Not open for further replies.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Wayne let us know how this works out.
Yes its been done. Matt (MWA) was going to play with it. On the Iatty thread there is some one using it right now. If I remember right there was some modding to be done on the top plastic peace to allow the mesh to pass through but you still need to back it with some wick to prevent shorting.

I missed the top plastic peaces at COV last time but got every thing else LOL. I will be picking another Iatty up in Oct when COV has them again.

Hope that helped.

I got a Torpedo tank in today and was going to mod a CE2 to use the mesh and see how that goes. I have heard good things about it. And if it works I will mod a bunch of CE2 that I do not use. Should be a good set up for the Proveri or my Buzz Pro

More toys LOL :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
Will it go below 5.3V or is that the starting point. How much time do you get on the battery. or how much juice can you get through on one charge. What do you run yours at and with what atty.

Sorry for all the questions :)

yea thats the starting point: 5.3v , though you can give him your specs of what you want.

I normally have Nitelightvapors Bounty hunter on this, juices vary based on my moods

I dont really have a true single favorite, but heres what I use depending on my moods:

I'm usually bouncing from start 5.3 to 5.8. there is only a specific time when I use 6.7v

kranger 1.5 dual coil carto
smoketech 1.5 dual coil carto
smoketech 2.0 dual coil carto
boge 306 2.0 ohm carto
boge 2.0 ohm carto
cisco 510 4.0 ohm atties
magma 510 2.5 atties
801 3.0 ohm atty,
901 slb 3.0 ohm atty
slb 510 4.0, 4.2, 4.5 ohm atty
joy 510 5.0 ohm atty

upto 5.8v my battery time changes are roughly every 4 days.
with 6.7v my battery time change are upto 3 1/2 days

you know I never pay attention to how many bottles I swap out, its an automatic thing for me, oh I'm out of juice, pull out bottle, swap in new flavor, or same flavor. kinda deal. set it and forget it sorta thing, the horn button is the off/on switch

so far out of the other 15 mods I have, this one lasts as long as the Helix with the exception to manual feeding and varivolt.

Last edited:

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
IMG_0276.jpg

Gonna miss you EQ-AutoPump

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
we should have started this thread back in Jan ;-) already a ton of info....

FOA- Provape is the provari. The new batteries are black and look like AW's but I'm not sure they are...
the label says

"ProVari Power
2500mAh 3.7V Li-Ion
Protected 18650
Rechargeable Battery
www.provape.com"

I have one of the betas and they rock!

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Yes its been done. Matt (MWA) was going to play with it. On the Iatty thread there is some one using it right now. If I remember right there was some modding to be done on the top plastic peace to allow the mesh to pass through but you still need to back it with some wick to prevent shorting.

I missed the top plastic peaces at COV last time but got every thing else LOL. I will be picking another Iatty up in Oct when COV has them again.

Hope that helped.

I got a Torpedo Tank in today and was going to mod a CE2 to use the mesh and see how that goes. I have heard good things about it. And if it works I will mod a bunch of CE2 that I do not use. Should be a good set up for the Proveri or my Buzz Pro

More toys LOL :)

I've been playing a bit of catchup and re-evaluating my position.

I had been drooling over the Provari & Darwin for such a long time, I pulled the trigger on both.

Also, jumped into learning about the CE2 tanks, iatty, bulli-smoker A2-T, and finally decided on the
Torpedo tank for the provari....I do want to go after some drip shields from empiremods but they
seem to be quite the hot item. I believe there is a reason for the provari and the darwin...each has
their advantages.

I doubt any will unseat my REO Grande as the daily go to and do not expect them to....it's the techy factor that I'm having fun with.

Also, been taking the time to catch up on the accessories like drip tips, 306 attys, etc.

Oh, and I am now the proud owner of the smallest wooden mod out there....that's right "The hammer of Thor"....love the little guy with the cannon tip on it....lol!

....just goes to prove that sometimes, smaller is mightier!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've been playing a bit of catchup and re-evaluating my position.

I had been drooling over the Provari & Darwin for such a long time, I pulled the trigger on both.

Also, jumped into learning about the CE2 tanks, iatty, bulli-smoker A2-T, and finally decided on the
Torpedo tank for the provari....I do want to go after some drip shields from empiremods but they
seem to be quite the hot item. I believe there is a reason for the provari and the darwin...each has
their advantages.

I doubt any will unseat my REO Grande as the daily go to and do not expect them to....it's the techy factor that I'm having fun with.

Also, been taking the time to catch up on the accessories like drip tips, 306 attys, etc.

Oh, and I am now the proud owner of the smallest wooden mod out there....that's right "The hammer of Thor"....love the little guy with the cannon tip on it....lol!

....just goes to prove that sometimes, smaller is mightier!

I here you buddy I love playing with mods and new stuff but my REO's will always be my go to I love simple it makes me feel good.

Avid has a DS now as well only in Black but there nice. I use my DS's on my Buzz and BP more for looks then any thing.

Drip Shield 901 | 510 | 306 - Avid Vaper

021.jpg

Cone DS from Avid I have the strait ones coming this week.

001-1.jpg

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I here you buddy I love playing with mods and new stuff but my REO's will always be my go to I love simple it makes me feel good.

Avid has a DS now as well only in Black but there nice. I use my DS's on my Buzz and BP more for looks then any thing.

Drip Shield 901 | 510 | 306 - Avid Vaper

021.jpg

Cone DS from Avid I have the strait ones coming this week.

001-1.jpg

Thanks for the link....I'll never get away from this computer, now!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
you will be amazed at how small and yet how strangely satisfying it vapes...dam those 306 attys...so satisfyingly warm and tasty!!

What battery dose it take.

If you like small power house mods. Watch REO and his 18490. It will be just a little bigger then his REO Woodvil Mini.
I have been running a reconfigured Woodvil Mini and its kicking .... all the way through a 3ml bottle of juice.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I will be on the watch for the 2500mAh battery's I picked the Chrome I like the looks and only use my tube mods at the desk and special occasions when visiting another vapor friend in town.

If I like the Provari I will pick another up for travel when needed.

I got my Buzz Po and Classic's that I love when dripping and on a few tanks.

I got 3 of the atty tank mods coming in over the next month or so to play with as well.

FYI the REO VV should be out in a few months. Rob is doing some redesigning of the prints for his Woodvil and Grand to accommodate the VV stuff. Its not going to be a Madvaps vv unit but something much better.

The Red sky VV mods use the Madvaps VV set up. Its stamped right on the side of the board. Same as the Old Goat mods so its all in the feed system and box IMO.

Darwin is on my raidar to pick up in the next month or so.

FINALLY, I'm definitely going to get a couple of the VV REO's once they become available. Still planning on getting a mini woodvil as well. Looks like my REO collection is going to grow pretty soon.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
here's a quote and paste to clarify that the new RSM now uses a switching regulator. I think it's the same one used on the VV monkeyboxx.
... , here is a pic of the bottom end cap of the Cutlass Mark-5.1

The far left switch is an ON/OFF switch, next is the mode switch (Up is direct battery, down is VV) then the led and adjustment pot. Aside from that the circuit board itself has short/overcurrent protection in VV mode. http://www.dimensionengineering.com/datasheets/DE-SWADJ3.pdf

IMG_0336.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread