and think about that sometimes. I doubt very seriously that I’ll be able to retire early. The other thing that I think about is if I want to or will be able to do what I do now in another ten years.

• Optimistic

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I made an order as well Hitt but through snus express. They had a sale on General original for $2.41 a can plus 15% off the total order. Shipping ate a lot of that but I still got 4 rolls at $3.30 a can shipped to my door. No mint though, tough finding that right now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ve been buying and using some Naturally extracted tobacco concentrates. I got this Latakia fire cured one that really reminds me of the smoky scent of railroad snuff if anyone remembers that one. It tastes like the snuff smelled to me.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Have you been DYIing it or buying it as eliquid?

I’ve bought several Nets from stixxmix. Some are good solo and some are better with mixes. I made a mix with Nicaraguan viso, glamour chocolate, and caramel butter that I thought came out good.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It'll be a month I've been off work in a couple days. Unlike the strike last year I've actually gotten stuff accomplished.

Replaced the pads/rotors and shoes/drums on my truck, fixed the tailgate that quit opening a few months back and replaced the evap solenoid getting rid of a check engine light that's been shining bright for 3 years.

My generator was leaking oil that I tracked down to the crankcase gasket, so I tore that down and replaced it. Changed oils in all my lawn/garden equipment while I was at it.

I've even cut my wifes hair a few times [emoji23]

My sister in law lives in a college town that is near vacant with all the students being sent home, so there's groceries galore up there. Her husband works for the post office and had to come to Flint yesterday for training and dropped us off 3 mega packs of toilet paper. The only stuff I've found recently is commercial rolls that the local smaller grocery store bought and put on the shelves just to have something available for customers.

I've been doing some grocery shopping for my wife's grandma and two of my neighbors that are up there in age so they don't have to go out as much. They'll compare this to the polio epidemic a bit but say this is still way above that level of craziness.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It'll be a month I've been off work in a couple days. Unlike the strike last year I've actually gotten stuff accomplished.

Replaced the pads/rotors and shoes/drums on my truck, fixed the tailgate that quit opening a few months back and replaced the evap solenoid getting rid of a check engine light that's been shining bright for 3 years.

My generator was leaking oil that I tracked down to the crankcase gasket, so I tore that down and replaced it. Changed oils in all my lawn/garden equipment while I was at it.

I've even cut my wifes hair a few times [emoji23]

My sister in law lives in a college town that is near vacant with all the students being sent home, so there's groceries galore up there. Her husband works for the post office and had to come to Flint yesterday for training and dropped us off 3 mega packs of toilet paper. The only stuff I've found recently is commercial rolls that the local smaller grocery store bought and put on the shelves just to have something available for customers.

I've been doing some grocery shopping for my wife's grandma and two of my neighbors that are up there in age so they don't have to go out as much. They'll compare this to the polio epidemic a bit but say this is still way above that level of craziness.

Cut your wife's hair? Surely you're kidding. I did talk my wife into cutting mine the other day. It came out good but not as short as I like it. I think she was afraid she'd mess it up if she went too short. I thought about going with a cut like I had in the army and just do the whole thing myself at one length.

Users who are viewing this thread