Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Dmcafee said:
I am totally new to the whole ecig scene. But I have taken my carts and put new fluval in them and drip my juice in it. I really thought that was dripping. But its now? What actually is dripping?
What you are doing is not dripping. The technical name for what you're doing is just called "re-filling" or "topping off". The concept of dripping is very simple really. In your case I assume you do not own a drip tip so you would take the filler out of the cart and when you wanted to use your e-cig you take the cart off so the atomizers inside is exposed, and put a few drops of e-liquid right on the atomizer bridge. Then put the empty cart back on. The only purpose the "empty cart" serves when you drip is so you have a mouth piece. Nothing more. Lots of people don't like puttin their lips directly around an exposed atomizer. Dripping takes a lot of funky and bad tastes away and brings out the true flavor of the juice you're using. Hope this helps.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
The fit on a 510 is TIGHT!... I too tried all of the cart mods, they either just didnt work right or were a hassle to fill. They all leaked at some point. The good thing with cartos is fill em and forget em...But sooner or later, they eventually get to where they are clogged or act clogged anyways...thats when they go into the used bag o cartos...they get all of they filler removed and become drippers. The only 2 problems with this is #1 the drip tip which drops onto the tube and #2, I have yet to have a carto dripper last more than 48 hrs. It seems to burn out quicker. Either way, up to a weeks worth of use, plus an additional 2 days dripping, i will never go back to the atty/cart set up.

I do keep an atty on hand though to try new flavors. You can never clean a carto good enough if you load a bad flavor. I just drip with it and if i like the flavor, it gets a carto, if not, it gets PIFed.:2cool:

I have no clue on how to rip the filler out without taking the sock (or wick, heard it called both) with it and have ruined 3 carts trying this. Am i doing something wrong? Dogsbody's video wasn't clear on that point....and I have a lot of carts so I really want to learn how to make the change -- do I need a tip in addition?

Ordered my GLV-2 yesterday, soylent green, I mean nebula green -- yours is awesome-looking, hope mine is the same....

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
Let me see, the wage for the super t guy are problem more in an hour than some chinese folks get paid in, I don't know, a month/year/life time. Labour is basically a lot cheaper in China. Also, the products are actually a little different to be fair to super t, the chinese ones tend to be nickle plated, some users report that the chinese tips have a metalic taste. Myself? I quite like that 'sucking on a chrome bumper' taste, it goes away after a few hours use.

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
I paid the full amount for a super t drip tip. And I have no regrets whatsoever. No metallic taste, quality workmanship, solid medical grade stainless steel, aesthetically pleasing, and engineered to work right. As someone who works engineering things to work right the first time, and every time, I appreciate there is a premium for this. You're not buying something that came right off the assembly line next to hundreds more of the same item. You're buying something that is precisely machined to fit correctly, engineered to drip correctly with minimal leakage, and that looks great to boot. I bought one, and it has replaced every other tip I have owned. My only regret is that I didn't invest in a couple more. I hadn't tried it previously and in justifying the price I wouldn't order more than one at the time, I was skeptical as to if it was worth it. I would have already used a bunch more of any other type by now, I bet. Instead, I am using the same tip and swapping it between atomisers while every other tip I purchased collects dust with some of the other stuff I bought when starting out.

Hyundais are nice, inexpensive, and apparently quite reliable, but you're just not going to get the same experience as you would when driving a ferrari or a porsche. Simple as that. I'm willing to place money on the fact that unless I lose this thing, or run it over with a steam roller, I probably won't be needing to replace it. I might need a new o ring at some point, but that's it. Something tells me that most of the cheaper alternatives will end up costing as much if not more in the long run.

Do I think they could be a little cheaper? Probably, only because as compared to other e cig parts, a drip tip is the smallest and the one with the least parts and therefore the one least likely to give you issues. But all things considered, that 20 bucks or so that you spend for something that will not need to be replaced (unlike just about every other PV part that you'll purchase) is 20 bucks or so well spent.

I'd buy some cheaper tips to see if they'd compare, but I have no need to.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Well after using this madvapes tip for a little while I have noticed a few problems with it that I'm pretty sure super T has fixed with driptips.

1. The Madvapes annodized aluminum tip seems to not drip right on the middle a lot of times... I can tell because sometimes when the atty is dry I'll drip 2 drops through the tip and it will flood, but others when atty is dry I'll do it and it vapes verrrry well.

2. I have noticed a little metallic taste after using it for a while I hate to say it.

3. This is probably the case with all drip tips but I can't be sure- the outside REALLY gunks up quick.

4. Sometimes when dripping the liquid gets stuck in the top and won't drip down, and it takes forever for an air bubble to come up and finally drip down. (sorry idk how else to explain that :-/)

Those are the problems I've noticed so far. I don't know how a super t will fix those problems but the funneled ones sound like they'd definitely fix the center dripping problem at least.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i get mine from heaven-gifts. i got one from rob at good prophet with the wider hole and I like it better. Drip tips - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

Type A has the wider hole and drips go down easier, but the type B one feels better in my mouth

type A:

502_20100429055123_1.jpg

type B:

505_20100506035038_1.jpg

they also have Delrin tips. don't know what the attraction is on them. never tried them

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Does the T-Tip prevent the "hot spit" of juice you sometimes get when vaping? I'm not talking about it coming up the sides, but directly from the atty mid-vape. That's the only issue I ever have with my drip tip, usually happens when it's near dry though.

I've used a "generic" or at least non T-Tip, from Nhaler, for the last three months with my eGo. Specifically it's a shorty Delrin tip, of the tapered variety. Almost never get juice come up the sides due to a habit I've acquired of "packing" the e-cig once or twice in your palm, battery end down. This gets any errant juice back down to the atty.

Ordered a widemouth metal drip tip from Good Prophets yesterday, similar to the one sold by HG above, for $1.50. See how that works out.

You definitely don't need to buy a genuine T-Tip, when the alternatives are over ten times less and work 90% as well.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
they also have Delrin tips. don't know what the attraction is on them. never tried them

Delrin:
1) you can grip them with your teeth without getting that "scrape your fingernails on a chalkboard" nerve reaction. More like biting on hard wood.
2) you can grip them with your teeth without feeling like you're going to make the chips in your teeth worse.
3) if the coil in your cartomizer sticks up further than most and contacts the drip tip you won't look like a Weird Science experiment :)

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Quick1 said:
Delrin:
1) you can grip them with your teeth without getting that "scrape your fingernails on a chalkboard" nerve reaction. More like biting on hard wood.
2) you can grip them with your teeth without feeling like you're going to make the chips in your teeth worse.
3) if the coil in your cartomizer sticks up further than most and contacts the drip tip you won't look like a Weird Science experiment :)
Don't they have a high potential to melt? Do they have a funny taste if you run your atty too hot? What are delrin tips made out of? Plastic???

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Don't they have a high potential to melt? Do they have a funny taste if you run your atty too hot? What are delrin tips made out of? Plastic???

Why they're made out of Delrin of course! But yes, plastic. Specifically Polyoxymethylene plastic. Melting point is kind of low, at 347 degrees Fahrenheit. However, I've been using one on my eGo for the last two month and there are no visible signs of melting. It's not nearly as close to the atty as a traditional cartridge, so therefore isn't subjected to that much heat. I chain vape a lot too and the atty gets pretty hot (especially with the cone), Delrin tip always feels cool.

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Delrin for use in the food industry. Delrin was used by Mattel from 1968 to 1972 to produce the low-friction wheel bearings found on redline Hot Wheels. Delrin is made from acetal homopolymer resin, and, when extruded into large basic shapes (i.e., sheets, rods, and tubes), tends to be subject to porosity problems. These porosity problems can make the product less reliable in certain applications. Acetal copolymer (Acetron GP) is often used as a replacement for Delrin (acetal homopolymer) when porosity risk is a factor in material selection.

Go check out the Wikipedia article for more info: Polyoxymethylene plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Why they're made out of Delrin of course! But yes, plastic. Specifically Polyoxymethylene plastic. Melting point is kind of low, at 347 degrees Fahrenheit. However, I've been using one on my eGo for the last two month and there are no visible signs of melting. It's not nearly as close to the atty as a traditional cartridge, so therefore isn't subjected to that much heat. I chain vape a lot too and the atty gets pretty hot (especially with the cone), Delrin tip always feels cool.

Go check out the Wikipedia article for more info: Polyoxymethylene plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for all the info, I'm reading up on it right now. I have always been curious about the delrin tips.

We just purchased 4 Delrin Drip Tips from Route66vapor for $2.95 each. Hubby & I use the Joye 510 and have been refilling our carts since we started vaping. With the delrin drip tip, no more refilling. The tip feels great in your mouth - as previous posters mentioned, no metallic feeling. They are a sturdy, smooth plastic. I burn pretty hot on my atty and haven't had any issues with melting. I am still new to 'dripping' and have had problems trying to figure out what the right amount is, but it's well worth learning in my opinion. Also the type to walk around w/my e-cig poking out of my mouth & this tip is much easier on the teeth! Hope this helps! :D

Also wanted to add that I do have problems with the juice 'sitting' in the top hole when I 1st put it in. I've noticed if I slightly pull the drip tip up (without detaching it from the atty), then the juice will then migrate down on it's own...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread