While Waiting for my EQ- VV Bottom Feeder alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
we should have started this thread back in Jan ;-) already a ton of info....

FOA- Provape is the provari. The new batteries are black and look like AW's but I'm not sure they are...
the label says

"ProVari Power
2500mAh 3.7V Li-Ion
Protected 18650
Rechargeable Battery
www.provape.com"

I have one of the betas and they rock!

is this the stock black labels? just regular like UF 2400mah batts... or they taper off? meaning both are not HI-DRains. I stick Samsung 26c 2600 mah bats in my Provari. its a flat top but its the same height as Red Aw's with nipple... same height.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
My Darwin, Provari, & Torpedo are on their way....Boo-yeah-Baby!

Got a Provari ordered , & Torpedo tank I got is going back due to a lose top cap. Its note a big deal I was going to mod the CE2's any way and have a map tank to work on while I wait for the replacement.

This week is crazy busy with work any way :)

fenderbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2010
IL, USA
My Darwin, Provari, & Torpedo are on their way....Boo-yeah-Baby!

Excellent choices. I love the look of the torpedo tank on chrome Provari. It's a thing of beauty. it's a little heavy and awkward on the Darwin but I don't feel comfortable putting tank on Darwin anyways until i get a sealed 510-510 adapter.

What color Provari did you order?

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
I here you buddy I love playing with mods and new stuff but my REO's will always be my go to I love simple it makes me feel good.

Avid has a DS now as well only in Black but there nice. I use my DS's on my Buzz and BP more for looks then any thing.

Drip Shield 901 | 510 | 306 - Avid Vaper

021.jpg

Cone DS from Avid I have the strait ones coming this week.

001-1.jpg

how are the china knock offs? is that black one the ego shield? does it cover the BP cup entirely, was wondering if it does, can you show a pic of the black ego cone, from the top to down, like your other pic, its hard to imagine. :)

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
how are the china knock offs? is that black one the ego shield? does it cover the BP cup entirely, was wondering if it does, can you show a pic of the black ego cone, from the top to down, like your other pic, its hard to imagine. :)

The black one is from Avid Vapes and I will try to take some photos tonight. It dose not cover the CC completely and it is like an evo cone but not as steep. I have the strait ones coming this week that should look more like I was going for. I will post photos of both on the Buzz when it comes in.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
we should have started this thread back in Jan ;-) already a ton of info....

FOA- Provape is the provari. The new batteries are black and look like AW's but I'm not sure they are...
the label says

"ProVari Power
2500mAh 3.7V Li-Ion
Protected 18650
Rechargeable Battery
www.provape.com"

I have one of the betas and they rock!

They're doing a beta on the battery? And they are being made especially for ProVape's provari? Is that the gist of it? But they are NOT IMR's, just protected?

What are some of the selling features - I mean why did they have one made with their label? Is this somehow different than other protected 18650's - I know, I know, too many questions. I'll stop now:) - There's probably a thread for all this anyway...

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I was thinkin I might do a Monkeyboxx VV to hold me over. I will def buy any Reo VV that Rob puts out, but that might still be a little while yet. Drum...you'll have to let us know which one you like better. I have 2 Darwins and a Provari so I'm interested in your take on it. I love both of them for different reasons. BTW, my EQ deposit just got credited back today....never been so sad to get $175. But time to shop I think!

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
Yay - got in on the Genisis LV 510 since some folks backed out. I think I got one of every accessory to go with it, though I prolly don't need all that! I just wanted to get my order in, so I didn't take the time to refer back to the threads to see what all I really needed.

106_0.jpg

So when the genisis lv gets here you folks can hit me up for kanthal wire since I'm gonna have a ton!! I didn't get any non-resistance wire, but I don't need that for this atty right - I know, I should just go look, but I don't think I do - the Kanthal just goes directly to the screws on this one. I've been looking at so many my brain is slightly addled:p

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Yay - got in on the Genisis LV 510 since some folks backed out. I think I got one of every accessory to go with it, though I prolly don't need all that! I just wanted to get my order in, so I didn't take the time to refer back to the threads to see what all I really needed.

106_0.jpg

So when the genisis lv gets here you folks can hit me up for kanthal wire since I'm gonna have a ton!!

LOL I got two of those coming and the mod got so much wire and wick to build attys for the next 10 years.
Plus two G-Tanks and the ScubaDan mod LOL to much stuff :facepalm:

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
What would you use to hold the liquid - I don't like the look of that cart thingy - the ego tank or something? But then you'd need something to pierce the tank.

Overall though the looks are nice, looks simple to use. I don't have one, so my thoughts are pure speculation (as usual :lol::facepalm:)

Has anyone posting here use some of the ceramic wick? (hold on, I have to go look up the exact name)... the XC-116 (nextel 330) I still can't figure out EXACTLY what it is - some sort of fiber ceramic - anyone know? Haven't found a decent post yet that describes it in detail....

So 3M makes it - looking for more info... OK - found the specifics I was looking for... for those interested (courtesy of these iatty enthusiasts):

Health & Safety Bulletin (XC-116 - nextel 330)
Heat Cleaning/Treating

though it doesn't appear that the nextel 330 is specifically discussed, I think the links were informative on the ceramic wick idea in general

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
I like that idea for the A2 MX - looking forward to hear your experience with the ceramic wick....

Matt (MWA) has been using it a bunch maybe he will chime in here. Not sure when he will be back on he was going out of town for a few days. On the Iatty thread there is a lot of info.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
What would you use to hold the liquid - I don't like the look of that cart thingy - the ego tank or something? But then you'd need something to pierce the tank.

Overall though the looks are nice, looks simple to use. I don't have one, so my thoughts are pure speculation (as usual :lol::facepalm:)

Has anyone posting here use some of the ceramic wick? (hold on, I have to go look up the exact name)... the XC-116 (nextel 330) I still can't figure out EXACTLY what it is - some sort of fiber ceramic - anyone know? Haven't found a decent post yet that describes it in detail....

So 3M makes it - looking for more info..

XC-116-25 Nextel Braided Ceramic Very High Temperature Sleeving

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/210644-xc-116-nextel-330-heat-treatment-experiment.html

There is some info on the Iatty thread in the last 30 or 40 pages.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/183205-iatty-200.html

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread