Why all the hate for cloud chasers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
SSD's = standard in the MacBook and MacBook Air's for over two years. SSD's and Hybrid drives available in the iMacs for over two years. PCIe 3.0, last generation of the tower Mac Pros (sad to see that form-factor die though). GPU's - what do you really need?

As customizable as you can do with a scratch-built PC from components? Nope. Never been that way. Can't argue there.

But I have Macs running years beyond where most people trash their PC's. My Mac laptop and desktop are 10 and 8 years old respectively, both running fine, doing what I need. Any issues I've had have been the normal stuff like hard drives failing after years of use.
Are you sure? Because I tried to help my friend get an SSD for his mac and It could not support it. And it was brand new. Also, I know they can run PCIe 3.0. But they can not fully power the lanes. Such as the multi lane 2 TB SSD. But I will admit, most PC's can fully utlize that either. You need a $1,000 CPU for that. To fully utilize every lane at full pototional.

It is not about what you need. It is about what you can do. =) 4 way SLI 980 ti's for 4k gaming at 80fps? If I could afford it, you know I would. I have my dream build. That I will never be able to afford. I do not get people who get a titian. Waste of monies. it cost almost 2 times what the ti cost for 3% more power. A light overclock would take care of that. Just play another 150 and get 2 ti's.

I will admit, I do not know nearly as much about Mac's as I do PC. So if I am wrong on something about the mac I will admit I do not know it all on them. I have never worked on them. I tried to onetime and could not find parts it supported. So told my friend to sale it and get a PC.

Last edited:

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
yeah i do hate druggies so what? and because of the potheads using ecig devices, now i have to worry about cops stopping me from my buisiness, wasting my time, and checking me thinking it might be weed?

So you hate someone because they do something that you do not agree with, for some reason, that does not hurt anyone? May I ask your reasoning for that? How it effects you?

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
yeah i do hate druggies so what? and because of the potheads using ecig devices, now i have to worry about cops stopping me from my buisiness, wasting my time, and checking me thinking it might be weed?
Sounds to me like you are a judgmental, hateful person. Cops will do what cops will do. But blame other people if you want. Cops have never need a reason in the past to wast my time. And with an attitude like that, I am sure it is not because of the mod they are wasting your time for. But if you want to be a grumpy person, by all means.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
In my humble experience,
Macs are fine for personal use.

PCs seem to be much better for heavy dedicated work, and are easier to customize.
In general, yes, I agree with your premise. My job is as a Prepress Technician for a printing company that specializes in product packaging. I drive a Mac all day long there, which seems to contradict your last statement though. Yes, we have PC's running Windows in our department. Yes, they have the same software as the Macs. Guess which ones are used the most? Guess who our IT guy spends the most time supporting/fixing problems with?

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
In general, yes, I agree with your premise. My job is as a Prepress Technician for a printing company that specializes in product packaging. I drive a Mac all day long there, which seems to contradict your last statement though. Yes, we have PC's running Windows in our department. Yes, they have the same software as the Macs. Guess which ones are used the most? Guess who our IT guy spends the most time supporting/fixing problems with?
And I think that is what it really comes down to. I think that Mac's are better for people who do not know what they are doing. I can not stand to use them. My uncle has always had them at his house. As I kid I HATED trying to use them. And it does seem like people who do not know a lot about computers tend to like mac's more.

It really may just be what I grew up on. And so I get it more.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada

Not to detract from the overall Mac vs PC argument, but using Mac in graphics related industries is just a given.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Not to detract from the overall Mac vs PC argument, but using Mac in graphics related industries is just a given.
I have heard this. But when I look at the hardware I can not understand why. I know that a lot of Video game Desinge is done on PC. Simply from watching videos of them working on the game and talking about it and they are always working with a PC. I know playing them works best on PC too =) Because PC MASTER RACE!! lol

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What is wrong with being anti social? You only have to go outside for all of 5 seconds to realize that the human race is crap and you are better off alone. Humans are loud, rude, greedy, dirty, ect ect. Computers are what ever you tell them to be. And people say I am anti social because I spend all day on a computer. but I am sure I interact with more people than they do. =) Also, when they have a computer problem they give me a call. =)

Because people being anti-social didn't create that in the first place..o_O
overworking parents
latch key kids
kids raising kids

We DID Break it.....and We Could Fit it. But that takes effort:facepalm:

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I have heard this. But when I look at the hardware I can not understand why. I know that a lot of Video game Desinge is done on PC. Simply from watching videos of them working on the game and talking about it and they are always working with a PC. I know playing them works best on PC too =) Because PC MASTER RACE!! lol

Vector graphics.

As far as video games, you are comparing work done on large servers compared to advertising or publishing type work done at a single, independent work station.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Because people being anti-social didn't create that in the first place..o_O
overworking parents
latch key kids
kids raising kids

We DID Break it.....and We Could Fit it. But that takes effort:facepalm:
History tells me that Humans have always been evil. Pointless wars that only serve political advancements. People killing one another for money, revenge, lust. Slavery. All of the middle ages. Most of the Renaissances. The Holocaust, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki... All of WW2 for that matter. Rape, torture, mutilation. Human history is full of Evil.

Reactions: Rossum

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

They probably feel the same way, as the personal vaporizer, and even the term "vaping" originated in their scene, not ours.

Remember vaping didn't start with e cigs.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Vector graphics.

As far as video games, you are comparing work done on large servers compared to advertising or publishing type work done at a single, independent work station.
I am talking about the actual making of the game though. The desinge of it. I am not sure if that falls under the graphics or not. But the software they use to create the environment and the like. When they build the world.

Reactions: Toronnah

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
They probably feel the same way, as the personal vaporizer, and even the term "vaping" originated in their scene, not ours.

Remember vaping didn't start with e cigs.

This is VERY true. In some game chats I will say "Do any of you vape?" And I will get "No drug talk in the main clan chat please. Take it to a side room." Because some people that is the first thing that comes to mind. Because it has been around longer. And I want to look into dabbers. TO see if they have been around longer than dippers or not. If so than Vapers took tokers tech for it.

Reactions: Toronnah

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This is VERY true. In some game chats I will say "Do any of you vape?" And I will get "No drug talk in the main clan chat please. Take it to a side room." Because some people that is the first thing that comes to mind. Because it has been around longer. And I want to look into dabbers. TO see if they have been around longer than dippers or not. If so than Vapers took tokers tech for it.
Yes they have been around much longer than drippers.
About 10 years longer.

Guess which Vegas trade show presented the first e cigs.
;)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
History tells me that Humans have always been evil. Pointless wars that only serve political advancements. People killing one another for money, revenge, lust. Slavery. All of the middle ages. Most of the Renaissances. The Holocaust, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki... All of WW2 for that matter. Rape, torture, mutilation. Human history is full of Evil.

No sunshine for you :oops:

Show me a Snow Ball and I will show you a kid glad to throw it through a window........and 12 more wanting to turn it into a snow man.

To blame the bad on Mankind rather than Bad men is ridiculous and mis-labeling.

However I suppose knowing 1/2 of history is better than knowing nothing of the past:?:

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Yes they have been around much longer that drippers.
About 10 years longer.
Oh wow. I have not really seen them blow up until about when Atty's came out. But maybe that is what made atty's come out. The growing use of dabbers. Also.. why would anyone use a mod for that? They cost more, and they would not be as effective. And it is bad for the coils. A dabber is made for that. I think that is is more of "people can" than it is "they do." I am sure some people do. But not a lot.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
No sunshine for you :oops:

Show me a Snow Ball and I will show you a kid glad to throw it through a window........and 12 more wanting to turn it into a snow man.

To blame the bad on Mankind rather than Bad men is ridiculous and mis-labeling.

However I suppose knowing 1/2 of history is better than knowing nothing of the past:?:

In my own life and personal experiences I have come to realize that good people are the expection. Not the rule. Most people will kick you when you are down, ridicule you for being different. Kids in school will endlessly pick on someone until they just want to take their own life. That just goes to prove that it is nature, not nurture. At least in my mind. As I have said before, I am jaded. The human race has made me this way. And so I avoid them.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Oh wow. I have not really seen them blow up until about when Atty's came out. But maybe that is what made atty's come out. The growing use of dabbers. Also.. why would anyone use a mod for that? They cost more, and they would not be as effective. And it is bad for the coils. A dabber is made for that. I think that is is more of "people can" than it is "they do." I am sure some people do. But not a lot.

Those were originally built differently than ours, and that word didn't mean what it means today, but the overall concept was the same.
I can't talk about their efficiency as it's against the rules.

Instead of bashing that scene, we should thank them.
Without them we wouldn't have vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread