who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfalkon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
mars
I've killed two VMod XLs somehow and the CS at vapage has replaced both of them for free but they couldn't tell me what I did to cause the issue. What happens is the atomizer won't fire and the battery springs get extremely hot. So hot that the plastic the springs sit on melt.

It happened when I was trying out a bunch of different juices. Basically I was dripping a few drops of the juice into the atomizer, vaping it a bit, then removing the atomizer and blowing out any excess juice and then repeated the entire process.

I don't think any juice spilled and I don't think I over-tightened the atomizer either. Has anyone ever had this issue?

If the springs are getting hot there is a short somewhere in your connections, you did mention that you modded your vmod to fit the kick under the bottle. Check your connections, how did you wire the kick to the mod???

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
If the springs are getting hot there is a short somewhere in your connections, you did mention that you modded your vmod to fit the kick under the bottle. Check your connections, how did you wire the kick to the mod???

I actually took the kick out a week or so ago as I didn't like how snug it was underneath the bottle. I actually plan to sell the kick once I hit 20 posts. :) I didn't hard-wire the kick in either, I just made a plate at the top with the positive and negative wires on either end and used some copper tape for the group.

I've taken every piece off the mod (not many I know) and made sure the atomizer works in another Vmod that I have. That makes me think that its a leak somewhere that it causing the short. I just don't see any juice leaking out of the device...

Last edited:

GobblerHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Milton, NC
I've killed two VMod XLs somehow and the CS at vapage has replaced both of them for free but they couldn't tell me what I did to cause the issue. What happens is the atomizer won't fire and the battery springs get extremely hot. So hot that the plastic the springs sit on melt.

It happened when I was trying out a bunch of different juices. Basically I was dripping a few drops of the juice into the atomizer, vaping it a bit, then removing the atomizer and blowing out any excess juice and then repeated the entire process.

I don't think any juice spilled and I don't think I over-tightened the atomizer either. Has anyone ever had this issue?

Could be a bad battery. Were you using the same battery or different ones?

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Vapage is having a 50% off sale through Monday with coupon code LK8489. Now is the time to buy for those interested in getting a VMod or just want to stock up on supplies.

LOL you got to be kidding :p

I just got an XL this week! Oh well I do like it so far and the hybrid atty seems like a winner guess I will stock up on those.

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
LOL you got to be kidding :p

I just got an XL this week! Oh well I do like it so far and the hybrid atty seems like a winner guess I will stock up on those.
Bummer man. I've only been vaping for a few months and this is the second 50% off sale that Vapage has had. I have so many supplies now, just wish that they had good e-juice.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Hey, hopefully someone can help me. I just got a vmod xl from the classies, and there was a loose o-ring in the atty connection area. The oring on the collar, at bottom of the threads is there, where does the one that goes down in the well go?
At the very bottom, first ledge, partially covering that little hole?
Next spot up? If I put it there, the atty doesn't screw down far enough to fire.
I haven't been able to find any pics or anything that show me a good enough view to figure out where it goes.
Thanks!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
VmodBlueOringIMG_3052.jpg

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I saw that one, thanks. I think I have it in place, but I can't get my HH.357 to fire. It feels like it is getting stopped by an o-ring from making contact with the center pin. I have adjusted the pin up quite a bit, but I keep turning and turning it and there seems to be no end in sight. Anyone use this with their HH?

jeenam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
nyc
Prime the atty by dripping a few drops into the top. From there angle the vmod a bit so it is at a 20 degree angle (bottom side up) while vaping and let gravity do the work for you. For myself I hold it upside down for a few seconds, wait for an air bubble to come up, then flip it back and give the bottle a squeeze. Using the flip/squeeze method it is possible to flood the atty - you just have to get the hang of it.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I use the tilt and vape method with all atty's.

Still looking for that ring/shroud thingy that goes under the cone if anyone knows where I can source one it would be much appreciated.

Have picked up some of the new Shifu atty's that should be along next week and a A7 rebuildable to see if I can get that to play with the VMod and release one of those cone thingies for the other chassis I have lol Come to something when it is easier to source a rebuildable atty than a mod part !

Haven't been along to play lately as I have been tied up with geny's for a bit but rest assured the VMod is never ever far from my hand. Checks....yep still within reach lol

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I got it running ok with the HH, but I need more power! I was thinking about getting the kick in there, but that still won't give me the power I want..... an upgraded kick that goes up to 15 watts? Now that would kick ..., 10 watts just doesn't cut it for me.

You could always get one of those 4.8 volt batteries --- that will knock the watts up to 15 with a 1.5 ohm atty----actually higher, until the battery settles down a bit. :D

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
You could always get one of those 4.8 volt batteries --- that will knock the watts up to 15 with a 1.5 ohm atty----actually higher, until the battery settles down a bit. :D
Good idea, might be a little too hot then, lol. Maybe that batt with a 2ohm? I pm'd her asking for just the batt, we'll see what she says.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
so unfortunately i am currently sitting on 11 unopened boge lr cartos. i used to not change them very much, they're super cheap, and i ordered a bunch to meet a price quota to get a better deal on shipping. turns out they freaking suck, and they're not the same carto i fell in love with.
booo. i guess i'm going to have to suffer with these on my vmod until my regular hardware vendor receives their first ever order of smoktech mini cartos. ;-___-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread