Why are drip tips so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try these from goodprophets:

Drip Tips

They're not the same quality, but they work just as well and they're only $3.79.
thats where i buy mine from.

My only wish with drip tips, i wish someone would make a carto friendly drip tip...the drip tips are funneled to the center to drop directly on the atty, but thats not where you want to drip for a carto... off to the side to hit the filler would be excellent. I just hold the carto at an angle so it drips off the funnel end over to the side...

mikecyber

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Egg fryingly hot Florida
My only wish with drip tips, i wish someone would make a carto friendly drip tip...the drip tips are funneled to the center to drop directly on the atty, but thats not where you want to drip for a carto... off to the side to hit the filler would be excellent. I just hold the carto at an angle so it drips off the funnel end over to the side...
That's not dripping, it's refilling. And rather pointless. Use a 901 atty, it'll fit your 808 batts. Or remove the stuffing from the carto.
To make your vaping as easy as possible, get an AFS.

That's not dripping, it's refilling. And rather pointless. Use a 901 atty, it'll fit your 808 batts. Or remove the stuffing from the carto.
To make your vaping as easy as possible, get an AFS.
pointless is people speaking of things in which they have no clue...a regular atty with a drip tip, the drip falls in the center right on the atty...some of us use cartos and when they are ready to be cleaned we remove the filler and use them as drippers. The problem, like i stated in my first post is the drip wants to fall on the tube inside of the carto...having a drip tip with an offset would allow the drip to fall where the filler would be... that, my friend, is dripping as well:toast:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
pointless is people speaking of things in which they have no clue...a regular atty with a drip tip, the drip falls in the center right on the atty...some of us use cartos and when they are ready to be cleaned we remove the filler and use them as drippers. The problem, like i stated in my first post is the drip wants to fall on the tube inside of the carto...having a drip tip with an offset would allow the drip to fall where the filler would be... that, my friend, is dripping as well:toast:

Now don't get all testes oh I mean testy.

I only just started with cartos and already found out how to use them with a drip tip. I agree it would rock if they were set up for it, I use the 510's and man it's a tight fit. I pretty much have to roll it down the sides and then it's a mess you have to clean the little buggers out every day or they get nasty.:toast:

I won't use an atty and cart combo, I swear to bjesnes that I have tried every cart mod and nothing beats dripping. I rip out the wick and the bridge and drip right on to the coil. The one thing I have noticed is that the cartomizers don't seem to burn out as quick at 5 volts as the atties do.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Yes there are lots of places, as posted above, with lower price tips. As with everything it's a matter of personal preference and of quality. Also the T-tips were the original ones afaik.

Looking into buying a SUPER-T drip tip and most of them are 19.99 and that's going to end up bein like 25 dollars for shipping and everything total. But WHY? 19.99 for a piece of hollowed out metal with a little rubber o-ring? Anyone? Is it even worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify this is inaccurate.

It's clearly stated on the site that :

***As always, T-tip shipping is only $1.25!***

So even if you get the 19.99 ones that doesn't possibly add up to $25. And there are a wide range of tips that vary in price from $7.49 to $19.99. ;)

So.... With the good prophets drip tips... I'm getting one of each. Do I still need to put effort into drippin right on the bridge??? Or can I just kinda drip wherever in the center and it'll go right on the bridge??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any of the drip tips from any of the companies should cause the liquid to drip directly onto the bridge if designed correctly.

New_World

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
well some tips are better than others.

some tips have looks the same but arn't the same materials.
some have a crappy coating and less quality material.

the super t Stainless tips are made from medical grade stainless steel.
mine came polished and sparkles like a diamond.
made in USA.
not to mension Super T (david) invented the drip tip.
there may not be any drip tips today if it wasn't for super T.

super T makes the best tips IMO.
I own many.

the tip is going to last you forever, so why not get the real deal?

Now don't get all testes oh I mean testy.

I only just started with cartos and already found out how to use them with a drip tip. I agree it would rock if they were set up for it, I use the 510's and man it's a tight fit. I pretty much have to roll it down the sides and then it's a mess you have to clean the little buggers out every day or they get nasty.:toast:

I won't use an atty and cart combo, I swear to bjesnes that I have tried every cart mod and nothing beats dripping. I rip out the wick and the bridge and drip right on to the coil. The one thing I have noticed is that the cartomizers don't seem to burn out as quick at 5 volts as the atties do.
Not all testy Mr.Smith:D

The fit on a 510 is TIGHT!... I too tried all of the cart mods, they either just didnt work right or were a hassle to fill. They all leaked at some point. The good thing with cartos is fill em and forget em...But sooner or later, they eventually get to where they are clogged or act clogged anyways...thats when they go into the used bag o cartos...they get all of they filler removed and become drippers. The only 2 problems with this is #1 the drip tip which drops onto the tube and #2, I have yet to have a carto dripper last more than 48 hrs. It seems to burn out quicker. Either way, up to a weeks worth of use, plus an additional 2 days dripping, i will never go back to the atty/cart set up.

I do keep an atty on hand though to try new flavors. You can never clean a carto good enough if you load a bad flavor. I just drip with it and if i like the flavor, it gets a carto, if not, it gets PIFed.:2cool:

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Thanks for all the info everyone. As always, ECF community rocks

I ended up going with MadVapes drip tips but had to get them in freakin PURPLE UGH hahaha, but I bet they will look good on my black and white chuck (when it gets here). Madvapes are made of aluminum which I'm not totally happy with but if I like the concept of drip tips I'll go ahead and buy a real T. Peace

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
As for your original question, Xanax, it's just like your screen name. The Xanax brand of Alprazolam is more expensive than the generics, because Pfizer spent all those millions of dollars to develop it. In SuperTManufacturing's case, it wasn't millions of dollars, but, I am sure, a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (and perhaps hundreds of dollars).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread