Who's idea was it to add a cannabis vaping section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deborah Greene

Apr 3, 2015
Yet you were just fine with posting in this thread while it was in General vaping Discussion - where it didn't belong...

I don’t really keep up with Where a post Belongs It just showed up in my timeline and I started reading it my take on it is a lot of the commenting is over-the-top and my comment was I am also affected by this topic because I get questioned while I am in public vaping because of THC vapers Since this is the case that’s why I chose to read the topic.But now that it has gotten so serious I am out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yet you were just fine with posting in this thread while it was in General Vaping Discussion - where it didn't belong...

I have this forum on ignore.. many do, so some of us don't even see posts here.

I wouldn't even know this was moved and people were still posting if I hadn't come back intentionally..

but anyway, I said my piece when this forum was opened. Not like our vote counted for anything.. Oliver started selling the stuff and then allowed discussion, not a big surprise as to why - follow the money.

Schlinky

Oct 10, 2015
What an interesting post. Made for an interesting read.

Firstly yes, we are in a fight to protect something that provides health benefits over smoking and that's incredibly important for millions of people all over the world. Unfortunately vaping's image has been tarnished by idiots adding oil to vaping liquid regardless of the other contents.

I'm fortunate that I'm in the UK where the governing bodies seem to be taking a sensible approach compared to the rest of the world. I'm sure we all have our own theories about why governments are so against vaping, a nicotine delivery system, which at the very worst, is a lot better for people than smoking.

That's not why I'm posting though (and I don't post often). I was floored by the prejudice and pious judgement by the OP. Yes there are people in the world who use cannabis, I agree that there are also stoners out there who are wasters and don't contribute much to society. That said there are also (I would suggest a majority) who use the drug recreationally and minimally and who am I to even have an opinion on that? It's got nothing to do with me.

I would hate to be the kind of person who groups together all the 'bad' people in the world just because it's not something I agree with. "I don't agree with people who use stimulants, like caffeine, so they must be the same as murderers".

It shows a massive level of intolerance and indeed lack of empathy.

The human body has an endocannabinoid system, a series of receptors specifically designed for those compounds. It's literally in our DNA. Humans have had a very long relationship with marijuana, dating back hundreds of generations.

Now bear in mind that our 'values' are based on many things like our upbringing, the values instilled into us by our family and people we respect, be that teachers, religious leaders etc. That's the same for everyone.

Also bear in mind that there was a concerted effort by the US government to vilify and demonise marijuana which has stained people's opinions of the drug. Essentially it was a propaganda campaign to destroy the hemp industry.

On top of that it's important to recognise that the balance of 'weed' has changed a lot over the years. Previously THC and CBD were relatively balanced (among the other compounds like CBG etc) and they're all needed. Recently growers have been pushing the THC content higher and higher at the expense of CBD which is needed to balance things out. This introduces a danger for psychosis and other mental health issues.

The point is it's an incredibly complicated, multifaceted issue with a long history. It's a drug that has been part of our evolution, a drug that has been targeted and slandered by governments, a drug that has great potential to heal and benefit humanity, a drug that continues to change and evolve as does our understanding of it.

Also important to note is there are a myriad of users spanning the full spectrum, like alcohol, from those who like a drink on their birthday to those who drink two bottles of whiskey a day and destroy their lives and others.

It's not the drug that's the problem, it's human nature and a failure to recognise that suggests a very simplistic and basic understanding of the world around us.

Would I rather chat to an enlightened stoner or someone who piously judges the world without consideration?

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I agree with the OP on the level that I DO think it's important to differentiate ourselves from the pot-users, now more than ever as vaping is getting attacked based on their issues and not our own..

we used to be able to show the difference by pointing to this forum and say see, we are vaping nicotine for smoking cessation and not involved in illicit drugs..

We cant do that any more, now we have to pick apart people's posts to figure out whether they are having equipment issues due to their drugs not wicking or their mismatched drug cartridges not making a proper connection or whether they are eliquid issues we know about and can actually help to solve..

That's ridiculous.. I mean, we all, or at least most of us, only know about nicotine vaping and now there are all these drug users and we can't even send them on their way...

I have the cannabis forum on ignore because I have nothing to offer there, but this is all over the forum, in new members in general discussion etc..

hell, I'm learning even with that forum on ignore who all the drug users are here.. that shows how much it's bleeding everywhere.
Just curious, do you consider people who drink alcohol "drug users"?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I may be wrong, but, for some strange reason ... I am thinking that "Punk In Drublic" enjoys some alcoholic drink every so often.

:lol:

Just my guess ...

I’ve been known to have a sip or 2. But never drink before 5….hiccup:blush:

Before 5.jpg

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
What an interesting post. Made for an interesting read.

It shows a massive level of intolerance and indeed a lack of empathy.

Would I rather chat to an enlightened stoner or someone who piously judges the world without consideration?

When you're tolerant of everything, even atrocities seem reasonable by comparison......and you're right, there is a complete lack of empathy on my part.

Because I'm not a criminal and there is no such thing as an enlightened stoner. Everything you see and do is colored or affected by this drug. Your choice of friends, your love interests, where you work, what you do in your free time and even where you go on vacation.

THC and CBD users are quick to point out the many benefits of usage, most of them are conflated, full of hyberbole and poorly researched.

Much like other drugs in history.

Vodkas name literally translates to "water of life".

Similar claims were made about coke and luadinum at the turn of the century.

Yet you rarely if ever hear anyone talking about the bad effects of getting high.

The fact that it's a psychoactive drug is enough for me.In case you don't know what that means, chronic, long term use can affect your brain chemistry and turn you into a completely different person.

And I do not want to be associated with it in any way, shape or form.

Period.

This is supposed to be the Electronic Cigarette Forum.

Not the Vape Pen Forum

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
When you're tolerant of everything, even atrocities seem reasonable by comparison......and you're right, there is a complete lack of empathy on my part.

Because I'm not a criminal.

THC and CBD users are quick to point out the many benefits of usage, most of them conflated, full of hyberbole and poorly researched.

Vodka name literally translates to "water of life".

Yet you rarely if ever hear anyone talking about the bad effects of getting high.

The fact that it's a psychoactive drug is enough for me.

And I do not want to be associated with it in any way, shape or form
So because you vape it's legitimate and so is the "good" research...not understanding your problem with the much more researched over the years of the benefits to be had from thc and alcohol.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I understand that reaction from you personally, for your personal choices.

What I don't quite understand is your expectation that an internet forum not be diverse. I get where you liked it "the old way", due to your personal opinions on all this. But I'm not as shocked/surprised as you, I guess, about the new changes here given all the legalization going on in the States and also the recent THC vape heath crisis.

Because it's the internet. By definition, it's pretty open-to-all. By design.

I don't consider myself an "enabler" nor "associated with THC/Green" just because ECF has a cannibus subforum now.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
So because you vape it's legitimate and so is the "good" research...not understanding your problem with the much more researched over the years of the benefits to be had from thc and alcohol.

No, it's legitimate because I'm vaping for the right reason.

Pot smokers have other drugs delivery methods to fall back on if they get vaping taken away from the rest of us. They literally have nothing to lose.

That's not the case with ex smokers. We stand to lose everything and that should be evident to everyone after the last couple of months in particular.

It's no coincidence that flavor and vaping bans happened immediately after the deaths and illnesses caused by illicit drug users using vaping devices outside their intended purpose.

That should be cause enough to send these idiots packing......not invite them into our living rooms for tea and crumpets.

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I don't care about it, if don't want to see it, just put the forum on ignore, problem solved.

I do think it was bad timing to be added though, just as all these deaths and illness from THC, a cannabis forum gets added, which could look bad for people looking in.

Because I'm not a criminal and there is no such thing as an enlightened stoner. Everything you see and do is colored or affected by this drug. Your choice of friends, your love interests, where you work, what you do in your free time and even where you go on vacation.

THC and CBD users are quick to point out the many benefits of usage, most of them are conflated, full of hyberbole and poorly researched.

You know you sound like one of these very closed minded people who think normal vaping is killing people, you really should do your own research, weed helps a lot of people with medical conditions, and even people just smoking to get high is better than alcohol, amount of people who get violent after drinking, stoners just get the munchies and slouch around, you don't see stoners smashing things and people up like drinkers.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    No, it's legitimate because I'm vaping for the right reason.

Pot smokers have other drugs delivery methods to fall back on if they get vaping taken away from the rest of us. They literally have nothing to lose.

That's not the case with ex smokers. We stand to lose everything and that should be evident to everyone after the last couple of months.
    So addiction to opioids is okay rather using the kinder less abusive thc or drinking a glass of red wine daily for heart health?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I don't care about it, if don't want to see it, just put the forum on ignore, problem solved.

I do think it was bad timing to be added though, just as all these deaths and illness from THC, a cannabis forum gets added, which could look bad for people looking in.

You know you sound like one of these very closed minded people who think normal vaping is killing people, you really should do your own research, weed helps a lot of people with medical conditions, and even people just smoking to get high is better than alcohol, amount of people who get violent after drinking, stoners just get the munchies and slouch around, you don't see stoners smashing things and people up like drinkers.
    Have to say I believe a stoned driver is as dangerous as a drunk driver, think it just doesn't make the news as often since drug tests are expensive and the stoner usually gets off with a ticket if there's no injuries.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Have to say I believe a stoned driver is as dangerous as a drunk driver, think it just doesn't make the news as often since drug tests are expensive and the stoner usually gets off with a ticket if there's no injuries.

Do totally agree with you there, penalties should be really high if stoned or drunk, think the US is to lack when it comes to either.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    new york

I don't believe that anybody should be driving under the influence of anything that might affect their judgement, but there have been various studies which show that cannabis is far safer than alcohol when it comes to driving.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-safer-than-drunk-ones-new-federal-data-show/

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio

Vodkas name literally translates to "water of life".

The fact that it's a psychoactive drug is enough for me.In case you don't know what that means, chronic, long term use can affect your brain chemistry and turn you into a completely different person.

And I do not want to be associated with it in any way, shape or form.

Period.

This is supposed to be the Electronic Cigarette Forum.

Not the Vape Pen Forum
    You made it pretty obvious that you don't like it. Things change. When they do, you have two options. Change with it, or get left behind. Just because you think THC products are evil and potheads are junkies and deviants, doesn't make it true. I am 100% positive you interact with people that use THC products quite often, and find them to be fine people. It isn't until you find out that they use it that your opinion changes, if you ever do find out.

Now, I don't use any THC products (I use to when I was younger though), and may drink a small amount of alcohol once or twice a year. But that doesn't mean I will look down on someone who does. I have my own drugs I use daily. Nicotine and caffeine. Both of these make people more addicted than THC does. Mood swings, anger, unclear thinking, and more can happen if someone doesn't get their caffeine or nic fix. Quiting smoking is 1000% harder than quiting weed (I've done both). I've even seen someone get stabbed for a cigarette, so how is the guy that did that not an addicted junkie? He was dead sober, just wanted a cig that bad.

Now, nobody is forcing you to be here. You clearly have a problem with even reading words that some "criminal" wrote on the internet. I believe you are going to have a hard time finding anywhere that has none of these "criminals" contributing, but wish you the best of luck with that journey.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Pot smokers have safer alternatives to vaping oil based cartridges at their disposal. Smoking a joint, a bowl or a hookah, just to name a few.

They prefer our devices because they're more portable and vaping THC makes it easier to hide both the act of getting high and the smell, from other people and authorities.

If they get vaping taken away from us, for their own selfish wants, what alternatives do we have?

A motivation for vaping THC is to get some of the harm reduction nic vapers do. It's surprising to see a claim they should just go back to smoking. And the smoke also contains vaporized oils, of course. Some of these, at least, are tolerated by the body. Liquids do have a risk that they are not as visibly inspectable, but visual inspection of bud or tobacco leaf is still very incomplete. Something consumed more entirely for its effect does pose more of a risk than that just uses a standardized refined nicotine.... I think this is a good question that has not really been answered. I'm haven't seen anyone here that really seems to know the technical details of THC vaping. I know some of it passed state testing, which most nic vaping has not.

As the majority of those publically saying stupid things are presumably straight or only legal drug users (alcohol, nic, caffiene), I cannot trust them or their motivations. Everything they do in life is influenced by their belief that somehow makes them superior.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    It's no coincidence that flavor and vaping bans happened immediately after the deaths and illnesses caused by illicit drug users using vaping devices outside their intended purpose.

If you really think the flavor bans etc has anything to do with the illicit drug users, then you are blind, the real truth it comes down to money, nothing else, notice how hardly any news media are reporting the problems are down to illegal THC carts, they just reporting as vaping illnesses, hence why so many are now against vaping at all, and the sad thing, a lot of people don't even know the real reason for the deaths and illness, so still got people vaping them carts.

The bans have nothing to do with the THC products or even the youth, even though they do say it is to protect the children, BS it's to protect their pockets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread