While Waiting for my EQ- VV Bottom Feeder alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
DDCup: by Jollyriffics, 26650 bat, vv booster chip 5.3v to 14.7v, 15ml bottle... manual

though on list for vvpv, still waiting for auto pump feeder, it was great for its short lived time.

also waiting on scubagenV3 atty, Kronos+Genisis Atty, another bulli A2, wanted G-tank, but it got filled up fast.

what was the link for nextel 116 wick? I forgot.

Woa... Am I reading right 5.3V to 14.7V? Where do you usually set it? and with what resistance? Have you ever vaped it above 10V?

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
how do you get on the VVPV preorder and how long untill you expect to have it?

I beta tested the VVPV.

Go to the Notcigs site you can go through the order proses but it will not charge you some have been charged $5.00 for the shipping but not every one there is a glitch in the web site. It only to hold one when Mike completes them and is ready to sell.

Sounds like its going to be October last I heard I will dig through the forum page and find out latter tonight and post what I find.

I was on the beta test group to and loved it. :)

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
Woa... Am I reading right 5.3V to 14.7V? Where do you usually set it? and with what resistance? Have you ever vaped it above 10V?

yes you read it correctly... 5.3v to 14.7v

been playing around in 5.6 to 5.8s mostly... then 6.7v, never went to 10v... tried out 7.2 it's so so for me. haven't found a great taste in the higher ranges. my juices are thin..mostly.. atty ranges from 2.8 to 5.0 ohms.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
I also have two VVPV's on pre-order from Notcigs should be a winner.

What battery type will be used with this mod? I like it - nice sleek design. What safety features are available? - Actually that 2nd question applies to all the VV devices we are talking about.

I like having safety features like, short protection, overload, battery reversal, etc...

Last edited:

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
So you guys know, there's a prefab'd PCB comming from russia of all places - self contained power regulator with a display- details are sketchy but in a few months time, if they ship (where have we heard this before) all of these boxes may become obsolete.

here it is- looks cool- we'll have to see what happens
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/212889-interesting-news-modders-question.html

Reading thread now - looks really interesting, just another thing to wait for...:p Which is half the fun it really:)

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
What battery type will be used with this mod? I like it - nice sleek design. What safety features are available? - Actually that 2nd question applies to all the VV devices we are talking about.

I like having safety features like, short protection, overload, battery reversal, etc...

It has two 14500's in the unit and is meant to be recharged through the mod but the battery's can be replaced if needed.

It will have the same electronics as the Buzz Pro. Mike reported that you should be about 15hr's per charge. Here are the specs form the Notcig site.

Specs:

1. 15 watts maximum power output
2. Wheel adjustable voltage dial
3. Improved battery life 2 x 's avg. , we have a new controller that is MUCH more efficeint. avg. 15 hrs per charge
4. New finish , blasted finish
5. 3-3 to 5.5 volt adjustment
6. 6 ml juice capacity
7. 2 x 14500 batteries
8. built in charger
9. Aluminum case
10. Anodized Bkack OR
11. Chrome plated tops and case
12. Passthru capable

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
It has two 14500's in the unit and is meant to be recharged through the mod but the battery's can be replaced if needed.

It will have the same electronics as the Buzz Pro. Mike reported that you should be about 15hr's per charge. Here are the specs form the Notcig site.

Specs:

1. 15 watts maximum power output
2. Wheel adjustable voltage dial
3. Improved battery life 2 x 's avg. , we have a new controller that is MUCH more efficeint. avg. 15 hrs per charge
4. New finish , blasted finish
5. 3-3 to 5.5 volt adjustment
6. 6 ml juice capacity
7. 2 x 14500 batteries
8. built in charger
9. Aluminum case
10. Anodized Bkack OR
11. Chrome plated tops and case
12. Passthru capable

Thanks MX - just pre-ordered one, but I somehow missed the specs.....

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Hey, guys! Just found this thread through a search for monkeyboxx. Very cool!

Personally, I love my Grand and the whole juice feeder idea which is why I basically decided against Darwin. I just want more power than the Reo puts out which is why I am presently leaning toward the monkeyboxx vv. I love the idea of having a feeder that I can crank up in voltage whenever I feel like the hit is lacking. Does anyone know what kind of use time (moderate to heavy vaper) I can expect out of the dual 16340 setup?

This is a great thread by the way.

Thanks, all.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
Just an FYI on the Red Sky Cutlass VV bottom feeder mod - there is overcurrent protection from the regulator. From the regulator specs:

Overcurrent/overtemperature behavior
If the current limit has been considerably exceeded or if the device is overheated the product will
gradually reduce the output voltage in an attempt to reduce the load on the device. Once the extra
load is removed or the temperature is brought down, the desired output voltage will be restored. It is
unlikely that you will destroy the regulator by exceeding the current/temperature ratings but we still
recommend practicing good engineering techniques and do not overload the device beyond the
recommended operating parameters.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Just an FYI on the Red Sky Cutlass VV bottom feeder mod - there is overcurrent protection from the regulator. From the regulator specs:

Overcurrent/overtemperature behavior
If the current limit has been considerably exceeded or if the device is overheated the product will
gradually reduce the output voltage in an attempt to reduce the load on the device. Once the extra
load is removed or the temperature is brought down, the desired output voltage will be restored. It is
unlikely that you will destroy the regulator by exceeding the current/temperature ratings but we still
recommend practicing good engineering techniques and do not overload the device beyond the
recommended operating parameters.

I got a few of those regulator's and was going to work one in to a mod. I have some one building me a bottom feeder with one know :)

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
I want to discuss the iatty a little - does anyone think it feasible to replace the fiberglass wick with mesh? Would I need to oxidize the entire piece of mesh in this instance? Do you think mesh would wick upwards in the iatty set up?

Yes its been done. Matt (MWA) was going to play with it. On the Iatty thread there is some one using it right now. If I remember right there was some modding to be done on the top plastic peace to allow the mesh to pass through but you still need to back it with some wick to prevent shorting.

I missed the top plastic peaces at COV last time but got every thing else LOL. I will be picking another Iatty up in Oct when COV has them again.

Hope that helped.

I got a Torpedo Tank in today and was going to mod a CE2 to use the mesh and see how that goes. I have heard good things about it. And if it works I will mod a bunch of CE2 that I do not use. Should be a good set up for the Proveri or my Buzz Pro

More toys LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread