Status
Not open for further replies.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
I have one of the cheap nickle-plated tips from GP and it works just fine. The hole through the middle is tapered, so it's wide at the top but smaller and centered directly over the bridge at the bottom. My only problem with them is that at 5V, they get uncomfortably hot if you're chain vaping. I've solved the issue by cutting the end out of a silicone carto condom and sticking it over the DT. Works well at keeping it from burning my lips. Perhaps there's a market for a silicone-coated metal drip tip.

Or you could do away with the metal completely. Mold the whole thing out of high-temp silicone for pennies a piece. It doesn't melt, doesn't add a weird metallic taste, and doesn't get hot. You wouldn't need an o-ring because you could just mold a "bump" into the silicone itself. You could sell them four for a dollar and still make money. If I knew the first thing about moldmaking, I'd do it myself.

Attachments

• tip.jpg
    tip.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 152

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
J-ShaZzle said:
I ordered 3 delrin drip tips after burning my lip on my stainless steel drip tip. Vaped for like a hr straight and my atty heated the tip, way to much to my liking. Hoping Delrin solves this issue.
Really? Weird! I would think that the delrin plastic wouldn't be a good material for hear absorption and transfer. Did it melt? It actually got too hot to put in your mouth/ on your lips?

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
South NJ
www.facebook.com
The stainless steel tips got to hot. My Delrin tips just arrived today. I'll let you know if I have any problems after 24 hrs of use. I've been told by a vendor that the plastic should be fine. They don't sit on the atty, but just above it. I've also slightly melted oem tips too from not properly sitting them into the atty.

I think the stainless steel ones absorb heat from the atty and just keep getting hotter and hotter.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I have a delrin super-t and it never gets hot either, at least not at 3.7V with a standard 510 atty. (haven't used it with anything higher) I absolutely love mine and don't regret the money I spent on it at all. I agree with everything jaybones said a few pages back.

My wife has both good prophets tips. She doesn't like the metallic taste of the metal tip and the delrin tip keeps rocking out of the atty. She's getting a super-t too after trying mine.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
radicaljd said:
Is there any advantage to the "shorty" T-Tip, as opposed to the regular?
I honestly think it really depends on what feels good in your mouth, short or long. I realize how dirty that sounds but I couldn't find any other way to word it. Also I think MAYBE with the longer one the juice would have more time to "center" in the tube for better dripping accuracy. I may be wrong about this.

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
I have the metal drip tips and also the delrin. I much prefer the delrin as others have mentioned because if I'm chainvaping and taking really long draws even at 3.7v the metal tips get hot. Not to mention if I'm trying to vape while driving down some of my country roads around here...I'm afraid I'd lose a tooth with a metal tip clinking on my teeth. With the delrin..even if it hits my tooth with a bounce, it won't hurt it.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    To avoid liquid in mouth, blow gently into the tip before dripping. Reason is, if you just vaped, some of the vapor will 'sit' in the tip so when you drip, it sits on top of the vapor. Once you get used to it, it is second nature and takes no time at all to do. Love my drip tips, have them from several vendors including super t but love nhaler's the best. Like the fit and the cool twisted colors.

Xanax

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    rosesense said:
    To avoid liquid in mouth, blow gently into the tip before dripping. Reason is, if you just vaped, some of the vapor will 'sit' in the tip so when you drip, it sits on top of the vapor. Once you get used to it, it is second nature and takes no time at all to do. Love my drip tips, have them from several vendors including super t but love nhaler's the best. Like the fit and the cool twisted colors.
    I do this too, it works actually. When I don't do it I get a bunch of hot liquid in my mouth on the next few drags after dripping. I actually blow in it before AND after. Sometimes when I drip it Looks like all the liquid has gone down but it's stuck in the very bottom.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    i just tried one of the NHaler twisted tips. Still like my Super-T better.

I just got my first genuine stainless steel T-Tip today. Sure beats my generic delrin drip tip I got from another supplier. I love the fact that I don't need to have such a perfect aim anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread