Which is less harmful for health?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Please read my posts before hitting the reply button. The true reason why you're getting too much heat from high powered vaping is simply because you don't understand how to correctly tweak all the other variables that keep the temperature down low enough, i.e., you are just letting the coil overheat as a result from the fact you're getting an inadequate cooling effect. What you have been doing is following the same basic principle as the experiment that 'proved' vaping causes very high levels of formaldehyde... no high wattage vaper vapes how you tried to experiment with high wattage vaping. None of them do.

A lot of vapers who vape at higher wattage do it MTL and they still have a hot vapour which is what they want because of the "hit" they get from it, rather from any nicotine content.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
So the experience from these low wattage apostles in your opinion is that they are quite simply making it up then !. I'm a real vaper and i vape low at wattage. It's a fact.

I HONESTLY have no idea who you are referring to dripster.
The PLAUSIBLE reason why you have no idea who I am referring to is because, even if they DID come to this place to tell you their own story, in very many cases they:
  1. went back to smoking combustible tobacco so their voice has disappeared from this place, or
  2. they noticed the visible fact that this place is a low wattage bulwark so they decided to move elsewhere.
Tunnel vision.

Reactions: stols001

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
As i said in my earlier post. Do new users expect a sublime satisfaction from vaping as they did/do from smoking. Are they aware of "throat hit" from nicotine or the hit from higher wattage which is unrelated to nicotine. Do they even know what it is that they want !. I don't think that they do.

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
A lot of vapers who vape at higher wattage do it MTL and they still have a hot vapour which is what they want because of the "hit" they get from it, rather from any nicotine content.
You wrote: "the heat from high powered vaping". A hot vape doesn't come from high powered vaping. Rather, it comes from having a level of cooling that is relatively low in comparison to the level of power... this is simple high school physics.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
To be clear, 'high wattage vaping' on an MTL setup is something that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't exist. You are confusing 'higher wattage MTL' with 'high wattage vaping', as the latter is a specific subset of DL.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
You wrote: "the heat from high powered vaping". A hot vape doesn't come from high powered vaping. Rather, it comes from having a level of cooling that is relatively low in comparison to the level of power... this is simple high school physics.

So you're a glass half empty kind of a guy then !.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
To be clear, 'high wattage vaping' on an MTL setup is something that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't exist. You are confusing 'higher wattage MTL' with 'high wattage vaping', as the latter is a specific subset of DL.

Yes, confusing may now be the operative word !.

And it's probably talk like this that repells the new users as you so quite rightly pointed out earlier.

So you see now YOU sound like one of those "Apostles".

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Come on guys,let there be peace...we all vapers after all,right?

I don't see how different vaping methods cannot coexist,most of us quit cigarettes and the bottom line is that it doesn't matter how you vape,what is important is that this right here is what keeps us from going back to cigarettes.

And for me that is the bottom line.

arnold-wishes-you-peace.gif

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I think it's very difficult to find that niche that they can comfortably fit into. Combine that with social stigma or peer pressure which leads to an unwillingness to even find out, then they soon give up and say vaping is for idiots........to their friends. Which is what their friends wanted them to say from the start.
One of several reasons why it's difficult to let them find that niche that they can comfortably fit into is, low wattage devices are generally cheaper and smaller when compared to high wattage devices that are of similar quality, which is important when on a budget because, if you are new to vaping, you risk losing money if it turns out that vaping isn't for you, and, salespeople also know this so they are very often biased for the fact keeping the price down low enough is what increases the number of units sold, which, in turn, tends to increase overall profit. Business economics. And then there's also vapers who made the switch from smoking to vaping at the time when high wattage vaping wasn't available yet. They are another big part of the reason why so many recommend low wattage vaping to every newcomer. That's simply because they have no personal first-hand experience with making the switch from smoking to vaping by going for high wattage vaping. It wasn't vailable to them at the time when they made the switch. And so a lot of them continue to spread misinformation about high wattage vaping. Which makes it even more difficult for newcomes to find that niche that they can comfortably fit into. Finally, high wattage vapers get burnt at the proverbial stake by low wattage apostles for merely pointing out these factors, after which more and more high wattage vapers arrive at the logical conclusion that a low wattage bulwark is what's called a lost cause. They leave. Which makes it even more difficult for newcomes to find that niche that they can comfortably fit into. If I were ANTZ, definitely I would crack open a bottle of expensive champagne in order to celebrate that this is so.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
WOW!! :blink::blink:
Hitler? you actually went there?
Seems wrong doesn't it,just sayin'

And about the subject at hand,yes i do have an opinion but no one asked me so i didn't say anything,was just replying to someone else who seemed bothered about @dripster passionate posts,that is all.
It's not just about being passionate. I live in a country where consumers can no longer (i.e., since 17 January 2017) buy vaping products online so it's also about watching how people vape in person, being allowed to give their vape a try, and talking to them face to face as opposed to reading what they write online, visiting places where high wattage vapers, mech users, and coil builders meet up and show you what they've got under the hood... it's a friendly little atmosphere. If you don't visit such places very often, then you can't very often learn from those who don't usually share a lot of detailed info or in-depth knowledge online. At my go to B&M store, there's always an experienced mech-using professional coil builder standing behind the counter excepting only when both of them have called in sick. The shopkeepers also own a wholesale company of vaping products, BTW. The vast majority of other shops don't cater to a wide variety of vaping styles, or they barely try to, and, knowledge about vaping products that aren't just another money grab tends to be extremely limited in most other shops. Not every new vaper finds the luxury to enter a decent shop or receive unbiased info online. A lot of mediocre stuff gets overhyped, just like a lot of good stuff gets underrated, when most online reviewers only vape for half an hour on the products before they review them. The same also applies to users who voice their opinion before they put in real effort to learn how to use a product.

• Agree
Reactions: Javichu

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
One of several reasons why it's difficult to let them find that niche that they can comfortably fit into is, low wattage devices are generally cheaper and smaller when compared to high wattage devices that are of similar quality, which is important when on a budget because, if you are new to vaping, you risk losing money if it turns out that vaping isn't for you, and, salespeople also know this so they are very often biased for the fact keeping the price down low enough is what increases the number of units sold, which, in turn, tends to increase overall profit. Business economics. And then there's also vapers who made the switch from smoking to vaping at the time when high wattage vaping wasn't available yet. They are another big part of the reason why so many recommend low wattage vaping to every newcomer. That's simply because they have no personal first-hand experience with making the switch from smoking to vaping by going for high wattage vaping. It wasn't vailable to them at the time when they made the switch. And so a lot of them continue to spread misinformation about high wattage vaping. Which makes it even more difficult for newcomes to find that niche that they can comfortably fit into. Finally, high wattage vapers get burnt at the proverbial stake by low wattage apostles for merely pointing out these factors, after which more and more high wattage vapers arrive at the logical conclusion that a low wattage bulwark is what's called a lost cause. They leave. Which makes it even more difficult for newcomes to find that niche that they can comfortably fit into. If I were ANTZ, definitely I would crack open a bottle of expensive champagne in order to celebrate that this is so.

Alright, so lets say this is true.

What is it exactly about low wattage MTL vaping that you personally don't like. I mean for you personally as a vaper. Don't/didn't you get any satisfaction from MTL vaping?.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
So, what, on the one hand you have "witnessed a significant part of the data" and on the other hand you arent referring to any specific data?
And anyone who vapes low watt mtl does it wrong?

I dont think you have anything to back up any of your opinions on this subject, just an obsessively gasbaggy high wattage apostle . :D
Strawman argument. Where in my posts did I say that anyone who vapes low wattage MTL does it wrong?

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
It's not just about being passionate. I live in a country where consumers can no longer (i.e., since 17 January 2017) buy vaping products online so it's also about watching how people vape in person, being allowed to give their vape a try, and talking to them face to face as opposed to reading what they write online, visiting places where high wattage vapers, mech users, and coil builders meet up and show you what they've got under the hood... it's a friendly little atmosphere. If you don't visit such places very often, then you can't very often learn from those who don't usually share a lot of detailed info or in-depth knowledge online. At my go to B&M store, there's always an experienced mech-using professional coil builder standing behind the counter excepting only when both of them have called in sick. The shopkeepers also own a wholesale company of vaping products, BTW. The vast majority of other shops don't cater to a wide variety of vaping styles, or they barely try to, and, knowledge about vaping products that aren't just another money grab tends to be extremely limited in most other shops. Not every new vaper finds the luxury to enter a decent shop or receive unbiased info online. A lot of mediocre stuff gets overhyped, just like a lot of good stuff gets underrated, when most online reviewers only vape for half an hour on the products before they review them. The same also applies to users who voice their opinion before they put in real effort to learn how to use a product.

I used dual coil sub ohm rta's for months around 25 watts. It's just too much like hard work. like preparing my lungs to inflate a lilo. MTL is simple and a lot less effort. Any higher and i risk heart burn. The vapes alright but isn't worth the effort compared to a nice relaxed MTL vape.

• Agree
Reactions: Wow1420

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I have no idea what you mean. I'm a full glass of high school physics, whereas you are making it increasingly clear you are just an empty glass.

You said something along the lines about high power vaping isn't about heat but basically about how cool the coil is kept.

Same as saying a cars engine doesn't get hot it just isn't cool. It's daft !. And haven't you heard of the metaphore "a glass half full ? or a glass half empty ?. Such as seeing things in an either positive or negative way.

I'm assuming you actually aren't at all familiar with this metaphore.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Yes, confusing may now be the operative word !.

And it's probably talk like this that repells the new users as you so quite rightly pointed out earlier.

So you see now YOU sound like one of those "Apostles".
You're the one who supports the assertion that high wattage vaping necessarily always produces a hot vape, when the reality is that every real high wattage vaper will tell you this entirely depends on the various specifics of cooling effect, and, you didn't even know the difference between the description of high wattage vaping and vaping MTL at an increased wattage that is still nowhere nearly as high as high wattage vaping. Ergo, the one who sounds like an apostle is you.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Alright, so lets say this is true.

What is it exactly about low wattage MTL vaping that you personally don't like. I mean for you personally as a vaper. Don't/didn't you get any satisfaction from MTL vaping?.
I already tried to answer that question... sheer nic harshness with not much flavor. Nic salts do eliminate the harshness to a large extent, but they still don't fix the flavor problem. I'll also add that I don't like anything more than just a very small amount of throat hit, and, vaping on anything too far below 90 watts just feels anemic to me, or else there's just too much throat hit. Either way, there's not much flavor at low wattage (or at medium wattage, for that matter...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread