Who i am and drip tip advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgilk1

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Rio Rancho
26 full time smoker looking to quit analog... i have been a full time smoker for the past 6 years i am cheap and with exception to all but a year of smoking i have rolled my own..

about 2 years ago while attempting to quit i bought a replica digital its a micro (xhale 02)... the issue with it was that as much as i smoke and spend behind a keyboard the less then ~150mah battery would die and while charging would end up grabbing an analogue... i got tired of waiting for it to charge and put it away and went back to analog...

working back in a call center now and having a higher stress level my smoking started to increase... i was taking about 12, 5 minute smoke breaks so i switched to lights and started cutting my self back currently i am at about 1/2 a pack a day and attempt to deal with this micro while i am at home... ordered a joye ego on monday and waiting for it to be delivered... im a tinkerer so ill probably be modding sooner then later lol...

the issues is due to the lack of capacity on this micro i find my self dripping in to the atty so i was looking for a drip tip for the ego i seen a few on lite cig usa's web site but they are listed for 501. Will the 501 drip tip work with the ego?

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Egos take many different types of attys with 510 threaded connections. Drip tips are very dependent on the type of atomizer you have. A 306 atty (has 510 thread) takes a 306 drip tip, eGo atomizers that are cylinders use Ego Type B drip tips, ego cones use Ego TYpe A, and of course standard most common 510 attys take the 510 drip tips.

It's slightly more complicated, so what type of eGo kit did you order?

Welcome to the forum. You seem like a good candidate for an ego pass-thru. They plug into USB ports or a wall wart USB adapter and you can vape while they charge. They never give you an excuse to go back to analogs.

Last edited:

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Welcome to the forum. You seem like a good candidate for an ego pass-thru. They plug into USB ports or a wall wart USB adapter and you can vape while they charge. They never give you an excuse to go back to analogs.

Agreed ^^^ I'm, for the most part and self-induced, computer bound each day and a pass-thru battery works well.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
The best thing you can do is to have at least two of whatever battery you are using with you at all times. This will set you up for success. Sounds like you already got sick of waiting for one batt to charge and got sucked back to analogs. With 2 batteries around at all times one will be charging while you vape the other. One of our favorite phrases around here is always have backups for your backups.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
I will 3rd the suggestion of a pass-through: I got mine last week and am loving it. I bought this one Joyetech eGo-C 1000mAh USB Pass-through Battery for Electronic Cigarette in stainless and it's performing well. Not variable volt, but it runs warm in my opinion so I don't really want to up the volts any. I currently have a LR drip tip on it, or sometimes the cheapie CE4 clearo that came with my backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread