The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by smilee, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Best to buy Boge cartos from vendor who stands behind them. given what we know about bogegate.

As for me, i"m done w/them pretty much forever. If they cn't get their QC in order in over 6 months, and can't do anything for the vendors/customers who got burned ---- why patronize them? Its like rewarding them for failure........

2. erictho

erictho Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    no kidding. the vendor is pretty reputable, and i haven't seen the packaging change, which was kind of accused at imitation products. they just pretty much blow now in comparison. delicious for a couple ml worth of liquid, then garbage. at first i just thought i needed to feed more liquid, but then i was squonking so much the bottle almost unthreaded itself. ya.
    all my seals are kosher, the juice appears to be feeding, yet it tastes like crap.

3. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    To be honest, I reallly enjoy the Silo carts that vapage sells. :) the secret is not having a whole bunch of polyfill and the juice just tastes cleaner/clearer with less flavor loss, for ME.

4. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    ++11

Agreed. I've always had a soft spot for the Silos.

Little is cute. Cute is good. Silos=good.

Now that's my math and I'm stickin' to it.

5. chadster214

chadster214 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2011
    Left Coast!
    I like silos too but I don't like it when it starts spitting hot liquid.

6. j4mmin42

j4mmin42 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Arcata, Cali

It's crazy how inconsistent Boges have gotten. I ordered a test box of SR 3.0's from Little Shop of Vapors the other week (I won a contest), and I've filled 3 of the 5 so far with no bad tastes, no DOA's, in fact no problems at all! They work as well as the old ones did- and they're all still alive and well after 3 weeks of fairly-constant use. I wish that Boge would get their act together- but if you are really looking for some good ones, head over to where I got them and you might have a better chance of success (you will end up paying bit more, but for good boges, wouldn't it be worth it?). YMMV...

Anyway I just got my Vmod 2.0 in today, and it is a lot more solid of a build than I thought it would be! I love devices that feel solid as a rock- and this thing really does when it is fully assembled. The threads feel very tight and smooth, and I love the little touches of quality, like the foam spacers that hug the battery nice and tight inside it's bay. I tested it for a good 30 minutes, and the learning curve that I was afraid of is non-existant. If you follow the instructions, it works absolutely flawlessly. Given, I'm a hardcore dripper, so I know what the right amount of juice feels like- but even still, I'm using their hybrid atomizer that I've never tried before, and it's still really simple- very easy to get it right. Also, not a bit of leakage inside the body at all.

Unfortunately, there are two minuscule issues... the batteries came to me almost dead, and they sent the old-style atomizer instead of a shi-fu. I foresee a second order fro the new atty's in the near-future...:vapor:

7. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    How rude of them! ;)

Actually, I've never had one that spit.

8. erictho

Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    eh. i found the the hybrid and silos were ok for free samples, but i also did not get much life out of them. for their price range, it's definitely not something i'm into.
    i really have my heart set on the smoktech minis. i found smoktech cartos to be the most consisten carto so far.

9. StraightV8per

StraightV8per Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    Same here, I love both the hybrids and silos for about 4 or 5 days then they start spitting and clogging.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

10. lettucehead

lettucehead Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2012
    Indiana
    I hoping you helpful people can steer me -
    I'm totally new to bottom feeding, but I've wanted to try it as size of a mod is an issue for me.

I got the VMod 2.0.
    The Vapage cart at even at 1.8 Ohm, just didn't have enough 'Ooomph' and the flavor of my juice seemed muted. So I tried a Vapage Hybrid at 1.5 Ohm - Ooooooh, very nice though a little hot.

If I'm looking for some inexpensive attys to play with, does anyone know if the Smoktech or Joye LR attys will work with this bottom feeder?
    I know they work with Reo's, but I think that's a needle system and the VMod is not. Is the hole in the bottom of the Smoktech and/or Joye attys big enough to work well with the VMod?

I'm sorry for my ignorance, just hoping for a little info.

Thank you!!

11. MarcK73

MarcK73 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Any atty will work as long as it isn't wrapped in that black wrapper. Since the VMod doesn't feed through the bottom (it feeds from holes right below the lower seal in the chamber) you can even use sealed bottom stuff.

12. lettucehead

lettucehead Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2012
    Indiana
    OOOOOOHHHH!
    Good to know!

So I have a no name 1.7 Ohm atty that I tried with my Vmod. I'm getting poor flavor from it although I am getting vapor - so this is likely because it's just a lousy atty, and not because it's not getting enough juice?

Do most attys need a breaking in period?

(I've only ever used Stardusts and CE3s on VV devices...)

13. MarcK73

MarcK73 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I believe that attys do require a breakin period, but I'm not the best person to answer that as I don't use standard attys on my VMods.

14. Tibby

Tibby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2012
    Oakley, Ca.
    Just recceived the smaller 2.0 and like it. Anyone ever hear of stacking IFR14250 batteries in it? Do you need a separate charger for thouse other than the one that comes with the premium kit from Vapage?

15. GobblerHunter

GobblerHunter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Milton, NC

You do need a different charger. You will get double the power and half the battery time. Change them out as a pair and charge them as a pair. Here are a couple links that should help you out........
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-feed-apv-discussion/295954-charger-ifr-14250-a.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/266306-ifr14250s-3-2v-batteries.html

16. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Gobbler, are there safety issues with these particular batts in terms of stacking?

17. GobblerHunter

GobblerHunter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Milton, NC
    I haven't had any problems... Buy your batteries in pairs and mark them so you can keep the pairs together when in use and charging... Don't run them all the way down and have several battery pairs to rotate so, you are not charging the same pair and running them down... I say three pair at a minimum....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/323223-stacked-batteries.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/300496-ok-what-truth-about-batteries.html

18. StraightV8per

Oct 14, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    You could also stack tenergy life po4 batts for 6 volt and use the vapage 2.8ohm carto, I got pretty consistent oomph and flavor/vapor this route, but u definitely need to carry spare set and these take a special charger.

19. StraightV8per

Oct 14, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    Not sure if u are using the xl or standard but the po4 option would only work in the vmod xl version

20. erictho

Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    ugh! my switch totally fell out of my vmod as i was absent mindedly walking around the house and does not want to be located. i leave for a 17 hr shift in an hr, i hope my cats leave it the crap alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.