who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfalkon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
mars
Wow ... like really ... WOW

That is awesome! Nice work ... now how do I get one :)

TY for the vote of confidence, unfortunately there are only 2 pieces of this, one on my current unit and the second is my just in case. I have sent the just in case to the same local machinist to see if he can produce more but I have yet to hear from him about, when he can start working on them. Maybe I should start a list to know exactly how many to make :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyways as I have said earlier this just started as an idea to spruce up the v-mod xl cone.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Kicked 18650.

To be honest can't tell you exactly as I pick up my VMod before I go to work and change the battery. I do that every day so have never run dead. Can say I have vaped it for 14 hours at work and it was still going. 9 watts with a 3 ohm atty.

I haven't cut the battery spring. Thin plastic shim between battery and button. 2.5mm cut from top of bottle. Wire glued to top of shim and another to the bottom. Enough metal to ensure contacts with battery and button plunger. Third to the battery spring connected to spring on Kick. Wires run through slit by the top of the bottle.

Set Kick to preferred wattage, test using 18490 and wire between Kick and battery spring. Tape bottom wire to top, battery wire to bottom. Again making certain there is a sound connection. Slip Kick under bottle....done.

I have the kick in a drip tip bag just to ensure there are no leakage whoopsies.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

tonyfalkon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
mars
Don't forget I out my name down after the first picture in the Florida forum !

Will even drive over to the rough side of the peninsula to put green folding stuff in your hand. Some of it may not be palmetto leaves lol

Thats why I sent the just in case back to the machinist because you were the first and only one in the list Andy LOL.

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
Kicked 18650.

To be honest can't tell you exactly as I pick up my VMod before I go to work and change the battery. I do that every day so have never run dead. Can say I have vaped it for 14 hours at work and it was still going. 9 watts with a 3 ohm atty.

I haven't cut the battery spring. Thin plastic shim between battery and button. 2.5mm cut from top of bottle. Wire glued to top of shim and another to the bottom. Enough metal to ensure contacts with battery and button plunger. Third to the battery spring connected to spring on Kick. Wires run through slit by the top of the bottle.

Set Kick to preferred wattage, test using 18490 and wire between Kick and battery spring. Tape bottom wire to top, battery wire to bottom. Again making certain there is a sound connection. Slip Kick under bottle....done.

I have the kick in a drip tip bag just to ensure there are no leakage whoopsies.

I was able to kick mine last night without cutting the spring or the bottle, but it is a SNUG fit under the bottle. I used some copper conductive tape and it makes the mod really easy. I did solder the wires to the kick because it just wasn't staying on well enough with tape.

I am pretty much the exact same way with my batteries so it sounds like I will be fine.

When I am completely finished I will post some pictures.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
...So far I LOVE the AMGs (as long as they work as they should) and I still love the Bauway 1.5LRs. Better Life 1.5LRs work pretty well too. But when I get 15% off the AMGs and they last for 12-14 or more days, they win hands down.

I am quoting a post I made a while back about the quality of the AMG Hybrid atties, basically so I can retract what I had said.

I had bought about a dozen or so a good while back, and was having problems with them, so I contacted Vapage and told them about the problems. I said I would use the entire batch and then get back to them with a report and they said they would "work with me" if I ended up having bad performance with them.

So anyway, after I finally got done with them, I emailed them and told them about the fact that they generally did NOT perform well and were not consistent. They didn't even bother to respond.

Oh well, the sign of the times - "customer service" - an empty phrase.

Not a problem though - I get better Atties for a much lower price that ARE consistent and produce great vapor.

At this point I will deal with Vapage, but only when they have a part that I can't buy anywhere else.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I'm having a hard time understanding (other than those that have "kicked" their V-MODs) why I would want to try the 1.5ohm hybrid on a 3.7v device. Looking at the "Vaping Power Chart" it looks like it's in the "too hot/some juices may fry" area. Am I missing something?

Full disclosure: I don't own a V-MOD (or any type of "bottom feeder") so that may be part of my confusion...

Thanks,

Norman

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I thought you might like to know ecitek that the AMG Hybrid atty has a new look:

I can't comment on consistency as I'm still on my first one.....and it's been going strong for about a month with moderate use. (I lost track of the mils -- over 40). That's a milestone, for me.

The new coil AMG attys are awesome!

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
The vaping chart is subjective.

I use 1.5ohm on my VMod XL.

I like the heat, & the flavors I use aren't really affected in a negative way.

Yeah. It was right on the verge of "too hot/may scorch juice", so I get your point. It comes down to what juices you use, how cool or hot you like your vapes to be, etc.

Thanks for the response,

Norman

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Gribble. I did get mine during the sale and it has saved me. Having to switch to 100%VG due to issues found flavor!! Keep your eye out for another sale and get the ala cart, since you have the batts and charger. Order the 2 pack of 1.5 ohm atty's cause I love them!! MHO! I wish I had now ordered a vmod 2.0 for its being small as well. I will be looking for a sale as well. The XL i love due to the long batt life but love the 2.0 as it fits my small hands. Good luck and you won't be sorry.
Is there any ongoing promotion for the VMods? I was, unfortunately, very sick at the time and couldn't take advantage of the 50% off. I really want to try a bottom feeder. If not, I guess I could try to get one in the Classified section, but apparently need 20 posts even if I'm only interested in buying (which is frustrating, because there isn't really much risk of the buyer being the scammer in a transaction...)

So I guess until I can find the time for all that posting, how much am I looking at paying for a working, quality (albeit not necessitarily cosmetically flawless), Vmod XL? Just the unit itself, I have the charger and batteries and would just as soon purchase cartos on my own. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
I've killed two VMod XLs somehow and the CS at vapage has replaced both of them for free but they couldn't tell me what I did to cause the issue. What happens is the atomizer won't fire and the battery springs get extremely hot. So hot that the plastic the springs sit on melt.

It happened when I was trying out a bunch of different juices. Basically I was dripping a few drops of the juice into the atomizer, vaping it a bit, then removing the atomizer and blowing out any excess juice and then repeated the entire process.

I don't think any juice spilled and I don't think I over-tightened the atomizer either. Has anyone ever had this issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread